Bible tampered with.

Bible tampered with.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Nov 14
4 edits

I asked:

How many threads focused on the subject have you started ?

Going back Five pages I counted three explicit threads on the subject of eternal punishment started by FMF.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonship
A "black hole" is far fetched. You mean an object so dense that not even [b]light can escape from its gravity ? That is far-fetched.

[/b]
Far-fetched to you but not most of us.

F

Moves
22 Nov 14

Going back Five pages I counted three explicit threads on the subject of eternal punishment started by FMF.
So?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
22 Nov 14

The "far-fetched" must exist. And it must righteously so.

How do you know something "far-fetched" does not exist?

A "black hole" is far fetched. You mean an object so dense that not even [b]light
can escape from its gravity ? That is far-fetched.

Can you be so sure that something far-fetched between God and the impenitent enemy of God c ...[text shortened]... f making an atheist more open minded to the thought of God's existence.

Do you have a case ?[/b]
A "black hole" is far fetched. You mean an object so dense that not even light can escape from its gravity ? That is far-fetched.
At the centre of the galaxy there is an object so dense that, based on observations of the motions of nearby stars, it has a mass of 4.31 ± 0.38 million solar masses. There is a star called S0-16 with would collide with it if it had a radius larger than 45 times the distance between the earth and the sun. To be a black hole it's radius would need to be 0.08 AU. If you don't want to believe in black holes be my guest, but that thing can't really be anything else. I can go through the physics and show why light can't escape from them if you like. The Wikipedia pages about these objects are good, I can't see any errors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_A*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_X-1

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 14
3 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
If you don't want to believe in black holes be my guest,

Could you please quote me where I said I did not or did not want to believe in black holes ?

I said it was a far-fetched concept. I followed that by saying I believe that something far-fetched exists.

F

Moves
22 Nov 14

I said it was a far-fetched concept.
Black holes are far-fetched? How so?

Moves
22 Nov 14

Originally posted by FMF
Black holes are far-fetched? How so?
Well, you just try and fetch one, brother. They're really far-fetched, indeed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Well, you just try and fetch one, brother. They're really far-fetched, indeed.
Not if a Christian says so!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Far-fetched to you but not most of us.
You think I know nothing about astronomy or cosmology ?
I don't know how old you are but I was reading George Gamow in the early sixties. I had telescopes then too. This is in my early teens.

Black holes are what I would call a pretty weird phenomenon.
Actually a neutron star is pretty far-fetched.

The thought of a teaspoon amount of material from a neutron star weighing millions of tons on earth? I call it far-fetched.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Nov 14

Nooooo. 😲

Surely not? I never would have thought.

http://youtu.be/k6PWFvzKl3I
Tampering with the Word of a God is from the beginning, but God preserves His Word.

Psalm 12:6,7
The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalm 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
Tampering with the Word of a God is from the beginning, but God preserves His Word.

The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

M ...[text shortened]... and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Amen to that.
Great passages.

Moves
22 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw

M ...[text shortened]... and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
So the book that's been tampered with, says it's not been tampered with? Convincing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Nov 14
1 edit

So the book that's been tampered with, says it's not been tampered with? Convincing.
No, it is not just convincing because it itself says it is preserved. It is convincing also because things like the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls evidence that it was preserved. The ancient and lost, rediscovered and compared with the modern. That preservation has occurred is evidenced.

IE. the book of Isaiah

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Nov 14

I didn't say it said it wasn't tampered with.

I said God says He preserves His Word.

You need to know this. It's essential. But first you need to know God exists. 😕

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Nov 14

No, it is not just convincing because it itself says it is preserved. It is convincing also because things like the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls evidence that it was preserved. The ancient and lost, rediscovered and compared with the modern. That preservation has occurred is evidenced.

IE. the book of [b]Isaiah
[/b]
True. God preserves His Word by several methods. One is by the multiplicity of copies.