1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    29 Aug '08 20:29
    For those of you who believe in angels, I have a question:
    Are there a fixed number or do they get promoted from doing good deeds on earth or something? Do they have gender? If so do they reproduce on their own? Have families and such?
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    8818
    30 Aug '08 05:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    For those of you who believe in angels, I have a question:
    Are there a fixed number or do they get promoted from doing good deeds on earth or something? Do they have gender? If so do they reproduce on their own? Have families and such?
    1.a.Yes. 1.b No. 2. No.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    30 Aug '08 09:03
    When I was a small kid, I believed in Santa Clus, Boogey man, Toth Ferrie, and (yes) angels.
    Now I'm grown up and don't believe in these creatures anymore.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    443
    30 Aug '08 09:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    For those of you who believe in angels, I have a question:
    Are there a fixed number or do they get promoted from doing good deeds on earth or something? Do they have gender? If so do they reproduce on their own? Have families and such?
    Don't believe in them. I think they are a mythical , symbolic way of talking about God.
  5. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    30 Aug '08 10:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    For those of you who believe in angels, I have a question:
    Are there a fixed number or do they get promoted from doing good deeds on earth or something? Do they have gender? If so do they reproduce on their own? Have families and such?
    as for my understanding there is a fixed number, they do the work of god not themselves so all they do is good, not sure on gender as my understanding is the 7 who minister to god have male names the others are mans discription of female figures, no the live forever so no need to reproduce and the whole of gods world is a family of love for each other.
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Aug '08 12:01
    Originally posted by stoker
    as for my understanding there is a fixed number, they do the work of god not themselves so all they do is good, not sure on gender as my understanding is the 7 who minister to god have male names the others are mans discription of female figures, no the live forever so no need to reproduce and the whole of gods world is a family of love for each other.
    You have a funny way of writing so its difficult to understand what you write sometimes.

    Are you saying that there are female angels in the Bible?
    I cant remember seeing any. I thought all references to angels were masculine.
  7. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Aug '08 12:05
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Don't believe in them. I think they are a mythical , symbolic way of talking about God.
    One of the most consistent thing about the Bible (I presume you believe in the Bible) is its references to angels from beginning to end. They are simply messengers of God who have appeared to many. Why would you say its mythical ?
  8. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    30 Aug '08 12:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You have a funny way of writing so its difficult to understand what you write sometimes.

    Are you saying that there are female angels in the Bible?
    I cant remember seeing any. I thought all references to angels were masculine.
    as for the way i write i can only say sorry its not clear as you need
    as for saying female angels that is not what i wrote, i wrote there are 7 angels who minister to god they have male names. Other angels are mans terms people who say they have seen them discribe a female in appearance. go back to my earlier post and that is what i ment.
  9. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Aug '08 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    as for the way i write i can only say sorry its not clear as you need
    as for saying female angels that is not what i wrote, i wrote there are 7 angels who minister to god they have male names. Other angels are mans terms people who say they have seen them discribe a female in appearance. go back to my earlier post and that is what i ment.
    Ok. So you actually know (or heard of) people who have seen angels, and have described them as female?

    If someone came to me a said they saw an angel and described a female, that would be less believable as there are no references to angels in the Bible wi a female appearance. There are many references to angels that look like males.
  10. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    30 Aug '08 13:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Ok. So you actually know (or heard of) people who have seen angels, and have described them as female?

    If someone came to me a said they saw an angel and described a female, that would be less believable as there are no references to angels in the Bible wi a female appearance. There are many references to angels that look like males.
    yes someone i know refered to a angel that gave a female impretion.
    yes there are no references to female angels in the bible..
    mary queen of heaven is and appears to the chosen with messages, so its not beyond belief.
    your choice is to belive or not if someone says they saw a angel male or female but if they go on to be better people then belive in what you see happen.
  11. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Aug '08 14:06
    Originally posted by stoker
    yes someone i know refered to a angel that gave a female impretion.
    yes there are no references to female angels in the bible..
    mary queen of heaven is and appears to the chosen with messages, so its not beyond belief.
    your choice is to belive or not if someone says they saw a angel male or female but if they go on to be better people then belive in what you see happen.
    Who is this " .. mary queen of heaven .."
    Is the person in the Bible or someone more recent ?
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    30 Aug '08 17:09
    does anyboyd belive that you die, go to heaven, and become an angel? because that belief seems popular even though i dont see that in the bible but i think that people make the assumption that going to heaven means you will be an angel
  13. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    8818
    30 Aug '08 20:43
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    does anyboyd belive that you die, go to heaven, and become an angel? because that belief seems popular even though i dont see that in the bible but i think that people make the assumption that going to heaven means you will be an angel
    I only see that in cartoons. I do not know of anybody that believes that.
  14. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    31 Aug '08 14:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Who is this " .. mary queen of heaven .."
    Is the person in the Bible or someone more recent ?
    sorry for taking so long to reply only get online at certain tlmes...
    Mary mother of jesus she is in bible, several women mentione3d in bible sarah, for one
  15. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    31 Aug '08 14:05
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    does anyboyd belive that you die, go to heaven, and become an angel? because that belief seems popular even though i dont see that in the bible but i think that people make the assumption that going to heaven means you will be an angel
    no you wont be a angel, tho if you are talking a system yes the saints and prophets will be given there reward. but as jesus said about john none born of man and women was greater but he will be below the angels in his kingdom.
Back to Top