1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 18:34
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    So you did add to it.

John 3:16 continues: "... that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life."

That would disqualify those who don't accept and believe. I guess the gist of it is, God (who stilled Abraham's hand, preventing him from doing the same) sacrificed his son for us. For us to reject him and essentially gi ...[text shortened]... hurch, but it seems to me and many others that God wouldn't waste his time sacrificing for them.
    No I didn’t add to it! This is exactly the kind of sleazy dishonesty that I’m on about mate.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 18:35
    So you did add to it.

John 3:16 continues: "... that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life."

That would disqualify those who don't accept and believe. I guess the gist of it is, God (who stilled Abraham's hand, preventing him from doing the same) sacrificed his son for us. For us to reject him and essentially gi ...[text shortened]... hurch, but it seems to me and many others that God wouldn't waste his time sacrificing for them.
    Anytime you want to actually debate the contradiction, rather than try to justify eternal torture by posting more scripture...please feel free to do so.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 18:36
    Trevor: "I heard the rooster crow 3 times."
    Cletus: "I heard the rooster crow twice."

Do these 2 statements defy the law of non-contradiction?

protip: NO.
    Wow..is this you dealing with eternal torture by a benevolent Jesus?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 18:37
    I'm curious to see the bible contradictions and I hope they will be laid out in single fashion, complete with at least a small argument in the poster's own words. Meanwhile, I should probably brace myself for a 20 thousand-word copy and paste from evilbible.com ... though really I didn't intend for this to become a "post all your bible contradictions he ...[text shortened]... iction at first glance, was intended by the writer to encourage the reader to pause and reflect.
    Jesus: I love you so much people of Earth that I’m going to come and pay a terrible price and redeem you by my own death.

People: redeem us from what?

Jesus: from what I’ll do to you in hell if you don’t love me back.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    29 May '18 18:49
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Anytime you want to actually debate the contradiction, rather than try to justify eternal torture by posting more scripture...please feel free to do so.
    I'm not a proponent of eternal torture. It seems you are bound and determined to be my enemy at every turn. The problem is, I'm not like the others. I don't revel in that. I just take it for what it is. More importantly I take you for what you are. I won't engage in this garbage. You say you're a believer and Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. Great. Then embrace his teachings, or, expose yourself as a hypocrite. Either way, my policy is to take you at your word--that you are a believer--which further means I will not engage in open battle with you over Scripture. I don't mind arguing a point or a counterpoint but I won't get involved in the insults and trolling. Please do that with others who you find more receptive to it.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '18 18:521 edit
    I'm not a proponent of eternal torture. It seems you are bound and determined to be my enemy at every turn. The problem is, I'm not like the others. I don't revel in that. I just take it for what it is. More importantly I take you for what you are. I won't engage in this garbage. You say you're a believer and Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. ...[text shortened]... lved in the insults and trolling. Please do that with others who you find more receptive to it.
    Dont get upset, just deal with the contradiction which I’ve posted.

If you don’t believe in the eternal torture doctrine then come outright and say so. If not being a “proponent” is you saying this then it’s not strong enough by far and you should be defending our Lord’s reputation by calling out the gross error and pulling it apart.

Which is what I do.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 19:34
    Well, post the verse that says non-Christians will be burned alive or tortured for eternity. You keep saying that but never cite a verse that says that.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 19:36
    Can you cite a Bible verse to back up your position that Jesus tortures non-Christians for eternity? Or do you just like saying that to suck up to the atheists and Christ deniers in here?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 May '18 19:40
    John 3:16

For God Sooooooo.....loves the world that he gave his son’s life (his life) while we were still sinners, he died once and for ALL.

BUT...if you don’t accept his love, or find it impossible to believe in this amazing God, he will personally burn you alive for all eternity.

If you want contradictions, this is the one you should be dealing with.
    Why leave out the next verse?

Christ did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

So saved from what exactly?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 19:40
    Jesus: I love you so much people of Earth that I’m going to come and pay a terrible price and redeem you by my own death.

People: redeem us from what?

Jesus: from what I’ll do to you in hell if you don’t love me back.
    This is nearly word-for-word what an atheist in here posted about two weeks ago.

Your claim of being a Christian - when all you do in here is exclusively bash Christians and talk about Jesus burning people alive for eternity - is beginning to sound a lot like Heartpence’s claim of having a theology degree and Kiddo’s claim of being a Christian for nearly 40 years before he took “a long hard look” at Christianity.

Total BS is the unifying theme of those claims.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 19:42
    Dont get upset, just deal with the contradiction which I’ve posted.

If you don’t believe in the eternal torture doctrine then come outright and say so. If not being a “proponent” is you saying this then it’s not strong enough by far and you should be defending our Lord’s reputation by calling out the gross error and pulling it apart.

Which is what I do.
    He did come right out and say he’s not a proponent of it. Do you even read posts that you reply to?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 19:43
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Why leave out the next verse?

Christ did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

So saved from what exactly?
    <<Why leave out the next verse?>>

Because he’s the atheists’ lickspittle.
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    29 May '18 20:42
    No I didn’t add to it! This is exactly the kind of sleazy dishonesty that I’m on about mate.
    You did add to the verse with your business about (paraphrased) "and if you don't love me back I will torture you forever in hell" .. the verse doesn't say that. You went on to admit that at least the "first part" was biblical and we could debate that. The second part is what you added. And there is no dishonesty involved in me pointing it out, nor is there any debate about it.
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    29 May '18 20:45
    No, it's not. What exactly is your problem. You've accused me of dishonesty yet again. And (above) here you go again implying that I believe in the doctrine of eternal torture. Your ceaseless, baseless accusations are now an established pattern as relates to me. Is this how you treat everyone? Or just select individuals you have some axe to grind against.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 22:00
    No, it's not. What exactly is your problem. You've accused me of dishonesty yet again. And (above) here you go again implying that I believe in the doctrine of eternal torture. Your ceaseless, baseless accusations are now an established pattern as relates to me. Is this how you treat everyone? Or just select individuals you have some axe to grind against.
    He treats Christians like that - exclusively. You’ll never catch him treating an atheist or Christ denier with anywhere near that level of disrespect and trolling.

And yet he claims - in my view falsely - to be a Christian. Lot of liars on here. He’s just the latest one to be exposed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree