1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '11 15:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Do i believe there is a God? Answer - No.

Do i 'know' there isn't a God? Answer - No.

Am i telling the truth with regard to the above statements? Answer - Yes.

I can put it any clearer than that for you.
    "And for this reason God will send upon them a deluding
    influence so that they might believe what is false, in order
    that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth,
    but took pleasure in wickedness." (2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 NASB)
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    23 May '11 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually you are. You are implying that a why does exist.
    I claim that there is no why - and that is the only reason why science cannot answer the question.

[b]I say,once again, that Science,although a very powerful tool,has its limitations and is a success within the bounds of these limitations or confines.

And I say there are no such boundaries ...[text shortened]... ith such issues,Faith is required.[/b]
    Faith does not 'deal with such issues' it avoids them.[/b]
    I was quite clear in saying that science does a great job in describing" how" but fails in explaining" why".
    I do not have to mince my words or imply anything. I speak straight and no nuanced points or coy hints from me. Why hide one's point in a dialogue between friends ?
    I have always been thinking that the set of scientific laws that are seen to govern the behaviour of objects seem just a circular way of explanations backed by a set of axioms. The best example is Gravitational Force. I do not know of any clear description of exactly what causes the gravitational attraction between two bodies. The laws of Gravitation work every time but the point remains that the "why" of this force is not explained.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree