Bible Contradiction

Bible Contradiction

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
He treats Christians like that - exclusively. You’ll never catch him treating an atheist or Christ denier with anywhere near that level of disrespect and trolling.

And yet he claims - in my view falsely - to be a Christian. Lot of liars on here. He’s just the latest one to be exposed.
I'm used to people being disrespectful and all. But what I'm not used to is someone just outright calling me a liar with absolutely no proof. Just willy-nilly, flat out, projected, made up stuff. I guess I'm more accustomed to moderation in the forums I have frequented in the past - where personal attacks are either banned altogether or at least have to have some shred of credible evidence to back them up. This place really takes some getting used to.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I'm used to people being disrespectful and all. But what I'm not used to is someone just outright calling me a liar with absolutely no proof. Just willy-nilly, flat out, projected, made up stuff. I guess I'm more accustomed to moderation in the forums I have frequented in the past - where personal attacks are either banned altogether or at least have ...[text shortened]... some shred of credible evidence to back them up. This place really takes some getting used to.
So you telling me ...why don't you run off to a homosexual dating site or something..., out of the blue with no cause, is not a personal attack? Mr Hypocrite ?

The conversation was ...
You said that you dont always tell the truth because of what others would say.
Then I said that is called being a 'men pleaser', a biblical term.
You replied with this homosexual nonsense and an insult about my contribution to the forum

Moves
29 May 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Christ did not come into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

So saved from what exactly?
Burning in hell on the end of a butane blow-torch?

S. Korea

Moves
30 May 18

Proverbs 26

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly,
lest you be like him yourself.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Is this a contradiction? If not, what does that tell us about reading and comprehending the messages found in the bible?
I think the traditional interpretation is something like...

26:4 is "Do not answer a fool with a foolish response" (according meaning answering the fool in a manner according to the nature of the folly);

whereas, in 26:5, the according means answer him for the folly that he has done.

So one is... Don't answer a fool as a fool, and the other is hold a fool accountable for his foolish actions.

But I did this without googling or looking to alternative translations.

Correct me if I err.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

I'm used to people being disrespectful and all. ...
Exactly why are you feeding him?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Exactly why are you feeding him?
I feed tiger PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off. Almost exclusively. It seems to be all he ever wants to eat.

One day, I made him macaroni and cheese and he ate it - and a lot of it. But he insisted on having a PB&J sandwich for dessert.

I said, “tiger, if you’re not careful, you’re going to turn into a PB&J sandwich.”

tiger replied, “Then I’d eat myself,” and we laughed and laughed.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
So you telling me ...why don't you run off to a homosexual dating site or something..., out of the blue with no cause, is not a personal attack? Mr Hypocrite ?

The conversation was ...
You said that you dont always tell the truth because of what others would say.
Nope. Didn't say that. Is your memory bad, or are you being dishonest.

Then I said that is called being a 'men pleaser', a biblical term.
And then later you admitted realizing I took you to mean something else entirely.

You replied with this homosexual nonsense and an insult about my contribution to the forum
And I explained that I don't normally react harshly but didn't take kindly to being attacked when I was trying to recognize you for saying something truthful. Don't worry. It won't happen again.

F

Moves
30 May 18

I guess I'm more accustomed to moderation in the forums I have frequented in the past - where personal attacks are either banned altogether or at least have to have some shred of credible evidence to back them up. This place really takes some getting used to.
This place hasn't changed that much, the current hopefully temporary 2018 nadir notwithstanding. If I understood you correctly, the forums you have frequented in the past include this one. right? sumydid was an almost peerless purveyor of scathing, abusive personal attacks, especially when he'd been exposed for posting dishonest hyperbole. That poster was you, wasn't it? Do you really not remember?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
This place hasn't changed that much, the current hopefully temporary 2018 nadir notwithstanding. If I understood you correctly, the forums you have frequented in the past include this one. right? sumydid was an almost peerless purveyor of scathing, abusive personal attacks, especially when he'd been exposed for posting dishonest hyperbole. That poster was you, wasn't it? Do you really not remember?
At this point the question isn't why don't I remember, but why YOU do. What was it. 5? 7 years ago? And here you go again, after apologizing to me and confirming (in your lengthy, obsessive searches to be sure) that I am the same person, now suggesting that I'm someone else instead. Make up your mind.

So apparently if I merely point out that dive has accused me of being a liar several times in the last couple of weeks, without a shred of evidence... that makes ME the villain?

After however many years it's been since I was here last, one thing is for sure. You and at least one other have spent a considerable--no--an embarrasing amount of time huddled in this dusty old room scrutinizing and assaulting just about anyone who dares venture inside the door. Maybe it's pride, or straight up narcissism. Whatever it is, it keeps you from being appropriately ashamed of yourself.

F

Moves
30 May 18

At this point the question isn't why don't I remember, but why YOU do. What was it. 5? 7 years ago?
I have a sharp memory

F

Moves
30 May 18
2 edits

After however many years it's been since I was here last, one thing is for sure. You and at least one other have spent a considerable--no--an embarrasing amount of time huddled in this dusty old room scrutinizing and assaulting just about anyone who dares venture inside the door. Maybe it's pride, or straight up narcissism. Whatever it is, it keeps you from being appropriately ashamed of yourself.
My observation about the gap between your deeds and your words seems to have struck a nerve.

F

Moves
30 May 18

And here you go again, after apologizing to me and confirming (in your lengthy, obsessive searches to be sure) that I am the same person, now suggesting that I'm someone else instead. Make up your mind.
I think it is you who should make up his mind.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

At this point the question isn't why don't I remember, but why YOU do. What was it. 5? 7 years ago? And here you go again, after apologizing to me and confirming (in your lengthy, obsessive searches to be sure) that I am the same person, now suggesting that I'm someone else instead. Make up your mind.

So apparently if I merely point out that dive ...[text shortened]... aight up narcissism. Whatever it is, it keeps you from being appropriately ashamed of yourself.
This is an excellent post.

I have begged Kiddo to leave his bedroom and go outside for a walk or at least crack open a window to eliminate the awful smell but he refuses.

Even tiger won’t go over there anymore - even after Kiddo said he had a six-pack of ale.

“Kiddo’s bedroom stinks!” tiger exclaimed after returning from a visit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

I have a sharp memory
Then why do you ask the same questions over and over again? Do you not remember the answers, are you hoping for different answers or are you trolling?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

My observation about the gap between your deeds and your words seems to have struck a nerve.
No, I suspect people are getting sick of your non-stop trolling.