Be Like Christ  v Talk Like Paul

Be Like Christ v Talk Like Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
No inheritance for Christians who sin needs no explanation.

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which ...[text shortened]... is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.(Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)
Nothing in the verse you quote supports the thing you said,

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Nothing in the verse you quote supports the thing you said,
OK. move along now. Dont dwell on the same thing over and over.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Did someone say works can save. Why does this line keep coming back ?

Jesus saves.
God sent Jesus to save people from their sins.
Works alone cant save. It is clear that you can do powerful works, but works alone are not sufficient.

…21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said

These are bornagain Saints as Peter noted in his opening paragraph of the letter. This is what Jesus Christ will determine, who is who and judge accordingly.
It's a comfort for me to know Jesus knows his own.

Sometimes for us it's not always easy to tell.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
So, what of the 4000 yrs of people before Christ? I think Paul addressed that issue.

What is your opinion of their situation.
It is my belief that God knows His own in every age.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
It's a comfort for me to know Jesus knows his own.

Sometimes for us it's not always easy to tell.
Well this has been my point for years and years. Jesus knows, we do not know. All we know is that there is stuff that is required of a Christian, faith and works. We are told in no uncertain terms what these are, and what the consequences are of failure.

We are not in any position to pick out who will or will not be worthy of the Kingdom of God. Yet many Christians preach something else

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
It is my belief that God knows His own in every age.
Yes again. There are people in every age in every country and nation who God had chosen to carry on with some kind of preaching. Not all of it is exactly the same. I remember Paul saying that he modified his preaching to suit his audience.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Well this has been my point for years and years. Jesus knows, we do not know. All we know is that there is stuff that is required of a Christian, faith and works. We are told in no uncertain terms what these are, and what the consequences are of failure.

We are not in any position to pick out who will or will not be worthy of the Kingdom of God. Yet many Christians preach something else
It's true. There are a lot of people claiming to be Christian, but preach and teach "another gospel".

It's not that difficult to tell who they are. The Bible is full of admonitions about it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@medullah said
Works alone cant save. It is clear that you can do powerful works, but works alone are not sufficient.

…21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many mira ...[text shortened]... ?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…
I think that is a bad example. These people who called 'Lord Lord' did nothing along the lines of good works. They did wonderful works which they described as miracles, casting out demons etc. Nowhere in the teachings of Christ are these described as good works.

That passage is saying that calling Lord Lord [aka professions of faith and belief], is not sufficient for entry into the Kingdom of God

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Yes again. There are people in every age in every country and nation who God had chosen to carry on with some kind of preaching. Not all of it is exactly the same. I remember Paul saying that he modified his preaching to suit his audience.
I don't think that is what Paul meant when he said, "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

Paul did not change the gospel message.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
OK. move along now. Dont dwell on the same thing over and over.
I’d want to move along to if realize I said things that went against scripture and what I quoted had nothing to do with the claim I was being questioned about.

Moves
15 Feb 22

Be like Rajk, talk like Robocop.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Feb 22

@Rajk999

These German saints have the right idea.

Nun der Herr ist der Geist

https://soundcloud.com/user-150162352/nun-der-herr-ist-der-geist

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@Rajk999

These German saints have the right idea.

Nun der Herr ist der Geist

https://soundcloud.com/user-150162352/nun-der-herr-ist-der-geist
I never have and never will, pull up any link unless the poster gives some indication what it is about and I trust that person. I dont trust you neither do I care to read your links

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I think that is a bad example. These people who called 'Lord Lord' did nothing along the lines of good works. They did wonderful works which they described as miracles, casting out demons etc. Nowhere in the teachings of Christ are these described as good works.

That passage is saying that calling Lord Lord [aka professions of faith and belief], is not sufficient for entry into the Kingdom of God
What they claimed they did wasn’t denied and you cannot say those were not good works because Jesus also did those types of works.