1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Observed since apostolic times.

The Jerusalem council sent its decision to the Christian congregations to be observed. (Ac 16:4) About seven years after the Jerusalem council issued the decree, Christians continued to comply with the “decision that they should keep themselves from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood and what is strangle ...[text shortened]... om human blood that at our meals we avoid the blood of animals used for food.”—Octavius, XXX, 6.
    I think Christ said these verses specifically for the JWs :

Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

The JWs are without understanding if they think that what a man eats can defile him.

And Matthew records the incident :

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. (Mat 15:11-14)

Those who make a fuss about what a man eats are stupid religions and not what the God has planted and they will be rooted up. They are the blind leading the blind.

Be warned pal.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 01:26
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think Christ said these verses specifically for the JWs :

Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, [b]Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him
    ;

The JWs are without understanding if they think that what a man eats can defile him.

And Matthew record ...[text shortened]... has planted and they will be rooted up. They are the blind leading the blind.

Be warned pal.[/b]
    Then enjoy your blood pudding....
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 01:36
    Then enjoy your blood pudding....
    1 Cor 10:25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 02:18
    So if one does not agree with or understand the command on abstaining from blood, where does faith come into play here?
    Do what we think is right or show complete faith in God and not deside to go beyond his laws?
    "He who is faithful in little, will be faithful in much".
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 02:31
    So if one does not agree with or understand the command on abstaining from blood, where does faith come into play here?
    Do what we think is right or show complete faith in God and not deside to go beyond his laws?
    You dont understand that Christ said nothing you eat can defile you?
    What is hard about that? Christ is the new covenant and the old covenant and old law or Moses have been done away with. Paul also said to eat anything without asking questions. Is that hard to understand? Eating and food is a non-issue in the new law under Christ. Those who make it an issue are blind and will fall into a ditch according to Jesus Christ.
  6. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 04:341 edit
    So it is not only a health issue but even more important then that is what blood means to God. One has to acknowledge the huge amount of times blood is spoken about in the Bible and how important it is to God even to the point of asking for a "life for a life" if one spills anothers blood and the result is a death.

Also here is a little info on Jesus lds sacred and told us very clearly to not inject into our bodies?
    Serious stuff......
    Do you regard this as another topic (like the 144,000 people only in heaven) where there is no way you can be wrong?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 07:231 edit
    The point that Rajk999 is making with the Jesus quote is that a person's morality is not determined by what goes into the mouth. Morality is determined by what comes out of the mouth, like for example, telling the truth or telling a lie. Telling lies is what defiles and corrupts a person morally. Jesus was not trying to teach that a person should not wash their hands before eating or what defiles the physical body in this case, but was using this opportunity to teach a moral lesson.

So you are telling a lie when you state that God forbids the giving of blood today to save lives through blood transfusions. You are leading others astray when you keep repeating this lie and corrupting the meaning of scripture. This is what defiles a person morally.

But thanks to God, most people use their intelligence to see clearly that you are not telling the truth.

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 15:53
    You dont understand that Christ said nothing you eat can defile you?
    What is hard about that? Christ is the new covenant and the old covenant and old law or Moses have been done away with. Paul also said to eat anything without asking questions. Is that hard to understand? Eating and food is a non-issue in the new law under Christ. Those who make it an issue are blind and will fall into a ditch according to Jesus Christ.
    Why do you not understand and get it that he is not speaking of food? Nothing he says even slightly speaks of food and especially eating blood?
    But the I know better then to ask you, right?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 15:55
    Originally posted by Velns
    Do you regard this as another topic (like the 144,000 people only in heaven) where there is no way you can be wrong?
    Yep. The Bible says what it says. "Abstain" means what it means.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 16:38
    Why do you not understand and get it that he is not speaking of food? Nothing he says even slightly speaks of food and especially eating blood?
    But the I know better then to ask you, right?
    I don't think I need to accept your conclusions. It is wise to read what Christ said and let everyone come to their own conclusions.

So Christ was faced with a situation of Pharisees fussing about unwashen hands and rather than make a statement that applies only to the issue of washing hands Christ used the opportunity as he so often does to make a general statement about eating and food when he said clearly ..

NOTHING THAT GOES INTO A MAN CAN DEFILE HIM.

So if you know of other things that go into a man apart from food or water or germs or bacteria .. then you interpret as you wish.

Christ also used to opportunity to state what defiles people and these are the things that people need to be careful about .. what defiles a man .. focus on that. Don't waste your time talking about things that are of no consequence.
  11. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 17:221 edit
    Yep. The Bible says what it says. "Abstain" means what it means.
    OK fair enough that is 2 things where there is no way you are wrong. I guess you can believe what you choose, it is a free world after all. Or can you?

Can you believe what you choose to believe Galveston75? Can I ask, is there anything your church teaches that you disagree with?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 17:41
    Originally posted by Velns
    OK fair enough that is 2 things where there is no way you are wrong. I guess you can believe what you choose, it is a free world after all. Or can you?

Can you believe what you choose to believe Galveston75? Can I ask, is there anything your church teaches that you disagree with?
    Obsolutly nothing. And you know why? Because I have a mind of my own and I have a bible of my own, in fact many bibles as well as the use of the internet and library if I so choose.
    I think on my own and decide what I want to believe or not.
    If something is said to me by the WTS and I have a question or doubt about it, I do all the research needed to see if it is correct or not.
    I do not believe anything by anyone if it is not supported by the Bible and with not just one individual scripture.
    If one just goes off on one scripture and basis their whole belief on that one scripture, that is a mistake.
    So one HAS to "prove scripture with scripture" and then one has a clearer understanding.
    This is what I do as do most JW's.
    Most JW's have come out of other religions that did not teach what is in the Bible or can't be proven in the Bible. Most have gotten fed up with those untruthful teachings and were tired of being fooled into believing them.

So now we have a religion that only teaches what the bible teaches word for word and we all test those beliefs just as the Bible tells us too.

We are not stupid and do not take this lightly. If something is told to us by the elders and even futher up, it better be in the Bible with explinations, by law or principle.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 17:48
    I don't think I need to accept your conclusions. It is wise to read what Christ said and let everyone come to their own conclusions.

So Christ was faced with a situation of Pharisees fussing about unwashen hands and rather than make a statement that applies only to the issue of washing hands Christ used the opportunity as he so often does to make a genera ...[text shortened]... a man .. focus on that. Don't waste your time talking about things that are of no consequence.
    So it seems you have a delima with Jesus don't you in which you are expressing is that Jesus now says "nothing can defile a man that goes in thru his lips" but yet his Father clearly told humans not to eat blood did he not?
    I wonder how you deal with that?
    Anyway no problem here with me or any JW as we clearly know what Jesus was saying and what his Father has said.

You'd think that if Jesus were saying such a thing about blood, he would have simply said it. He knew his Fathers command on blood and no where did Jesus say it was now cancelled and it was ok to have at it in any form.
    Guess what? He never even slightly hinted anything even close to that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree