1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there was a post in the science forum, not too long ago, in which sonhouse (an evolutionist) posted material which showed that birds and dinosaurs did not share the same common ancestry, did he not?
    Show us a link to that thread.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 16:30
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    This whole argument reminds me of a quote of Steinitz when someone told him they didn't understand a game he played: "Of course not, have you ever seen a monkey playing with a watch?" If you really want to understand biology you have to be (drumroll please!) a biologist! But the original poster (and all the sacred text posters) don't want to be a biologi ...[text shortened]... ) educate the children so we can have a human future instead of a bunch of grunting apes.
    Well of course I'm not a biologist. But does that mean I have to be one to understand the basics of biology? And why do you assume I personally haven't read any material on evolution? I can't assume you've read the whole Bible just because you may be a biologist, correct?
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 17:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well of course I'm not a biologist. But does that mean I have to be one to understand the basics of biology? And why do you assume I personally haven't read any material on evolution? I can't assume you've read the whole Bible just because you may be a biologist, correct?
    The point is (as Steinitz clearly meant) you are not qualified to have an opinion - so why waste your pretty little head worrying about it? Would you kill for it? There are some things I would go to war for but evolution or creationism are not that important. I am happy to leave conclusions to professional scientists who have devoted a great portion of their lives to those issues. I can believe the universe is enclosed in a small dust particle in the eye of the great fish Bahamut without for a moment injecting myself into the real disputes going on now in modern physics about the nature of the underlying material of the universe. Certainly I can read about string theory or branes but to insist that my thumbnail thoughts are worth anyone else listening to is almost certifiable. With your opinions and $2.50 I might be able to get a cup of coffee (and the coffee would certainly be more useful to both of us.)
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 18:58
    The point is (as Steinitz clearly meant) you are not qualified to have an opinion - so why waste your pretty little head worrying about it? Would you kill for it? There are some things I would go to war for but evolution or creationism are not that important. I am happy to leave conclusions to professional scientists who have devoted a great portion of t ...[text shortened]... ht be able to get a cup of coffee (and the coffee would certainly be more useful to both of us.)
    When the "Professionals" with all their infinite wisdom prove the Bible wrong and themselves right then I'll stand up and take notice. But I'll stick with this scripture.....Ps 24: 1-3 & 74:3-18 104:1-29, & 135: 6,7, 139: 13-16, & 144:3-8, & all of chapter 148.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 19:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Why complicate things? Very unneccesary.

God created evolution, and he did it well too.
    Yep.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 19:20
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Yep.
    Where is the proof of that man made thought?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 19:58
    Where is the proof of that man made thought?
    If you deny evolution, the best achivement of god, then you deny god altogether.

Proof? Proof??? Give me a good proof of god, and I give you a a good titel of a book that explains the basics of evolution to you.

Is this religion? Then a proof is not neccesary. If you need one, then it's not religion anymore.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 21:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you deny evolution, the best achivement of god, then you deny god altogether.

Proof? Proof??? Give me a good proof of god, and I give you a a good titel of a book that explains the basics of evolution to you.

Is this religion? Then a proof is not neccesary. If you need one, then it's not religion anymore.
    I deny nothing about God. It is not I that is confused as to the creation of all things, including the existance of yourself. You may have come from pond scum but not me...
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 21:21
    I deny nothing about God. It is not I that is confused as to the creation of all things, including the existance of yourself. You may have come from pond scum but not me...
    Except bad things, everybody came from their parents and God.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 23:39
    Well what should a theist/creationist do when confronted with something that appears to contradict the bible? I think there are on both sides of the issue a sort of religion unto its self. The religion of creationists and the Religion of Evolutionists. 😉 I admit personally I don't have all the answers. The bible does not go into exact detail for sure. Creation is just assumed by the theist and vise versa. We have young earth & old earth creationist. I used to be an old earth but some events that are said to have happened over eons may have happened quite fast. Another issue creationist have specially young earth how do you explain stars? Some so many light years out that there in the millions of light years away. I heard some say that our measurements are off. It's just funny because nobody has all of the answers at least from a human standpoint

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 23:57
    Originally posted by menace71
    Well what should a theist/creationist do when confronted with something that appears to contradict the bible? I think there are on both sides of the issue a sort of religion unto its self. The religion of creationists and the Religion of Evolutionists. 😉 I admit personally I don't have all the answers. The bible does not go into exact detail for sure. Cre ...[text shortened]... t's just funny because nobody has all of the answers at least from a human standpoint

Manny
    Your right Manny, we don't have all the answers and probably never will. If we ever did then life would be boring to say the least. But as we know we don't have the answers, it is more reason to rely on God and as of right now the only guide he's given us which is the Bible.
    It is ok of course for man to explore the universe around us, it's in our nature to see what's over the next hill. But we constantly need to remember to be on guard of Satan because he is doing all he can to undermine and take the honor away from God and distract us with mans ideas of why and how we came into being on this earth. It is a fairly common fact that most, not all though, evolutionist do not hold much value in the Bible. So that is somewhat of warning sign.
    Science is fantastic but it can be a tool used by satan....1John 5:19. We really have to take this scripture very seriously.
  12. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 00:03
    When the "Professionals" with all their infinite wisdom prove the Bible wrong and themselves right then I'll stand up and take notice. But I'll stick with this scripture.....Ps 24: 1-3 & 74:3-18 104:1-29, & 135: 6,7, 139: 13-16, & 144:3-8, & all of chapter 148.
    The problem is you insist on equating the musings of some bronze-age nomads with 21st century science. Next time your car breaks down are you going open up that book and look up the wiring diagram? I suppose you still wear wool cloaks and cook all your food over an open fire. Do you still brush your teeth with twigs soaked in urine? And to top it off you are proud of ignoring 2500 years of human sweat and toil. You may not be denying god but you are spitting in the face of the people that came before you and worked their fingers to the bone to give you a better life. A life with food that does not kill you. A life with medicine instead of waiting for miracles. A life where every waking moment is not consumed with the struggle for survival - so you'd have time to sit on your backside and pronounce all their efforts the work of fools. I'm sure they'd be proud of you.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 00:09
    Your right Manny, we don't have all the answers and probably never will. If we ever did then life would be boring to say the least. But as we know we don't have the answers, it is more reason to rely on God and as of right now the only guide he's given us which is the Bible.
    It is ok of course for man to explore the universe around us, it's in our natu ...[text shortened]... e a tool used by satan....1John 5:19. We really have to take this scripture very seriously.
    Reading this post brought back memories of SNL's Church Lady skits.

Oh I don't know, maybe evolutionary biology is a creation of ...........

SATAN!!!!!
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 00:20
    The problem is you insist on equating the musings of some bronze-age nomads with 21st century science. Next time your car breaks down are you going open up that book and look up the wiring diagram? I suppose you still wear wool cloaks and cook all your food over an open fire. Do you still brush your teeth with twigs soaked in urine? And to top it off you ...[text shortened]... backside and pronounce all their efforts the work of fools. I'm sure they'd be proud of you.
    Ok so now your just getting to silly to respond to........ Typicle answer from one who has no concept of God and looks no farther then the clipboard in front of your face...
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 10:37
    Ok so now your just getting to silly to respond to........ Typicle answer from one who has no concept of God and looks no farther then the clipboard in front of your face...
    Ok then. I'll ask you a question TJ that I've asked many other evolutionist. I would think it would be easy to produce since evolution is a "fact" now. But be warned, so far not one shread of evidence has been shown to me, but I'll let you try to find this...
    They say porpoises, the ones with the blow hole on top of their heads, used to be land animals that had their nostrils in front of their face maybe like a dog would have. Are you following me on this? And they say that overtime, maybe a few gazillion years, this creature decided for whatever reason, it needed to get back in the water to survive. I guess it was once there but then came out and then, "oops" I need to get back in there, silly me!!!!
    Anyway from this evolutionary change this creature had made I would seriously think that you could find me at least "1 or 2" fossil remains of the missing links that should exist showing this change this guy had to make from his nostrils going from the front of his face to the top of his head.
    So if you want to give it a try and see what you can find, go ahead. But so far after years of asking not one piece of evidence has ever been found. Hummmmm? I wonder why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree