1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:00
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Does_the_Earth_really_rotate%3F&threadid=146614

If you EVER claim to know more about physics or science than ANYONE (barring perhaps dasa)
    on this forum again, I will point you back to this thread and remind you that you know less than
    an 11 yr old about how the world works.

Seriously this is stuff I would expect you to have learned in Kindergarten.
    Liar. You did not have a clue when you were 11 yrs old. You can't figue anything out yourself. You would know nothing if someone didn't tell you. That is why you believe evolution is a fact because you don't have the brain power to figure it out for yourself.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 May '12 12:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Liar. You did not have a clue when you were 11 yrs old. You can't figue anything out yourself. You would know nothing if someone didn't tell you. That is why you believe evolution is a fact because you don't have the brain power to figure it out for yourself.
    No. You are the one who believe based on 'authority' what you are told (by the bible) and
    doesn't and can't question that knowledge.

And you are also the one who couldn't work out yourself how it is that the atmosphere
    rotates with the earth and thus so does everything in it.

Something which, believe me, you will never live down.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 13:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No. You are the one who believe based on 'authority' what you are told (by the bible) and
    doesn't and can't question that knowledge.

And you are also the one who couldn't work out yourself how it is that the atmosphere
    rotates with the earth and thus so does everything in it.

Something which, believe me, you will never live down.
    I have already lived it down and up, too. 😀
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 15:53
    I have already lived it down and up, too. 😀
    All inside your head, inside your head. The thing is, there is a real world going on all around you that you refuse to see, you cognitive dissonance has you by the balls.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All inside your head, inside your head. The thing is, there is a real world going on all around you that you refuse to see, you cognitive dissonance has you by the balls.
    You believe many things that are not true. I would advise you check your own belief system out carefully. Then maybe you could see none of us are perfect and in need of a Savior. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory to God in the highest! 😏
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 16:16
    You believe many things that are not true. I would advise you check your own belief system out carefully. Then maybe you could see none of us are perfect and in need of a Savior. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory to God in the highest! 😏
    Ok, lets see, my belief system. Check. It's the same as it was a few minutes ago, but it might change with new scientific input. Unlike yours. You are stuck 2000 years in the past. Profoundly stuck. You cannot change no matter what science has and is revealing about the world and life on Earth.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 16:241 edit
    Ok, lets see, my belief system. Check. It's the same as it was a few minutes ago, but it might change with new scientific input. Unlike yours. You are stuck 2000 years in the past. Profoundly stuck. You cannot change no matter what science has and is revealing about the world and life on Earth.
    You did not take the time to analyze why your belief system is wrong. With that attitude, you will never be saved.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 16:371 edit
    You did not take the time to analyze why your belief system is wrong. With that attitude, you will never be saved.
    I don't need to be saved from anything, have led a great life, have 22 grandkids all over the planet, still working at a high tech job and writing new music every day. All in all I don't think I could have done a lot better had I been stuck in your world.

BTW, 'bible science' is an oxymoron.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 17:14
    I don't need to be saved from anything, have led a great life, have 22 grandkids all over the planet, still working at a high tech job and writing new music every day. All in all I don't think I could have done a lot better had I been stuck in your world.

BTW, 'bible science' is an oxymoron.
    Can't argue with success, right?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

(Mark 8:36 NKJV)
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 17:16
    Can't argue with success, right?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

(Mark 8:36 NKJV)
    Hey, I'll take the whole world anytime, since none of us has a soul in the first place. Bible 0, reality 1.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 17:43
    Hey, I'll take the whole world anytime, since none of us has a soul in the first place. Bible 0, reality 1.
    Would you take the time to read this with an open mind?

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atheismintro.html
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 17:59
    Would you take the time to read this with an open mind?

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atheismintro.html
    I am reading this and here is part of it:

"So, we have come to realize that the universe first began to exist 13.7 billion years ago. Atheists are left with a dilemma, since their worldview requires that all things that begin to exist must have a cause. So, logic requires the admission that the universe had a cause. Virtually all atheists say that this cause was some natural phenomenon. It is also possible that the cause of the universe was a supernatural intelligence (i.e., God). However, there is no direct observational evidence for either belief."

The problem with that view is there actually is coming onboard, more observational evidence of what came before the big bang.

The fact is that Earthy science is in its infancy and statements like that abound in the theistic universe.

Theists love to put up old science as if it were fixed in place like theology.

That is where we fundamentally differ. Science is not fixed in place, we continually learn from science and all the sciences use the same fundamental methods to arrive at their conclusions but you refuse to see that the same methods that have already produced incredible results in many fields are used in evolution, geology, the age of the earth, and so forth, sciences that you refuse to belief could come from valid scientific methods which they in fact do.

You can poo poo the results all you want but it is exactly the same scientific method that produces the latest antibiotic medicine as produces the evidence for evolution.

You also cannot get past the idea that evolution does not speak for the beginnings of life on earth, which is in fact a separate scientific endeavor.

The fact that abiogenesis cannot be proven to be valid is only because of the infancy of the science involved. You have a short window to scoff but it will produce results in the years and decades to come.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 May '12 18:322 edits

"So, we have come to realize that the universe first began to exist 13.7 billion years ago. Atheists are left with a dilemma, since their worldview requires that all things that begin to exist must have a cause. So, logic requires the admission that the universe had a cause. Virtually all atheists say that this c You have a short window to scoff but it will produce results in the years and decades to come.
    I can add to that by pointing out what it claims is not true where it says:

Atheists are left with a dilemma, since their worldview requires that all things that begin to exist must have a cause.

for many atheists ( and theists for that matter ) don't assume that everything must have a 'cause' and their "worldview" does not "require" them to assume everything must have a cause ( why should it? ) so the above statement is a lie and a strawman.
    For example, many atheists ( and many theists ) don't believe quantum events have a cause nor the start of the universe has a cause providing time itself began then.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 18:55

"So, we have come to realize that the universe first began to exist 13.7 billion years ago. Atheists are left with a dilemma, since their worldview requires that all things that begin to exist must have a cause. So, logic requires the admission that the universe had a cause. Virtually all atheists say that this c ...[text shortened]... You have a short window to scoff but it will produce results in the years and decades to come.
    I know he should have said the universe first began to exist about 10 thousand years ago. But he is still learning.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 18:58
    Originally posted by humy
    I can add to that by pointing out what it claims is not true where it says:

Atheists are left with a dilemma, since their worldview requires that all things that begin to exist must have a cause.

for many atheists ( and theists for that matter ) don't assume that everything must have a 'cause' and their "worldview" does not "requi ...[text shortened]... cause nor the start of the universe has a cause providing time itself began then.
    There is no rhyme or reason to it all. It just happened. Is that your worldview?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree