1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 11:28
    Originally posted by C Hess
    In order to see that it's true, I must first believe it's true? Hm, something fishy going on here.
    I didn't say that, you did.

Square one, you don't believe in God. Square two, you still don't believe in God. Square three, you seem to be enjoying yourself denigrating the beliefs of others.

So strange. If I were an atheist I wouldn't waste a minute of my time here. It makes me wonder why an atheist would be interested in debating about things he doesn't believe exists. I wonder if I could get an honest answer if I were to ask why that is.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 11:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, let me get this clear, you contend that men wrote the content of the Bible without actually being inspired by God?
    What? Am I to be redundant? I told you what I believe. Let it sink in before you post a knee jerk reply why don't you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 12:301 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    What? Am I to be redundant? I told you what I believe. Let it sink in before you post a knee jerk reply why don't you.
    Is the idea that the men who wrote the Bible were not inspired by God a widespread Christian belief, do you think?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 12:32
    You seem to not understand simple sentences. I answered your question, but you obviously didn't understand the answer.
    This is just more deflection.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 12:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is the idea that the men who wrote the Bible were not inspired by God a widespread Christian belief, do you think?
    What does that have to do with it? You're not talking to anyone but me.

Stay on point. But you can't because the point, which eludes you, is that the Word of God, which you denounce, is the final authority.

I provided the references to support the contention, but you deflect away from it because you either can't or won't stay on topic.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 12:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is just more deflection.
    That is just more redundancy.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 13:09
    The biggest narcissist you ever met! 😵
    I'm just like everyone else. Probably wrong about 90% of the time. Sounds to me as if you don't have a counter argument against what I'm saying about the Word of God. Is that why you're using the tact of belittling me?
    Firstly, I wasn't belittling you at all. Secondly, I do have a counter argument, and I presented it.
    1. You claim that your interpretation of the Bible is the one true interpretation.
    2. The words I read in the Bible are not a whole lot of use to me as I would not interpret them correctly as you do.
    3. Therefore if I want the truth, I must listen to you and follow your interpretation.
    4. Although I concede that you may have the one true interpretation, I am disinclined to think so because of your well known history in this forum of getting things spectacularly wrong.
    5. I still maintain that the Bible as it is accessible to me, is chock full of errors, both in the original writings as well as subsequent copying and translation.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 13:10
    What does that have to do with it? You're not talking to anyone but me.

Stay on point. But you can't because the point, which eludes you, is that the Word of God, which you denounce, is the final authority.

I provided the references to support the contention, but you deflect away from it because you either can't or won't stay on topic.
    I understand what you are saying. But you are dodging my question, which is: Is the idea that the men who wrote the Bible were not inspired by God a widespread Christian belief, do you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree