1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 23:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Blood transfusions are a way to save lives and is not forbidden by the apostle paul or by God. It is the Watchtower propaganda that has filled your minds with lies to indoctrinate you to do the devils work that make it difficult for you to be honest and accept the truth.

There is no law from God about blood transfusions, so there is no reason to cancel a ...[text shortened]... braham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”
    (John 8:56)

The Instructor[/b]
    Not going to get into the blood thing again with you as you have made your stand clear. The bible says to abstain from blood but you feel that does not include injecting it into your body.
    So going back to my question about Abraham and what God asked him to do and with your view that life must be saved at all cost, no matter what even though you approve of murder by your country on innocent victims that they may decide to kill with their weapons and you would also do if they told you too, what would you have done if you had been Abraham?
    Not done as he said or would you have done exactly as god said?

This is the point of being faithful to your god no matter what you feel, agree with or disagree with just as you have clearly said God's law to abstain from blood does not apply to us now nor does the law to not kill but yet you would in the name of your country.

Your idea of faith to God is very confusing and you seem to pick and choose what suits you. Right?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 01:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Not going to get into the blood thing again with you as you have made your stand clear. The bible says to abstain from blood but you feel that does not include injecting it into your body.
    So going back to my question about Abraham and what God asked him to do and with your view that life must be saved at all cost, no matter what even though you appro ...[text shortened]... r idea of faith to God is very confusing and you seem to pick and choose what suits you. Right?
    It would not do us any good to speculate on what I would have done if I were Abraham. I am not even sure what I would do if I were me. We just do what we do.

Like I said before, you have to understand what you are expected to do to be faithful. Perhaps God just means for you to not drink blood or eat raw flesh with the blood still in it. So maybe eating beef jerky is being faithful. However, the deeper meaning may be to worship and serve the true God only. You seem to be obeying and serving the Watchtower Society instead of God.

The Instructor
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 04:14
    It would not do us any good to speculate on what I would have done if I were Abraham. I am not even sure what I would do if I were me. We just do what we do.

Like I said before, you have to understand what you are expected to do to be faithful. Perhaps God just means for you to not drink blood or eat raw flesh with the blood still in it. So maybe eat ...[text shortened]... ly. You seem to be obeying and serving the Watchtower Society instead of God.

The Instructor
    The WTS says to abstain from blood because the Bible says to abstain from it. We did not write that scripture did we? No. God had it pinned for humans to read and follow. You choose not too. We choose to do "exactly" what he said to us.
    You deside not to follow it and make excuses as to why you don't. That is fine for you and you will answer to God for it.
    But you have absolutly no right on any level to judge us or anyone who desides to follow a command from God in the Bible that says exactly what it says.
    You have no right at all to change what God has said. You that can do that for yourself all you want but you can never do that to others no matter how deluted and washed down your opinion is on gods commands.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 07:38
    The WTS says to abstain from blood because the Bible says to abstain from it. We did not write that scripture did we? No. God had it pinned for humans to read and follow. You choose not too. We choose to do "exactly" what he said to us.
    You deside not to follow it and make excuses as to why you don't. That is fine for you and you will answer to God for ...[text shortened]... ver do that to others no matter how deluted and washed down your opinion is on gods commands.
    I abstain from drinking blood and eating flesh with the blood in it. I always have my steaks cooked well-done. I just don't abstain from giving blood to blood banks so they can have some blood available to save lives through blood transfusions.

To abstain from giving blood to save lifes is a Satanic teaching of the Watchtower Society and is not found in the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 15:29
    I abstain from drinking blood and eating flesh with the blood in it. I always have my steaks cooked well-done. I just don't abstain from giving blood to blood banks so they can have some blood available to save lives through blood transfusions.

To abstain from giving blood to save lifes is a Satanic teaching of the Watchtower Society and is not found in the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
    I understand you do not understand what "to abstain" means as well as what blood means to God. Until you do you will always respond with these superficial answers...
    This also shows the putting of yourself first and not understanding what "faith in your God and his wisdom in all matters" means.
    You say you do but you prove false to it's POWER!

Why I post this to you I really don't know as I know it goes right over the ole head.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 00:581 edit
    So staying on the thread how does one remain "faithful to God's Kingdom" that most Christians pray for?

REMAINING LOYAL AND NEUTRAL

Instead of participating in the politics of his day, Jesus focused on preaching about God’s Kingdom, the future heavenly government of which he was the prospective King. (Daniel 7:13, 14; Luke 4:43; 17:20, 21)
    Thus, when before Roman Governor Pontius Pilate, Jesus could say: “My kingdom is no part of this world.” (John 18:36) His faithful followers imitate his example by giving their loyalty to Christ and his Kingdom and by announcing that Kingdom to the world. (Matthew 24:14) “We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ,” wrote the apostle Paul. “As substitutes for Christ we beg: ‘Become reconciled to God.’”*—2 Corinthians 5:20.

Because ambassadors represent a foreign sovereign or state, they do not interfere in the internal affairs of the countries where they serve; they remain neutral. Ambassadors do, however, advocate the government of the country they represent. The same is true of Christ’s anointed followers, whose “citizenship exists in the heavens.” (Philippians 3:20) In fact, thanks to their zealous Kingdom preaching, they have helped millions of Christ’s “other sheep” to “become reconciled to God.” p. 52(John 10:16; Matthew 25:31-40) These latter ones serve as Christ’s envoys, as it were, in support of Jesus’ anointed brothers. As one united flock advocating the Messianic Kingdom, both groups maintain strict neutrality toward the world’s political affairs.—Isaiah 2:2-4.

Loyalty to Christ is not the only reason that true Christians are neutral. Unlike ancient Israel, which had a God-given land allocation, we are part of an international brotherhood. (Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 2:9) Thus, if we were to rally to the side of local political parties, both our freeness of speech in regard to the Kingdom message and our Christian unity would be severely compromised. (1 Corinthians 1:10)
    Furthermore, during war time, we would be fighting against fellow believers, whom we are commanded to love. (John 13:34, 35; 1 John 3:10-12) With good reason, then, Jesus told his disciples to lay down the sword. And he even told them to love their enemies.—Matthew 5:44; 26:52

As true Christians, we have dedicated our life to God, not to any human, human institution, or nation. Says 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20: “You do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price.” Thus, while rendering “Caesar” his due in the form of honor, taxes, and relative subjection, Jesus’ followers give “God’s things to God.” (Mark 12:17; Romans 13:1-7) This includes their worship, their whole-souled love, and their loyal obedience. If necessary, they are ready to give up their life for God.—Luke 4:8; 10:27; Acts 5:29; Romans 14:8.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 13:44
    So staying on the thread how does one remain "faithful to God's Kingdom" that most Christians pray for?

REMAINING LOYAL AND NEUTRAL

Instead of participating in the politics of his day, Jesus focused on preaching about God’s Kingdom, the future heavenly government of which he was the prospective King. (Daniel 7:13, 14; ...[text shortened]... ssary, they are ready to give up their life for God.—Luke 4:8; 10:27; Acts 5:29; Romans 14:8.
    I actually agree with you in principle.....put ye first the Kingdom of God and all of these other things will be added.........

Manny
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 17:291 edit

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 17:301 edit
    I understand you do not understand what "to abstain" means as well as what blood means to God. Until you do you will always respond with these superficial answers...
    This also shows the putting of yourself first and not understanding what "faith in your God and his wisdom in all matters" means.
    You say you do but you prove false to it's POWER!

Why I post this to you I really don't know as I know it goes right over the ole head.
    Do JWs agree that people can kill animals to eat as long as they abstain from the blood? Wasn't that the command of God given by Moses that Paul was repeating? I see no intent in that command to prevent saving people's lives like the extreme interpretation of the Watchtower does.

The Instructor
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 21:58
    Do JWs agree that people can kill animals to eat as long as they abstain from the blood? Wasn't that the command of God given by Moses that Paul was repeating? I see no intent in that command to prevent saving people's lives like the extreme interpretation of the Watchtower does.

The Instructor
    Of course we can and of course you don't understand. What's new?

I've asked you this many times and with no responce that I've seen.

Do you not think God in all his wisdom would have with his command to "abstain" from blood even the slightist possibility of a hint that it could someday in the future be used for something that he would approve of such as a transfusion?
    Do you not think that he would have the wisdom to know that if man someday invented a way to take blood from a human and out it into another to save lifes that he would have thought of that?

Do you really not think he knew we would eventually learn and experiment and one day come up with something like a transfusion?

Now I'm trying to work with you on this and trying to even for the tiniest moment to think that God would approve of this use for blood because, why? Because it would possibly save humans from dying from some serious issue.

But no. Not one hint in the slightist degree did he leave any window open for it to ever be used for ANYTHING.

And why is that?

Now you work with me and tell me why he has never once said it then or up to today in writing as he did with the Bible that we can use blood for anything?

You prove to me why it is ok to use his blood, yes his blood that he owns and said in the Bible he ask back when one dies or if one takes another life.
    Prove to me it is ok to use the blood of one human to put into another humans body from the Bible and that God does in fact approve it.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 22:081 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I actually agree with you in principle.....put ye first the Kingdom of God and all of these other things will be added.........

Manny
    There ya go. A good wise and spiritual answer. The whole reason that man is in the condition that we are in with all the problems this world has is very simple. We have not put God first, listened to him, and have not put faith in him.
    If Adam had simply put faith in God and not slipped up to follow his wife, we would have never had the life humans have suffered with from then till now.

This is one of the big issues that RJ can't grasp with his devotion to his country. If he could understand and get it into his heart, he just might get it all straight.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 23:081 edit
    Of course we can and of course you don't understand. What's new?

I've asked you this many times and with no responce that I've seen.

Do you not think God in all his wisdom would have with his command to "abstain" from blood even the slightist possibility of a hint that it could someday in the future be used for something that he would approve of s uman to put into another humans body from the Bible and that God does in fact approve it.
    There is a big hint all through the Holy Bible that blood would have uses to save lives. The shredding of blood to cover the sins of the people hinted at using blood to save lives in the Old Testament because the life is in the blood. Jesus giving His blood to save His people in the New testament hinted that blood could be used to save lives. The very fact that God did not want us to consume the blood hinted at some other greater importance that the blood might have since it it stated that the life is in the blood even though we were allowed to kill animals to eat.

The Instructor
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 23:37
    There is a big hint all through the Holy Bible that blood would have uses to save lives. The shredding of blood to cover the sins of the people hinted at using blood to save lives in the Old Testament because the life is in the blood. Jesus giving His blood to save His people in the New testament hinted that blood could be used to save lives. The very fac ...[text shortened]... t the life is in the blood even though we were allowed to kill animals to eat.

The Instructor
    Totally missing the point. You know what I asked and you have not produced an answer anything close to it.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 23:391 edit
    There ya go. A good wise and spiritual answer. The whole reason that man is in the condition that we are in with all the problems this world has is very simple. We have not put God first, listened to him, and have not put faith in him.
    If Adam had simply put faith in God and not slipped up to follow his wife, we would have never had the life humans hav s country. If he could understand and get it into his heart, he just might get it all straight.
    I do not put my country before God. God does not forbid war to defend the God given rights and freedoms of His people. In the Old Testament God sent his people into war as the example below shows.

When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army. He shall say: “Hear, Israel: Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not panic or be terrified by them. For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”

(Deutoronomy 20:1-4 NIV)

But you might object and ask, "Should Christians go to war?"

http://carm.org/should-christian-go-war

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '13 23:52
    Totally missing the point. You know what I asked and you have not produced an answer anything close to it.
    The point you made concerning the blood was the question: Did God give "even the slightist possibility of a hint that it could someday in the future be used for something that he would approve of?" The words in quotes are from your post. If that was not the point why would you ask?

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree