1. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 01:05
    The other day in class, we were talking about sex as part of our Government and Civil Economics class. The topic was different beliefs and how none of them are right or wrong. The guy sitting next to me raised his hand, and said, "Well, even if you're having sex within marriage, it's still a sin, because you're having impure thoughts while doing it." He went on to explain that the woman or man experiencing any unnecessary pleasure from sex is also a sin, accidental or not.

I was wondering if anybody shared these beliefs or could explain the logic behind him (like what you're supposed to think about).
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 01:58
    is he gay?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 02:00
    Originally posted by Remora91
    The other day in class, we were talking about sex as part of our Government and Civil Economics class. The topic was different beliefs and how none of them are right or wrong. The guy sitting next to me raised his hand, and said, "Well, even if you're having sex within marriage, it's still a sin, because you're having impure thoughts while doing it." He wen ...[text shortened]... beliefs or could explain the logic behind him (like what you're supposed to think about).
    Sex is dirty, dirty, dirty business.............or at least if its done right. 😛
  4. CA, USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 02:12
    The other day in class, we were talking about sex as part of our Government and Civil Economics class. The topic was different beliefs and how none of them are right or wrong. The guy sitting next to me raised his hand, and said, "Well, even if you're having sex within marriage, it's still a sin, because you're having impure thoughts while doing it." He wen ...[text shortened]... beliefs or could explain the logic behind him (like what you're supposed to think about).
    Here's the key part of your question IMO .. " The topic was different beliefs and how none of them are right or wrong."

Your teacher is a moral relativist .. look it up.

The "belief" that we should all butcher our children and eat them is actually, dare I say, wrong.

It's a hard position to find in any American school system, but still, many Americans still believe in right/wrong, good/evil.
    So, if you believe your "teacher" go ahead and blow the guy in the cloakroom .. you'll get a A for sure.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by jammer
    Here's the key part of your question IMO .. " The topic was different beliefs and how none of them are right or wrong."

Your teacher is a moral relativist .. look it up.
    Properly speaking, that is not what moral relativism holds.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 03:21
    whoever said that is stupid
  7. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 06:271 edit
    If it is a government class, you should bring up Lawrence v. Texas, a supreme court case which implies laws should not be based purely on popular morality. It struck down a bunch of anti-sodomy laws, sex for fun is a constitutionally protected right.

Have all the sinful thoughts you want, as long as it is between consenting adults, you're probably covered from a legal standpoint.
  8. the highway to hell
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 09:211 edit
    basically its sinful, dirty, nasty, unclean etc etc, if you must do it, you better be married and recite the lords prayer while youre at it. of course. personally, i find if you do it right you arent actually thinking about anything, just living a little
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 09:23
    Originally posted by eamon o
    basically its sinful, dirty, nasty, unclean etc etc, if you must do it, you better be married and recite the lords prayer while youre at it. of course. personally, i find if you do it right you arent actually thinking about anything, just living a little
    when did sex become sinful? that's a stupid rule, never heard that one before
  10. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 11:59
    Actually I have heard this but I don't remember if it's when I was a Southern Baptist (a brief interlude) or someone Catholic's old-fashioned ideas from the "sex is evil" era. I know that many people who are the generation of my aunt and uncle (born in the early 30s) were raised to believe that it was only for procreation and if you could no longer procreate for any reason your sex life should end at that point. ("Just lie back and think of England..." :-P) We never talked about sex in goverment class.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:12
    Well if you are married and you have sexual thoughts of you wife at work or having sex with her or in the car or at the movies or where you have sexual thoughts of your wife that is not sin. But having thoughts of ither women sexually that is sin and that you would want to confess to stay if fellowship with God and Jesus so that God will bless you.

The Bible does talk about satisfying you your wife or husbands needs. So if you are a guy not in the mood for sex and you wife is go ahead and do it and that go for if you are a woman as well. But the Bible does talk about as a Christian family not to have sex all the time because you need time to pray.
  12. Gangster Land
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 15:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well if you are married and you have sexual thoughts of you wife at work or having sex with her or in the car or at the movies or where you have sexual thoughts of your wife that is not sin. But having thoughts of ither women sexually that is sin and that you would want to confess to stay if fellowship with God and Jesus so that God will bless you.

The Bib ...[text shortened]... oes talk about as a Christian family not to have sex all the time because you need time to pray.
    What is an acceptable intercourse to prayer ratio? For instance, if I were to have sex with my wife for, say, three hours...how long should I pray afterwards?
  13. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:03
    Is there anything in life which isn´t viewed as sin?
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:04
    Well if you are married and you have sexual thoughts of you wife at work or having sex with her or in the car or at the movies or where you have sexual thoughts of your wife that is not sin.
    It's like reading James Joyce.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 16:12
    But the Bible does talk about as a Christian family not to have sex all the time because you need time to pray.
    Don't forget that one also needs time to brush his teeth, so sex all the time is a no-no to all that care about personal hygiene.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree