1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think he's "condescending towards other religious people", then you go for it. Don't come to me for reassurance or support or analysis.
    Don't flatter yourself. What makes you think that I would ever even consider coming to you for reassurance, support or analysis?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:152 edits
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Don't flatter yourself. What makes you think that I would ever even consider coming to you for reassurance, support or analysis?
    You were asking me why divegeester was [INSERT YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ABOUT HIM HERE]. If you weren't looking for either [1] my reassurance, [2] my support or [3] my analysis about your personal opinion about him, then why on earth were you asking me about it?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:16
    Yes agreed if he is just taking the piss then he fittingly deserves a spot on your lap.
    My lap?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    My lap?
    It's a play on words with the literal meaning of 'lapdog'.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    You were asking me why divegeester was [INSERT YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ABOUT HIM HERE]. If you weren't looking for either [1] my reassurance, [2] my support or [3] my analysis about your personal opinion about him, then why on earth were you asking me about it?
    Most questions I ask you turn out to be 'rhetorical' since you have a tendency to dodge them. 😉
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:39
    It's a play on words with the literal meaning of 'lapdog'.
    So you're making the "lapdog" gag here again?
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 15:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you're making the "lapdog" gag here again?
    Since it's your lapdog you might as well go ahead and gag it. 😉
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:01
    Since it's your lapdog you might as well go ahead and gag it. 😉
    No it's fine by me if you want to use the same borrowed joke over and over again. There are a few others posters who do it too.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:062 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No it's fine by me if you want to use the same borrowed joke over and over again. There are a few others posters who do it too.
    I'm sure you groom him well, but I really think the blue cooling coat would suit him.
    http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/dog/dog-coats-and-clothing
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:101 edit
    If the Geester is religious, then the million dollar questions are why is he so condescending towards other religious people? And why can't he stand up for his own beliefs? And why did he call himself your lapdog?
    If I am religious and you are religious, does that scenario preclude either one or both of us being dickheads? And if your answer is affirmative, then you can rest assured that I am quite convinced that you are, in fact, a dickhead.

Peace and all that...
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If I am religious and you are religious, does that scenario preclude either one or both of us being dickheads? And if your answer is affirmative, then you can rest assured that I am quite convinced that you are, in fact, a dickhead.

Peace and all that...
    FMF has groomed you well, he must be proud. Yet again.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:18
    Originally posted by apathist
    Originally posted by DeepThought... [b]We produce an instant instinctive response, in so far as free will is involved it can only involve training our instincts in advance.
    Sometimes that's the case, yes.

Essentially what you've argued is that we choose what we find plausible,
    Sometimes that's the case, yes. We all do this, by deciding what sort of justification to accept.[/b]
    I'm not convinced by this notion of 'deciding what sort of justification to accept'. Any such choice is severely constrained. People are more or less coherent entities, we do not accept one level of justification on one occasion and then drastically change our evidential requirements on another, similar, occasion. The justifications any particular person will accept cannot be inconsistent with their world view. To change that one needs a justification consistent with one's current world view to accept some type of evidence or argument, so there are constraints on what one can talk oneself into believing.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:26
    Groomed?
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Groomed?
    A lapdog is 'groomed', no?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '16 16:54
    Now you just sound like one of the crowd.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree