1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Where did I say that?
    But one needs to remember the scriptures at Genesis that say's God created then according to their kinds. There can be variances within their kinds but still they do not change from one spieces to another.

Page 2 of this thread.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:091 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If we lived at the same time as sabre tooth-tigers, and they are now extinct and we aren't, then i think it's safe to say we were good at dodging sabre-tooth tigers. I don't quite see what your point is here.
    yes quite, we apparently became so good at dodging them that it led to some of our greatest achievements, in science, medicine, technology, music and the arts and every other discipline which distinguishes us from our animal friends. 😛
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes quite, we apparently became so good at dodging them that it led to some of our greatest achievements, in science, medicine, technology, music and the arts and every other discipline which distinguishes us from our animal friends. 😛
    I still don't see what your point is.

Let me ask you then kind sir, what do you believe.

How old is the Earth?

How old is the Universe?

How long has mankind been on the planet?
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you deny evolution, the best achivement of god, then you deny god altogether.

Proof? Proof??? Give me a good proof of god, and I give you a a good titel of a book that explains the basics of evolution to you.

Is this religion? Then a proof is not neccesary. If you need one, then it's not religion anymore.
    I deny evolution, It's not the best achievement of God, because, God doesn't have anything to do with it it's a man made false theory.

http://resources.metapress.com/pdf-preview.axd?code=p8lx264rtv736233&size=smaller
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:231 edit

How old is the Earth?

How old is the Universe?

i do not know Noobster, but they are old. We have no conflict with the earth and the universe being old, for we hold that 'a day', can refer to an unspecified duration of time. Thus when we here of the statement, 'back in my day', this of course does not refer to any specific twenty four hour period, but to the duration of an unspecified amount of time. Clearly the universe and the earth are hundreds of thousands, perhaps hundreds of millions of years old. I do not know the contemporary estimate from he top of my head.

As for humans, I find it very telling that our recorded history goes back a mere five or six thousand years.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:25
    i do not know Noobster, but they are old. We have no conflict with the earth and the universe being old, for we hold that 'a day', can refer to an unspecified duration of time. Thus when we here of the statement, 'back in my day', this of course does not refer to any specific twenty four hour period, but to the duration of an unspecified amount of t ...[text shortened]... find it very telling that our recorded history goes back a mere five or six thousand years.
    About 6 thousand
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    About 6 thousand
    whats six thousand years old Daniel?
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:27
    whats six thousand years old Daniel?
    The Earth.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:29
    Originally posted by daniel58
    The Earth.
    Ummm, i dont think so, for carbon dating and other techniques have given a fairly older view, have they not?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:29

How old is the Earth?

How old is the Universe?

No idea on the first 2 questions. The Bible says it was a day but we don't know Gods time periods. A day with God is at least 1000 years according to 2Pet 3:8. But in reality God is very far beyond our power and our understanding of how he created anything. Who are any of us to say what God can and can't do? Can you???? Mans attempts to measure how old something is can be affected by to many things to ever be accurate.
    But according to Bible history, which cannot be disproved, is Adam was created in 4026 BCE.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:36
    No idea on the first 2 questions. The Bible says it was a day but we don't know Gods time periods. A day with God is at least 1000 years according to 2Pet 3:8. But in reality God is very far beyond our power and our understanding of how he created anything. Who are any of us to say what God can and can't do? Can you???? Mans attempts to measure how old s ...[text shortened]...
    But according to Bible history, which cannot be disproved, is Adam was created in 4026 BCE.
    Which would make it the year 6035
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:391 edit
    No idea on the first 2 questions. The Bible says it was a day but we don't know Gods time periods. A day with God is at least 1000 years according to 2Pet 3:8. But in reality God is very far beyond our power and our understanding of how he created anything. Who are any of us to say what God can and can't do? Can you???? Mans attempts to measure how old s ...[text shortened]...
    A quick question before i walk my dogs.

How do you explain cave paintings which have been dated to 30,000yrs ago?

You still haven't answered my question about Archaeopteryx?
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:42

People obviously don't know how to calculate, as there are so many conflicting than we have to start from somewhere and where else except God's Word which can never be wrong?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:46

You still haven't answered my question about Archaeopteryx?
    Sorry but what is the question?
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:52
    Sorry but what is the question?
    Two questions -

1. If mankind was created only a mere 6,000yrs ago how are there 30,000yr old cave paintings found around the Earth.

2. You said in an earlier post

But one needs to remember the scriptures at Genesis that say's God created then according to their kinds. There can be variances within their kinds but still they do not change from one spieces to another.

Archaeopteryx is clearly a half dinosaur half bird animal, which shows your statement above to be incorrect. How do you reconcile that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree