1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 15:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Of course the answer in "NOTHING", but I just wanted to see what he would say. It appears no one but me had the courage to give a truthful answer to that simple question.

The Instructor
    No one is as far out there as you are, that's why. Lol.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 21:53
    Ok..I'll try again:

"If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities."

I thought I'd post this again.

What is exactly being said here?
    What are these "little things" ?
    Could it be the things that don't seem so big and important or that maybe we don't understand or even agree with that is said in the Bible?

So I'll add this question since I'm reposting this anyway.

If God has given a command in the past that is still an active command today in the Bible, but one we understand, don't agree with a little or maybe totally disagree with, what do we do? Ignor it, sneak around it somehow, try to rationalize somehow that it's out of date and cannot apply now, or do we unquestionably obey it no matter what?

What does our faith do here?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 03:56
    Knocking on doors and passing out awakes ? small thing right?

Just tell us already................LOL Man

I think like if I found your wallet and I gave it back to you without taking anything from it a small thing then I could be in charge of Fort Knocks !!!

Manny
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 04:13
    Originally posted by menace71
    Knocking on doors and passing out awakes ? small thing right?

Just tell us already................LOL Man

I think like if I found your wallet and I gave it back to you without taking anything from it a small thing then I could be in charge of Fort Knocks !!!

Manny
    Manny, geez man. Can't you just give a normal answer or is this always the best we'll get from you? Maybe you can't but give it a try and maybe you just might be enjoyable to converse with?
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 04:38

That is an honest answer be honest in all things big and small it does not matter as this is what God wants. "He has shown thee oh man what is good and what the Lord requires of thee but to love justice and mercy and to walk humbly with God"

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by menace71

That is an honest answer be honest in all things big and small it does not matter as this is what God wants. "He has shown thee oh man what is good and what the Lord requires of thee but to love justice and mercy and to walk humbly with God"

Manny
    That's a good conscientious trait to have for sure. But is that having faith in God of the things he ask of us in the Bible that we may not understand or even agree with that God ask of us in his word the Bible?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 01:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Ok..I'll try again:

"If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities."

Could it be the things that don't seem so big and ...[text shortened]... ow, or do we unquestionably obey it no matter what?

What does our faith do here?
    Being Faithful obeying God., in small matters and later in the larger matters.
    Honesty, looking out for others interest before your own, etc..
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 05:22
    That's a good conscientious trait to have for sure. But is that having faith in God of the things he ask of us in the Bible that we may not understand or even agree with that God ask of us in his word the Bible?
    Of course it is foundational to what God ask of man..........being honest loving your neighbor as yourself

Manny
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 07:37
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Being Faithful obeying God., in small matters and later in the larger matters.
    Honesty, looking out for others interest before your own, etc..
    I take issue with this statement of yours:

"Honesty, looking out for others interest before your own, etc.."

I think one should take care of his own interests first and then he can do a better job of helping others with their interests. This is what Jesus said:

"And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

(Matthew 7:3-5 NKJV)

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 07:465 edits

Could it be the things that don't seem so big and important or that maybe we don't understand or even agree with that is said in the Bible?
    It means you must understand what is expected of you before you can be faithful. If you can not even understand the little things, then how are you to be expected to understand the large things so you can be faithful. That is, you can not be dishonest and claim you understand God's commands when you don't. It is like the blind leading the blind and they both fall into the ditch. The Pharisees did not understand the law and could not be faithful and were described by Jesus as blind guides.

JWs say they must not give blood or have anything to do with saving lives through blood transfusions. If they were honest with themselves, they would know that this is contrary to the spirit of love for God and neighbor.

The Instructor
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 09:37
    I take issue with this statement of yours:

"Honesty, looking out for others interest before your own, etc.."

I think one should take care of his own interests first and then he can do a better job of helping others with their interests. This is what Jesus said:

[b]"And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plan ...[text shortened]... to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

(Matthew 7:3-5 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    Phil 2:3-4
    Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
    NKJV
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 15:033 edits
    It means you must understand what is expected of you before you can be faithful. If you can not even understand the little things, then how are you to be expected to understand the large things so you can be faithful. That is, you can not be dishonest and claim you understand God's commands when you don't. It is like the blind leading the blind and they b ...[text shortened]... would know that this is contrary to the spirit of love for God and neighbor.

The Instructor
    Well your bringing it up so how is the blood transfusion issue not being faithful to god?

I asked earlier, even with things God has said to us and in fact commanded to us and it's something we may not understand or even agree with, so how does that affect or test our "faith" in God that he just may know better?

He says not to do something and gives no conditions or exceptions and as of this day, he has not concelled that command.

How does our faith in God react now? Stay strong and unwilling to compromise or do we fall back and give in to human weekness and emotions?

I'm not saying at all it's an easy thing and that emotions are not valid and real.
    But where does faith come into our relationship with God even with life at stake?

Are we only faithful with the easy obvious things but give in with the harder things? Is your faith only on the surface or how deep does it go?

How did Abraham handle this? How would you have handled this?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 21:36
    Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
    NKJV
    That is fine, but that is not what you said.

The Instructor
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 21:37
    NKJV
    RJ has made it pretty clear in his post that he is pretty much first and his country is second on most issues.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 22:18
    Well your bringing it up so how is the blood transfusion issue not being faithful to god?

I asked earlier, even with things God has said to us and in fact commanded to us and it's something we may not understand or even agree with, so how does that affect or test our "faith" in God that he just may know better?

He says not to do something and giv ...[text shortened]... e or how deep does it go?

How did Abraham handle this? How would you have handled this?
    Blood transfusions are a way to save lives and is not forbidden by the apostle paul or by God. It is the Watchtower propaganda that has filled your minds with lies to indoctrinate you to do the devils work that make it difficult for you to be honest and accept the truth.

There is no law from God about blood transfusions, so there is no reason to cancel a non-existent law.

As Jesus said, there are weighter issues of the law that must not be ignored when we are being faithful to God.

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.” Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying: “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations.

(Genesis 17:1-5 NKJV)

Now notice that the Lord appeared to Abram or Abraham. This can not be the Father because nobody has ever seen the Father because He never appears to anyone. This must be the Son, the pre-incarnate Lord Jesus, who says, "I am Almighty God." This reminds me that Jesus said, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56)

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree