1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 20:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Groups of people have diverse opinions on a topic; a single individual (normally) does not.
    No problem with that.

Besides, I heard Clockwork Orange was a lousy Movie.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 02:11
    Originally posted by jaywill
    No problem with that.

Besides, I heard Clockwork Orange was a lousy Movie.
    I'd put the movie right in the middle. I didn't sympathize with the main character much [as the director clearly intended], but still found it thought-provoking.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 06:54
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'd put the movie right in the middle. I didn't sympathize with the main character much [as the director clearly intended], but still found it thought-provoking.
    I think Kubrick strived for balance in sympathies in portraying the gray areas between right and wrong. The movie has a lot of depth in this regard and that's why it's one of my favorite Kubrick films. I can watch it and The Shining ad nauseum and still like the movies. A Clockwork Orange would probably be in my personal top 10 or 15 movies ever.
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 22:38
    "May the peace of God which passes all understanding be and abide in each of you, both now and forever." That's my favorite--especially the "peace that passes all understanding" phrase. Sure wish I could attain it more easily.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 05:571 edit
    The spirit where it wishes blows,
    the sound of it you hear but do not know
    whence it comes nor where it goes—
    all who are born of spirit wayfare so.

—John 3:8 (my rendering)

Note: pneuma can be translated as either wind or spirit; conventional translations render it as wind in the first instance and spirit in the second.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 06:551 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The spirit where it wishes blows,
    the sound of it you hear but do not know
    whence it comes nor where it goes—
    all who are born of spirit wayfare so.

—John 3:8 (my rendering)

Note: pneuma can be translated as either wind or spirit; conventional translations render it as wind in the first instance and spirit in the second.
    You mean like a fart!?
  7. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 12:02
    Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

kings 2:23-24

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree