1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 23:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not put my country before God. God does not forbid war to defend the God given rights and freedoms of His people. In the Old Testament God sent his people into war as the example below shows.

[b]When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, wh ...[text shortened]... , "Should Christians go to war?"

http://carm.org/should-christian-go-war

The Instructor
    Yes you do and everyone here knows that.....

And you are still "completely" missing the point about the wars that God directed and why they happened then, not now. Not in your wildest dreams did those wars directed by God have anything to do with countries fighting countries today and if you think that way you are so far off from what God is doing with his son directing the teaching work today it truly sad, and you call yourself a what? Lol.
    If you think God is behind any nation fighting and killing today while the teaching work to educate is happening, your'e crazier then I can even imagine.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 23:53
    The point you made concerning the blood was the question: Did God give "even the slightist possibility of a hint that it could someday in the future be used for something that he would approve of?" The words in quotes are from your post. If that was not the point why would you ask?

The Instructor
    We are talking about blood transfusions in case you missed that....
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 00:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    We are talking about blood transfusions in case you missed that....
    That was what I was talking about. Blood transfusions save lives and improves health.

http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/blood_transfusion/en/

Rory the cat's life saved with a blood transfusion from a DOG after eating rat poison (and an hour later he was purring and eating biscuits)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2397891/Rory-cats-life-saved-blood-transfusion-DOG-hour-later-purring-eating-biscuits.html

The Instructor
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 00:40
    That was what I was talking about. Blood transfusions save lives and improves health.

http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/blood_transfusion/en/

Rory the cat's life saved with a blood transfusion from a DOG after eating rat poison (and an hour later he was purring and eating biscuits)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2397891/Rory-cats-life-saved-blood-transfusion-DOG-hour-later-purring-eating-biscuits.html

The Instructor
    Are you serious? Where is the proof from the Bible that God approves of using blood in transfusions?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 00:482 edits
    Are you serious? Where is the proof from the Bible that God approves of using blood in transfusions?
    Where in the Holy Bible does it state God disapproves of using blood in transfusions to save a life? Surely you can't believe God would disaprove of saving a cat's life, can you?

Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely. And behold, there was a certain man before Him who had dropsy. And Jesus, answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”

But they kept silent. And He took him and healed him, and let him go. Then He answered them, saying, “Which of you, having a donkey or an ox that has fallen into a pit, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?” And they could not answer Him regarding these things.

(Luke 14:1-6 NKJV)

The Instructor
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 02:09
    Where in the Holy Bible does it state God disapproves of using blood in transfusions to save a life? Surely you can't believe God would disaprove of saving a cat's life, can you?

[b]Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely. And behold, there was a certain ...[text shortened]... ey could not answer Him regarding these things.

(Luke 14:1-6 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    I challened you to show where God would approve of a blood transfusion. You have failed completely...
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 08:541 edit
    I challened you to show where God would approve of a blood transfusion. You have failed completely...
    I challenged you to show where God would disapprove of a blood transfusion. You have failed completely...

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 19:44
    I challenged you to show where God would disapprove of a blood transfusion. You have failed completely...

The Instructor
    Your like a brick wall, really thick.

As usual when you can't answer you act like a 13 year old.

I don't have to prove anything to you because the Bible says to "abstain" from blood. It means exactly what it says by God himslef.
    It is you who can't prove it is ok to use it

If a doctor told you to abstain from drugs, alcohol, penicillin, poison, etc, etc, what does that mean? To not use it in anyway shape or form. Not even just a little.
    Easy for a 13 year old to understand except in your case.
  9. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 19:47
    Sorry to butt in Galveston75, (especially as I notice you stopped replying to my posts in your 'born again' thread' which made me wonder if you didn't like questions), but does your religion definitely forbid blood transfusions?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 20:02
    Originally posted by Velns
    Sorry to butt in Galveston75, (especially as I notice you stopped replying to my posts in your 'born again' thread' which made me wonder if you didn't like questions), but does your religion definitely forbid blood transfusions?
    Sorry but didn't ignor on purpose just been distracted.

And yes we do. Been losts of discussions here on that so if you happen to come accross any you can check them out.
    But to cleary explain in a short version as you will hear all the wrong reasons why we don't allow them from others here is simple. God has said in the Bible to abstain from blood which the obvious would be to eat it which would then be called a food product and possibly taken into your body to preserve life.
    In that same sense it could be used to be put into your body by transfusion to preserve your life.
    Both instances are to preserve life but God said cleary to abstain from it. No exceptions at all said by him then or no new exceptions ever said by him or any of his representatives such as his own son to change that command.
    The only use was for sacrifices and then we are not to do that anymore now as Jesus took that process away.

No one loves life and puts importance on it then we, the JW's do. No one wants anyone to die especially a family member.
    But we obey God and have the faith that we should have to believe he knows best and we do very much believe in the resurrection. We will see all that have died again in the future.
    It's a controversial issue for sure. But again if you say you worship God and have faith in his laws and guidance, you have to do it completely. One cannot pick and choose what they feel they agree with or not or maybe don't understand.
  11. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 20:091 edit
    Sorry but didn't ignor on purpose just been distracted.

And yes we do. Been losts of discussions here on that so if you happen to come accross any you can check them out.
    But to cleary explain in a short version as you will hear all the wrong reasons why we don't allow them from others here is simple. God has said in the Bible to abstain from blood One cannot pick and choose what they feel they agree with or not or maybe don't understand.
    Leaving aside blood transfusions, can I ask about "eating blood" as being abstaining from it. What are you allowed to eat and what not?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 00:27
    Originally posted by Velns
    Leaving aside blood transfusions, can I ask about "eating blood" as being abstaining from it. What are you allowed to eat and what not?
    Pretty much anything as long as there is no blood left in it. We know not every atom of blood can be taken out of meat, God does know that. But every normal effort has to be made to let all the blood out that is possible.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 01:20
    Your like a brick wall, really thick.

As usual when you can't answer you act like a 13 year old.

I don't have to prove anything to you because the Bible says to "abstain" from blood. It means exactly what it says by God himslef.
    It is you who can't prove it is ok to use it

If a doctor told you to abstain from drugs, alcohol, penicillin, pois ...[text shortened]... r form. Not even just a little.
    Easy for a 13 year old to understand except in your case.
    You must read in context. God was referring to the eating of animal flesh after the flood had wiped out a lot of plants and made a point of telling Noah not to eat the blood of the animals.

The Instructor
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 03:39
    You must read in context. God was referring to the eating of animal flesh after the flood had wiped out a lot of plants and made a point of telling Noah not to eat the blood of the animals.

The Instructor
    There is no other meaning then what it says. Abstain means nothing else but to keep clear of, no loop holes, no trickery, no excuses period with that command.

Again you are not giving God any credit at all of his wisdom. Even in the book of Acts it was still very clear this law from God still stood loud and clear.

Acts 15:29

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols and ((((( from blood))))) and from what is strangled and from unchastity. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

Notice if you can thru your stubborness that it also says you "will do well" which cannot ever be promissed when you inject another humans blood into your body.

I know you will never see this clear law from God and will always, always find any excuse to put your opinions first on many matters in the Bible including this isuue.
    I see no reason to futher discuss this with you as I've waisted more then enough time with you.

IF you can ever come up with just 1 scripture that you can prove God approves of using blood the way you say it should be according to your liking, I'ill look at it.

But we both know you'll never produce that scripture don't we?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 04:41
    There is no other meaning then what it says. Abstain means nothing else but to keep clear of, no loop holes, no trickery, no excuses period with that command.

Again you are not giving God any credit at all of his wisdom. Even in the book of Acts it was still very clear this law from God still stood loud and clear.

Acts 15:29

Revised Standard ...[text shortened]... king, I'ill look at it.

But we both know you'll never produce that scripture don't we?
    It is clear to me that it does not say abstain for blood transfusions or giving of blood to save lives. The watchtower Society is influenced by Satan to lead you away from the truth of Christ in every way they think possible. They probably tell you the Earth is billions of years old too.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree