1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Aug '13 13:17
    Just curious about how all here view being faithful to God in especially trying situations. I'll be gone until Sunday evening so lets hear your thoughts...

Luke 16:10

New Living Translation (NLT)

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.
  2. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 08:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just curious about how all here view being faithful to God in especially trying situations. I'll be gone until Sunday evening so lets hear your thoughts...

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.
    I would start by quoting the bible correctly. But nevertheless I also feel the premise here is wrong, surely people who believe is a god are inclined to lean on it more trying situations, not less.
  3. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 09:211 edit
    Error
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 12:281 edit

If a man has the tiniest amount of faith in God nothing is impossible for that man to do:

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them .. for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

If any claim to be faithful or to live by their faith and they cannot move a mountain then their faith is nothing.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 12:55

I think being faithful directly reflects on the individuals love for God and Jesus.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 16:045 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If a man has the tiniest amount of faith in God nothing is impossible for that man to do:

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them .. for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

If any claim to be faithful or to live by their faith and they cannot move a mountain then their faith is nothing.
    Be interested to hear from the Instructor here.

After all, he says he has faith.

And he insists that everything in the Bible, including parables, is absolutely strictly literally true. Else God is a liar.

Yet RJ can't tell a mountain to move.

So he has no faith. Or God is a liar.

Which is it, Ron?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 18:051 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Be interested to hear from the Instructor here.

After all, he says he has faith.

And he insists that everything in the Bible, including parables, is absolutely strictly literally true. Else God is a liar.

Yet RJ can't tell a mountain to move.

So he has no faith. Or God is a liar.

Which is it, Ron?
    Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Etc., etc.

(Hebrews 11:1-3 NIKJV)

God gives us free will to believe and have faith in whatever we choose. However, God also informs us in whom we should believe and have faith.

You can't be serious to expect a person to tell a mountain to move or a tree to uproot itself and it will happen just like that. Even a mustard seed does not become a big tree quickly, but we believe and have faith that under the right circumstances it eventally will happen.

Certainly I believe Jesus spoke in figurative language, like the camel going through the eye of a needle or eating His body and drinking His blood, which He did not mean literally. But why should that mean that all His parables must NOT be taken as literally true?

It is ridiculous to think Jesus was telling His disciple to go around telling mountains to move into the sea on trees to uproot themselves. If it is against God's will it isn't going to work.

The Instructor
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 19:36
    The OP was not about having faith, but about being faithful.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 21:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The OP was not about having faith, but about being faithful.
    Can you splain the difference to me like I was a 5 yr old? Thanks.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 22:094 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Etc., etc.

(Hebrews 11:1-3 NIKJV)

God gives us free will to believ to uproot themselves. If it is against God's will it isn't going to work.

The Instructor[/b]
    Nothing makes sense in that post. Sounds like mumbo-jumbo.

God gives us free will to believe and have faith in whatever we choose. However, God also informs us in whom we should believe and have faith. IRRELEVANT

You can't be serious to expect a person to tell a mountain to move or a tree to uproot itself and it will happen just like that. Even a mustard seed does not become a big tree quickly, but we believe and have faith that under the right circumstances it eventally will happen. First you say you cant be serious to expect that it will happen but then it will eventually happen ??

In case you missed the point its not about moving mountains. Its about your faith giving you the ability to do what the unfaithful cannot do. If your claim is that you are faithful then what it is that your faith gives you the ability to do along the lines of what Christ himself said.

But .. unfortunately I dont expect a sane answer from you, so I will give you the answer from what Paul said. First you repeatedly say that the you live by faith and you dont need to do good works and you are saved eternally ie you cannot lose your salvation.

Here is what the Bible says:

For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. (Heb 10:36-39)

Note the following carefully:
    1. The just lives by faith. THE JUST .. not just anyone. [you said that you are a habitual sinner]
    2. To drawback is to revert to a sinful lifestyle and the passage clearly says that God has no pleasure in those who drawback.
    3. Those who drawback enter into perdition .. thats the opposite of salvation. Clearly then to drawback means that you LOSE YOUR SALVATION. All this about you cannot be unborn or you cannot lose your sonship etc is nonsense.
    4. Those who DO GODS WILL will be saved. You dont get saved automatically and immediately and permanently.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '13 22:29
    Can you splain the difference to me like I was a 5 yr old? Thanks.
    Sorry, it was for RJ
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 00:00
    Being faithful to? To the Watchtower Organization? or to God ? 🙂

Manny
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 00:201 edit
    Nothing makes sense in that post. Sounds like mumbo-jumbo.

God gives us free will to believe and have faith in whatever we choose. However, God also informs us in whom we should believe and have faith. [b] IRRELEVANT

[i]You can't be serious to expect a person to tell a mountain to move or a tree to uproot itself and it will happen just l ...[text shortened]... o DO GODS WILL will be saved. You dont get saved automatically and immediately and permanently.[/b]
    Where did I say I was a habitual sinner? Just because one sometimes sins does not mean he is an hibitual sinner.

Where did I say I drawback from my belief in God? You seem to be only talking nonsense.

Let's see what Jesus said GOD'S WILL is:

Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent... And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day... Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."

(John 6:28-29, 40, 47 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 00:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Where did I say I was a habitual sinner? Just because one sometimes sins does not mean he is an hibitual sinner.

Where did I say I drawback from my belief in God? You seem to be only talking nonsense.

Let's see what Jesus said GOD'S WILL is:

[b]Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and sai ...[text shortened]... NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    I think you already said several times that your 'belief' is by your mouth.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 01:11
    I think you already said several times that your 'belief' is by your mouth.
    The following is what the apostle Paul wrote to the Christians at Rome:

Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, ... that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

(Romans 10:1-6, 9-10 NKJV)

The instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree