1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    I asked you a simple question - Why you thought the book of Revelation was evidence of a tampered with Bible.

You responded with a question. Where did the content come from? you asked.

You never told me why you think it evidences a tampered with Bible.
    The answer to "Where did the content come from?" is the reason why I find the Book not credible and why I see it as corporate Christianity adding new superstitious spin to Hebrew mythology as it established itself ~ tampering in other words. That millions of people have fallen for its opaque mystical ramblings is not evidence of its veracity, in my view. I understand that you personally look upon it as legitimate.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:16
    You've danced around the question why you think Revelation evidences a tampered with Bible.
    No I haven't. I have laid out why I think the Book of Revelation is tampering ~ a deliberate, calculated and manipulative effort to push a relatively new religion in a certain way by ecclesiastical technocrats ~ literally dozens of times on this forum, including in direct conversations between you and me.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    The answer to "Where did the content come from?" is the reason why I find the Book not credible and why I see it as corporate Christianity adding new superstitious spin to Hebrew mythology as it established itself ~ tampering in other words. That millions of people have fallen for its opaque mystical ramblings is not evidence of its veracity, in my view. I understand that you personally look upon it as legitimate.
    Like I said. You'd be hard press to produce from Revelation much that was absolutely NEW.

What's there that is absolutely new and never mentioned elsewhere in some form in the rest of the Bible ?

I'm not holding my breath though, for your answer.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:17
    Like I said. You'd be hard press to produce from [b]Revelation much that was absolutely NEW. [/b]
    Last time: where did its content come from?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    No I haven't. I have laid out why I think the Book of Revelation is tampering ~ a deliberate, calculated and manipulative effort to push a relatively new religion in a certain way by ecclesiastical technocrats ~ literally dozens of times on this forum, including in direct conversations between you and me.
    No I haven't. I have laid out why I think the Book of Revelation is tampering ~ a deliberate, calculated and manipulative effort to push a relatively new religion in a certain way by ecclesiastical technocrats

You seem very ruled by a paranoia that everyone is out to hoodwink you.

"As face answers to face in water, so the mind of man reflects the man."

You might take some time to consider how much you project your own thoughts onto others.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Last time: where did its content come from?
    Last time?

Good, go back and read my previous answer - last time.
    It is a climax and recapitulation of the whole other 65 books of the divine revelation.

Oh, divine revelation means made known to man from God.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:27
    You seem very ruled by a paranoia that everyone is out to hoodwink you.
    Well I do not subscribe to the content of the Book of Revelation or its credibility, and if you are trying to frame this as some kind of psychological disorder characterized by delusions of persecution or grandeur, then that's OK by me. I do not subscribe to the Vedas or Al-Quran either; perhaps that is further evidence of "paranoia" on my part... in your view? 😉
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:27
    Contents of the book of Revelation -

Revelation 1:1 - "The revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him to show to His slaves the things that must quickly take place; and He made it known by signs, sending it by His angel to His slave John."
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:30
    Last time?

Good, go back and read my previous answer - last time.
    It is a climax and recapitulation of the whole other 65 books of the divine revelation.

Oh, divine revelation means made known to man from God.
    Divine revelation? In the case of the Book of Revelation, how do you corroborate this?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:31
    Contents of the book of Revelation -

[b]Revelation 1:1 - "The revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him to show to His slaves the things that must quickly take place; and He made it known by signs, sending it by His angel to His slave John."
    [/b]
    Someone had a vision/dream/hallucination, is that it?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:313 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I do not subscribe to the content of the Book of Revelation or its credibility, and if you are trying to frame this as some kind of psychological disorder characterized by delusions of persecution or grandeur, then that's OK by me. I do not subscribe to the Vedas or Al-Quran either; perhaps that is further evidence of "paranoia" on my part... in your view? 😉
    No. I think you do not spend a fraction of the time arguing against the Vedas or Al-Quran as you do with the Bible.

Point me to another Forum and prove me wrong.

So I don't buy "They are all the same to me" line that easily.
    In that none have an effect on your living - in THAT sense they are the same.

But I bet you reserve most of your energies to eliminate the Bible from your heart.

But if I am wrong - direct me to forums on Vedas or Al-Quran where you write post after post after post arguing.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Divine revelation? In the case of the Book of Revelation, how do you corroborate this?
    Something new in the book of Revelation ?
    Put up.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:37
    No. I think you do not spend a fraction of the time arguing against the Vedas or Al-Quran as you do with the Bible.
    Where are their proponents on this forum? In the past I frequently confronted Dasa on his superstitions and assertions. Where are the advocates of the content of Al-Quran that you note I am not spending "time arguing against"?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:40
    Something new in the book of Revelation ?
    Put up.
    Can you peddle your 'torture in burning agony for eternity in the Lake of Fire' ideology without reference to the Book of Revelation?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '14 02:43
    But if I am wrong - direct me to forums on Vedas or Al-Quran where you write post after post after post arguing.
    You want me to tell you what I do elsewhere on the internet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree