1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]So i have to believe what you believe, otherwise i have a mental disorder?!

No knob head. You have to believe the truth.

Quit being a hypocrite. Remember, there is no truth? So you say. So then when I say there is you call me a bigot.

Freaking bizarre![/b]
    Joseph, you are clearly a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:13
    Unbelievers suffer from a mental disorder. They assume that because they lie and deceive so does everybody else.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem just like it says in the Bible. The men who wrote the books contained in the Bible weren't liars. The liars are those who say the men who wrote the books of Bible lied.

Now don't go getting all riled up because yo ...[text shortened]... when the liars said the Bible is wrong. You simply believe a lie. Quite a few of them in fact.
    why are you so certain all the bible is true?

to most reasonable people, what twhite said is true. the bible cannot be the absolute truth because it was written by us. some authors were inspired by god of course. but to believe the genocide of jericho is god's will is preposterous and contradicts the idea of a just and benevolent god. or to believe the great flood was a true story.

and if those fairy tales are just that fairy tales, why do you feel threatened that the message of christianity is in any way weakened by it?

if anything, the noah story or the destruction of jericho is actually harming christianity.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:23
    You're the one that sounds like a child. You think like one too since you don't see how absurd it is to say the writers of the books of the Bible were lying.

You simply don't know that. You only know what the liars say.
    well lets see, proper knob (no matter how wrong he is about the existance of god) uses proper debating techniques. he presents arguments, counterarguments, supports his claims. adjusts to what his opponents argues, reacts to them with new arguments. considers their points and if he is convinced by them, acknowledges them.

you just yell the writers of the bible are correct. that they aren't lying.

i can imagine a moronic child that when he sees his parents putting presents under the christmas tree he yells at them for impersonating santa. then refuses to believe santa is not real even if his parents tell him it was them who placed the presents the previous years too. and he does that because he thinks that if he questions that belief in santa even for 1 second he will be forever banished into hell.

you are said moronic child with the difference that he believes in a jolly fat old man that gives stuff away to good children. you believe in a gruesome petty god that orders the whole humanity saved for noah wiped and then obliterates an entire city (jericho) save from one treacherous cowardly whore just to make room for the jews who are better in their view(and your god's) than anyone else. i think i prefer the said moronic child
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:29
    roflmao

Ask yourself, a self proclaiming honest person, why would the writers of the books of the Bible lie?

It's a lie that they lied. That's the truth.

You didn't read my whole post did you?
    i keep getting to jericho.

why would the israelites lie about that genocide? i wonder. you have a people walking in the desert and now wagin a war of invasion. what would be the point of saying its god's will? maybe the make the israelites fight harder? maybe to get a country?

most civilians might not be too keen on murdering every woman and child of a conquered nation. saying its gods will might convince them.

i see a lot of reasons to lie in the bible. this was obvious and evil. but sometimes the lies aren't done to justify evil deeds. the noah flood lie was done to scare people into behaving themselves. the jonah lie was done to show how doubt and fear can "swallow a man" (anyone believing he was swallowed hole by a whale is ignorant or insane). and so on.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why are you so certain all the bible is true?

to most reasonable people, what twhite said is true. the bible cannot be the absolute truth because it was written by us. some authors were inspired by god of course. but to believe the genocide of jericho is god's will is preposterous and contradicts the idea of a just and benevolent god. or to believe the g ...[text shortened]...

if anything, the noah story or the destruction of jericho is actually harming christianity.
    You don't know what you're talking about.

God will do as He pleases. God created and God destroys. It's all in the Bible.

You can't put God in a box. It is beyond you or any one else to define God. God reveals and defines Himself to us through His word which is contained in the Bible.

If you want to pick and choose what part of the Bible you believe and what part you don't, then go for it.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:36
    well lets see, proper knob (no matter how wrong he is about the existance of god) uses proper debating techniques. he presents arguments, counterarguments, supports his claims. adjusts to what his opponents argues, reacts to them with new arguments. considers their points and if he is convinced by them, acknowledges them.

you just yell the writers of t ...[text shortened]... better in their view(and your god's) than anyone else. i think i prefer the said moronic child
    Don't be absurd. No one, ever, anywhere, at any time, has proved that the Bible is wrong.

You just think so because you believe the lies.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:381 edit
    Fallen man is desperate to avoid a confrontation between the Holy Spirit and his conscience. For God to interfer with his self centered life of sinning is his dread.

He erects a fortress of reasons around his thoughts. He protects his thoughts behind a wall of seemingly impenetrable reasonings.

From the garden of Eden, Satan has induced man to regard a loving God as the enemy, a tyrant. Fallen man regards God as the despot there to limit man, to keep man from his highest potential and rob man of his best happiness.

By God's mercy one day may come when the sinner realizes that all that he desires of existence and life in this universe can be summed up in one phrase - "The Will of God"

We have been LIED to folks. But not by God and not by Jesus Christ.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:41
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/200711/article_03.htm

Some very good info on why the Bible is true...
    NO ONE has ever successfully challenged the historical accuracy of the Bible. It refers to real people and real events.
    if i say i saw a pink and green dragon while camping one day, would you believe me? could you ever "successfully challenge" me? it would be a matter of believing me. and without proof how could you? some might remember me for a decent, honest person and believe me on that ground. however they would be just putting their faith in me.

THE Bible writers were honest men who wrote with openness of heart. Their candor gives their writing the clear ring of truth.
    i keep getting into the jericho affair. it is so easy. how can someone speak of a genocide with "openness of heart"? it's like someone trying to justify the holocaust as "hitler doing god's will". it is insanity. nobody can ever justify genocide.

Written about 1500 B.C.E., the Mosaic Law (found in the first five books of the Bible) contained sound laws regarding quarantining of the sick, treatment of dead bodies, and disposal of waste.
    and also how to kill a newly wed girl if her husband accuses her of non-virginity and she can prove herself innocent. guilty until proven innocent is not the mark of a good law.

sure, the article doesn't say what it means about trusting the bible. is trusting the message of the bible or trusting that 100% of it is true.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:45
    You don't know what you're talking about.

God will do as He pleases. God created and God destroys. It's all in the Bible.

You can't put God in a box. It is beyond you or any one else to define God. God reveals and defines Himself to us through His word which is contained in the Bible.

If you want to pick and choose what part of the Bible you believe and what part you don't, then go for it.
    oh.
    how is your thought process? that when a genocide occurs it was god's will? or that some monsters lied about being god's will to justify themselves? what is more likely? that humans lie? or that a benevolent god murders in the thousands?

so if i and other christians believe god to be benevolent and kind and tolerant, and someone comes and says he is a prophet of the lord and that in this instance we must kill all children under the age of 3, would you believe him? wouldn't you stop and consider what is asked of you? will you do like abraham and get your knife hoping god will stop you before actually killing the first child?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:46
    Don't be absurd. No one, ever, anywhere, at any time, has proved that the Bible is wrong.

You just think so because you believe the lies.
    noah's flood.

proven not to have existed.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Fallen man is desperate to avoid a confrontation between the Holy Spirit and his conscience. For God to interfer with his self centered life of sinning is his dread.

He erects a fortress of reasons around his thoughts. He protects his thoughts behind a wall of seemingly impenetrable reasonings.

From the garden of Eden, Satan has induced man to reg The Will of God"

We have been LIED to folks. But not by God and not by Jesus Christ.[/b]
    i fully agree. i don't view god as the enemy and i fully believe he is loving.

however, we have been lied by the person who wrote that jericho was god's will. we have been lied by the person who forgot to write at the end of jonah's story "this has been a fable folks, hasn''t really happened but take heed and don't do as jonah did and run away from your duty"

i respect god's decision of not smiting down all the liars that contributed their own agendas to the bible. and i thank him for giving me intelligence and reason to figure out who those liars are
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 22:54
    [b]NO ONE has ever successfully challenged the historical accuracy of the Bible. It refers to real people and real events.
    if i say i saw a pink and green dragon while camping one day, would you believe me? could you ever "successfully challenge" me? it would be a matter of believing me. and without proof how could you? some might remember me for a dec ...[text shortened]... ng the bible. is trusting the message of the bible or trusting that 100% of it is true.[/b]
    sure, the article doesn't say what it means about trusting the bible. is trusting the message of the bible or trusting that 100% of it is true.

Maybe God is only 99% honest! 🙄

You don't get it. If God has communicated His will, then why would it be so difficult to know the truth.

It's not! Not for the one who has trusted Christ as his saviour. But the unbeliever is in a constant state of denial.

Here is a gem of truth for you. You can either accept or reject God's provision of salvation. Be made free and receive the gift of eternal life. Or die in your sins.

That is what the word of God says. "But no" says the unbeliever. "The men who wrote that were lying".

Unbelievers have a mental disorder.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 23:14
    [b]NO ONE has ever successfully challenged the historical accuracy of the Bible. It refers to real people and real events.
    if i say i saw a pink and green dragon while camping one day, would you believe me? could you ever "successfully challenge" me? it would be a matter of believing me. and without proof how could you? some might remember me for a dec ...[text shortened]... ng the bible. is trusting the message of the bible or trusting that 100% of it is true.[/b]
    I'm not going to try and convence you to believe anything about the Bible. It stands on it own in reguards to history, science, etc. Man has tried for centuries to disprove it in every way possible but he has never been able to.
    So many, unlike yourself, are interested in God and a relationship with him, what the future is for us all, and many other wonderful things.
    But many like yourself choose not to see what the Bible has to offer and that is fine. God does not force anyone to worship him or to even acknowlege he exist.
    But many in the past have felt that way too....
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 23:18

however, we have been lied by the person who wrote that jericho was god's will. we have been lied by the person who forgot to write at the end of jonah's story "this has been a fable folks, hasn''t really happened but take heed and don't do as jonah did and run away from your ...[text shortened]... and i thank him for giving me intelligence and reason to figure out who those liars are
    Ok! Who are they?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 02:28

however, we have been lied by the person who wrote that jericho was god's will. we have been lied by the person who forgot to write at the end of jonah's story "this has been a fable folks, hasn''t really happened but take heed and don't do as jonah did and run away from your ...[text shortened]... and i thank him for giving me intelligence and reason to figure out who those liars are
    ===================================
    however, we have been lied by the person who wrote that jericho was god's will.
    ========================================

I don't have a problem with God passing judgment on Jericho or on His saving of Rehab the harlot and her whole family from the destruction.

For one God had told Abraham in Genesis 15:16 that it would be another 400 years before the Canaanites got so immoral that they would merit innhilation. So the story refects Divine Patience and Divine Wisdom to execute the appropriate judgment at the appropriate time.

The story also reveals God's mercy. For after 400 years God still added an addition 40 years when the Canaanites could see that the army of Yahweh was about to come into their land. God gave them more than ample time to repent of thier crimes. And I also believe that they had prophetic warnings that perhaps were not recorded in the Bible. God judges righteously.

Lastly, by the grace of God Rahab the harlot and what may well have been a house of prostitution with her relatives, was saved because of their belief. So mercy is seen in the account as well.

======================================
    we have been lied by the person who forgot to write at the end of jonah's story "this has been a fable folks, hasn''t really happened but take heed and don't do as jonah did and run away from your duty"

You're imaginative. And no comment is needed to dignify your flight of fancy.

==================================
    i respect god's decision of not smiting down all the liars that contributed their own agendas to the bible.

Seems that you have not paid much attention to the warnings of God throughout Scripture about false prophets and hypocrits doing things in His name without His approval. Otherwise the above bit of ignorance would hardly have been written.

What does Revelation 22:18,19 warn ?

Have you ever read through the books of Jeremiah or Ezekiel about God's attitude to the religionists who were damaging the people ? There is quite a lot of word directed towards the problem of the misrepresentation of God's will by the priests and self willed prophets.

I wonder how all this managed to escape your notice. I wonder what kind of naivete would convince you that anyone is getting away with anything.

You didn't read about the "woes" pronounced by Jesus to the religionists of Matthew 23?. Do you think the Son of God's attitude has changed just because something called "Christianity" is on the earth ?

If you think His attitude has changed, you have more faith then I do.

===========================================
    and i thank him for giving me intelligence and reason to figure out who those liars are
    =====================================

Since you are so clear concerning these things, "to him to whom much is given will much be expected."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree