Being a person

Being a person

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
When I was growing up and in high school, what was in your head, your education, your character is what counted. Somewhere after I graduated from university and doing post graduate studies apparently the advanced country mentality infiltrated our society and what became important was clothes, and hair and grooming and shoes and fake mannerisms. Just one example.
Being exposed to fast fashion etc and excepting those fickle values isn't the same as what you said before- that more wealthy countries are more easily swayed by a persons words.

It's the same isn't it: we're all, because of human nature, swayed by charisma and personality in making decisions that given just the facts we might not make. That's why sales tactics work, that's the flaw in democracy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
Being exposed to fast fashion etc and excepting those fickle values isn't the same as what you said before- that more wealthy countries are more easily swayed by a persons words.

It's the same isn't it: we're all, because of human nature, swayed by charisma and personality in making decisions that given just the facts we might not make. That's why sales tactics work, that's the flaw in democracy.
I think you mean capitalism [the word democracy does not fit in there]

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Feb 21

@rajk999 said
I think you mean capitalism [the word democracy does not fit in there]
If democracy worked better it wouldn't matter how much charm the candidates had. Only what their policies were, how they would spend your taxes and how they'd look after the most vulnerable in society. or whatever was important to you, the voter.
But it's been clear, particularity in the states that big personalities get the votes even when they have no policies in place or the policies are flawed.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

@yo-its-me said

But in all of these I don't bend who I am. I show a different level of connection and openness. That's how I feel anyway. Maybe I'm deluding myself!
I see it more as people being multi-dimensional and only showing some of their dimensions in the virtual world, while perhaps experimenting with a few new ones.

It's like the old adage of the elephant in a dark room. Perhaps an elephant shows only his trunk in this forum and his large ears in another. Neither forum really glimpse the whole elephant.

There is also the issue of people posting differently on different days, due to life's stresses. As a sufferer of insomnia myself, you will find my posting style very different depending on how well I am sleeping. Perhaps you only catch me at a bad time and view me as an abrupt and unforgiving personality, or perhaps at a good time and view me as somebody easy going and level headed.

F

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said
.When I spoke of making amends here for words I thought were not of the Spirit of Christ, some bragged and strutted by that nothing I said bothered them at all. That is not my motivation for clearing up mistakes. It is not primarily the fear of man but that of God.
What things have you/your online persona said here that cause you to feel you must "make amends" because of your "fear of God"? Any examples?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21
1 edit

@fmf said
What things have you/your online persona said here that cause you to feel you must "make amends" because of your "fear of God"? Any examples?
Ask me if I care that you remain very, very, VERY skeptical.

F

Moves
01 Feb 21
2 edits

@sonship said
Ask me if I care that you remain very, very, VERY skeptical.
This non-sequitur by you is a dodge. You said that there are things you have said here on this forum that literally cause you to feel "fear of God" and that this makes you want to "make amends". Are you being truthful [i.e. do you have any examples of this]? Or are you just posturing?

F

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said
When I spoke of making amends here for words I thought were not of the Spirit of Christ, some bragged and strutted by that nothing I said bothered them at all.
Have you ever used Bible quotes here to say things that "were not of the Spirit of Christ"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21

@FMF
Ask me how much I care how you size things up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 21

@FMF

And you're above being dodged by someone because of _________?

F

Moves
01 Feb 21

@sonship said
@FMF
Ask me how much I care how you size things up.
I don't think this is the issue or the topic, sonship. I think the topic here is about how sincere and real your attempts to "make amends" are and whether or not your mention of "the Spirit of Christ" and "fear of God" is, in fact, just a kind of pretentious, inverted virtue signalling that has no element of "making amends" to it at all.

But, as the OP suggests: you are what you post.

Moves
02 Feb 21

@sonship said
@yo-its-me
Actually, I am much worse at misspeaking then you could ever know.
Based on what I’ve seen if your persona in this forums over the years, I fully believe this statement by you.

Moves
02 Feb 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@yo-its-me
When I spoke of making amends here for words I thought were not of the Spirit of Christ, some bragged and strutted by that nothing I said bothered them at all. That is not my motivation for clearing up mistakes. It is not primarily the fear of man but that of God.
So when you “make amends” in here (whatever that actually means in your twisted mind) it’s not a genuine desire to actually amend some strife, is it behaviour borne out of a fear of what your version of God might do to you if you don’t.

I’m reminded of your infamous claim that you find the knowledge/belief that the people who mistreat you will be burning in hell for eternity, is a support in helping you forgive them.

You truly are a deluded and quite nasty piece of work Sonship.

Moves
02 Feb 21

@fmf said

But, as the OP suggests: you are what you post.
In sonship’s case, a religious narcissist.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
02 Feb 21

@divegeester said
In sonship’s case, a religious narcissist.
Sonship I'm sorry this has become a conflict for you.
I hoped it would be an interesting discussion. After all the Romans were not a supreme race, they don't have the monopoly on what it means to be a person. Maybe in this time where sounds can be obsolete and a whole relationship can be enjoyed even without face to face contact; maybe it means something else to be a person.
Or maybe it's about the words the person communicates, through typing in this forum that defines who that person is.
You do quote the Bible a lot, it gives the impression that you are familiar with it and religious. Whether you are trying to manipulate or have some kind of power over other forum users through projecting your fear is unclear to me. Its not working on me, if that is your aim, by the way.