Being a person

Being a person

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

Why would God bring back "every idle word" ?

Probably part of it is to vindicate that nobody got away with anything.
He warned and many scoffed.
He warned and many laughed, scoffed, shook their heads that people could be so gullible and superstitious.

Jesus said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
It was once a proverb among the older folks "Everything in you is gonna come out sometime."

If you can speak. Somewhere what is in your heart will proceed out through your lips. Every idle word brought back to a man as to what he uttered God can do with infallible accuracy.

As great as His willingness to forgive, pardon, redeem, and forget, SO GREAT also is His infallible ability to account for every second of our thoughts and words. He is God. It can work for us or it can work against us depending on where we are with Christ and His redeeming work on Calvary.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
People wear masks in 'the real world' too, so it is not always easy to differentiate. I just think in the virtual world we are less likely to get the full picture of someone's personality. Perhaps it is the lack of body language and facial expressions, compromised by anonymity and an increased desire to be interesting. I have a cousin who is very outspoken on social m ...[text shortened]... definitely have to own what we post here, but will never really see a persons complete personality.
I am the same where ever you meet me, that's me.

I'm not inferring that your cousin is a criminal, but I do find it odd that they can be two persons. Which is the 'real' one?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said
Why would God bring back "every idle word" ?

Probably part of it is to vindicate that nobody got away with anything.
He warned and many scoffed.
He warned and many laughed, scoffed, shoot theirs heads that people could be so gullible and superstitious.

Jesus said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
It was once a proverb among the older f ...[text shortened]... s or it can work against us depending on where we are with Christ and His redeeming work on Calvary.
Is everything you've written in these forums a direct representation of who you are Sonship?

Because not everything you've written was kind.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
if you want to talk about God.

God spoke, let there be light and there was light. He brought forth the world from his words and He made us in His image.

The passage you refer to is about human nature- people saying what they think the other people want to hear and in some cases they don't mean a word of it. It still illustrates who they are. Liars, clearly.

Do you have any examples of less developed countries being less easily influenced?
Actually in the passage quoted from the bible, only one is a liar. The other is honest.

Oh yes. In less developed countries we have more problems to deal with so actors, celebrities, politicians and other famous people's lives mean nothing to us. Apparently this is big business in your neck of the woods

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps it is the lack of body language and facial expressions
I agree body language can say a lot.
A certain wry smile at a comment can tell me a lot about where someone is at with the conversation.
But when all we have is words, all the more reason to be precise and measured.
For work, for example, I don't use exclamation marks and my explanations can become wordy as I make sure the meaning is conveyed.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
Actually in the passage quoted from the bible, only one is a liar. The other is honest.

Oh yes. In less developed countries we have more problems to deal with so actors, celebrities, politicians and other famous people's lives mean nothing to us. Apparently this is big business in your neck of the woods
correct.

Umm really? I don't live there, you do or you say you do. Maybe you're right (?) So do you have any examples then?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said

If you can speak. Somewhere what is in your heart will proceed out through your lips. Every idle word brought back to a man as to what he uttered God can do with infallible accuracy.
I find it hard to believe that this applies to you. All that mouthworshiping nonsense you preach cannot all be in your heart. Its not possible for a man to truly believe that he can just profess faith with your mouth, then live in sin and eventually get eternal life. Nobody can be that evil to really think that in their heart.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
correct.

Umm really? I don't live there, you do or you say you do. Maybe you're right (?) So do you have any examples then?
What is it you are questioning, whether or not LDCs have more problems to deal with?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21
4 edits

@yo-its-me

Is everything you've written in these forums a direct representation of who you are Sonship?

I am all around a sinner saved by grace. Did I say otherwise?

Actually, I am much worse at misspeaking then you could ever know.

When I spoke of making amends here for words I thought were not of the Spirit of Christ, some bragged and strutted by that nothing I said bothered them at all. That is not my motivation for clearing up mistakes. It is not primarily the fear of man but that of God.

Can one fear God and love God? Of course.

But of course only the tip of the iceberg of a person can any of us really see. God sees through and through. And God hears through and through. I have made mistakes and will make more as we saved ones are still works in progress.

Did you notice that Revelation 12 says "And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb"? (12:11) It did not say they overcame him because they never made any more errors. This is not to encourage Christians to make offenses. This is to review the extensive and powerful redemption of Christ allowing Him to further transform us along the way.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said
@yo-its-me

I am all around a sinner saved by grace. Did I say otherwise?

Actually, I am much worse at misspeaking then you could ever know.

When I spoke of making amends here for words I thought were not o ...[text shortened]... tensive and powerful redemption of Christ allowing Him to further transform us along the way.
Good answer

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

@rajk999 said
@rajk999 said
What is it you are questioning, whether or not LDCs have more problems to deal with?

I have noticed that people in more advanced developed countries tend to be more easily influenced by what a man says, how a man looks and his overall outward personality. However this is often deceptive and incorrect

Examples of that ^^^^

Are you struggling to follow our conversation?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
I am the same where ever you meet me, that's me.

I'm not inferring that your cousin is a criminal, but I do find it odd that they can be two persons. Which is the 'real' one?
He is a 'bit' of a criminal.

(Perhaps the internet version is him with fewer inhibitions, a bit like when a chap has overdone the cider).

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
I agree body language can say a lot.
A certain wry smile at a comment can tell me a lot about where someone is at with the conversation.
But when all we have is words, all the more reason to be precise and measured.
For work, for example, I don't use exclamation marks and my explanations can become wordy as I make sure the meaning is conveyed.
But what if your true personality is succinct and confident and by adapting this for the internet (by being deliberately wordy) you are altering the way your personality is received by others?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
@rajk999 said

I have noticed that people in more advanced developed countries tend to be more easily influenced by what a man says, how a man looks and his overall outward personality. However this is often deceptive and incorrect

Examples of that ^^^^

Are you struggling to follow our conversation?
When I was growing up and in high school, what was in your head, your education, your character is what counted. Somewhere after I graduated from university and doing post graduate studies apparently the advanced country mentality infiltrated our society and what became important was clothes, and hair and grooming and shoes and fake mannerisms. Just one example.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But what if your true personality is succinct and confident and by adapting this for the internet (by being deliberately wordy) you are altering the way your personality is received by others?
I don't need to worry about how my personality comes across for work. I explain legal terms and deal with facts only.

Edit: So I guess I'm saying I do say things differently depending on who I'm saying it to and what my intensions are.
In here, and the other forums I'm exploring ideas, being me but not revealing too much of myself.
In games I'm more open about my personal life, I'm trusting that the other person is genuinely interested in conversation on that level and is being as honest as I am.
At work I'm not giving anything personal, I'm listening to their personal circumstances and telling them where their rights and responsibilities lie.

But in all of these I don't bend who I am. I show a different level of connection and openness. That's how I feel anyway. Maybe I'm deluding myself!