Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Biblical basis for the Trinity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Hebrews 11:5
King James Version (KJV)

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Again Manny go back and reread the post I sent on Enoch. The fact is NO one was resurrected to heaven before Jesus. If he t ...[text shortened]... f you can't see what this is saying.
Re read my post, look up the scriptures and think on it.
So what the *** happened to him?
*We've established that Enoch did not die. (Did not die means alive)
*We've established that Enoch was taken up. (This answers the next question)
*Now the only question remains where specifically did God take him.

*We know God did not kill Enoch LOL 🙂 which sounds ludicrous to say God killed him.
*We know God took Enoch.

Manny

T

Moves
16 Aug 11

So what do you mean Jesus is a part of the Godhead? Is the Holy Spirit also a part of the Godhead? Are they still a 3 in 1 God by your explination?
What I am pointing out is that the Godhead is made up out of three distinct and separate personalities.

Yes there are three persons in the Godhead but they all fulfil separate functions, Even though they operate in unity,

T

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is no discussion going on here between the Oneness verses
Trinity doctrine. We have been discussing the Trinity Doctrine
verses the Jehovah's Witnesses doctine that denies the Holy Spirit,
the Son, and the Father are persons in the Godhead. The JWs view
the Trinity as a false pagan doctrine. If you want to discuss the
Oneness doctrine I suggest you start a new thread.
It would be nice if you actually took the time to read the articles so that you know what it says.

If you did you would see that I have rejected the oneness doctrine with the required scriptural proofs.

T

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by menace71
Interesting note Jesus was (Is still) the High Priest in the order of Melchizedek. Without beginning or end. Also unlike the Aaronic priesthood the Melchizedek priesthood unites king and priest into one!!

Manny
Kings and priests are associated with political leadership.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11

Originally posted by TravelerT
It would be nice if you actually took the time to read the articles so that you know what it says.

If you did you would see that I have rejected the oneness doctrine with the required scriptural proofs.
Yes, I understand that and so do I. But I was pointing out that
we were not discussing anything about the Oneness doctrine.
The Jehovah's Witnesses surely reject that too.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

I think you are missing the point.
Does it not say in Genesis that at DEATH the body returns to
the dust of the earth and the spirit returns to God that gave it?
But Enoch, body and spirit, was taken up (translated up) so
he should not see DEATH.
So now your going back to the part that his physical body is in heaven. No air, no food, no water but yet the body is there..Okee dokie.
I know what the Bible says and it says NO ONE went to heaven before Jesus. I understand that completely and easily. It seems your the one who doesn't understand and believes the Bible contradicts itself or else you'd understand and would be able to explain this.

The root of the problem with not being able to understand this is not knowing what the body/soul is and what the human spirit is. If you get even one of these wrong you get this result of not understanding this example of Enoch and what God took to heaven............

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11

What I am pointing out is that the Godhead is made up out of three distinct and separate personalities.

Yes there are three persons in the Godhead but they all fulfil separate functions, Even though they operate in unity,
So three personalities within one being?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

So now your going back to the part that his physical body is in heaven. No air, no food, no water but yet the body is there..Okee dokie.
I know what the Bible says and it says NO ONE went to heaven before Jesus. I understand that completely and easily. It seems your the one who doesn't understand and believes the Bible contradicts itself or else you'd ...[text shortened]... this result of not understanding this example of Enoch and what God took to heaven............
You apparently do not have an answer to Mannie's question,
"Where specifically did God take him?"

P.S. By the way, I think I do understand this and my answer to
Mannie would be that Enoch is with God in heaven and is waiting
for the time when he will be called upon to witness in Jerusalem.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by menace71
So what the *** happened to him?
*We've established that Enoch did not die. (Did not die means alive)
*We've established that Enoch was taken up. (This answers the next question)
*Now the only question remains where specifically did God take him.

*We know God did not kill Enoch LOL 🙂 which sounds ludicrous to say God killed him.
*We know God took Enoch.

Manny
From my last post: The root of the problem with not being able to understand this is not knowing what the body/soul is and what the human spirit is. If you get even one of these wrong you get this result of not understanding this example of Enoch and what God took to heaven............

If you look back at that scripture where it says God took him it also says he "Enoch was nowhere to be found" after God took him.

All this means Manny is God saved Enoch from a death from his enemies that would not have been good. God loved Enoch and didn't want to see him die that way. So God simply took his life and took back the spirit or life force that we all have. No where does it say Enoch was still alive and in heaven and still having a conscience thought process going on.
If he were still alive somewhere, there would be some scripture that mentions it or Jesus would have mentioned it. But nothing like that exist in the Bible.
God will in time will resurrect him back to life.

Here is another scripture that explains Jesus being the first resurrected to heaven".

Colossians 1:18
New Living Translation (NLT)

18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.[a]
So he is first in everything.

And another:

1 Corinthians 15:20-23

20 But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead. He is the first of a great harvest of all who have died.

21 So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. 22 Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life. 23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

You apparently do not have an answer to Mannie's question,
"Where specifically did God take him?"

P.S. By the way, I think I do understand this and my answer to
Mannie would be that Enoch is with God in heaven and is waiting
for the time when he will be called upon to witness in Jerusalem.
Sorry but your flat wrong and not even trying to learn. You mentioned one time your too old or something like that to change. Your still wrong and I think you have to much old man pride keeping you from learning...Give it a try.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11

From my last post: The root of the problem with not being able to understand this is not knowing what the body/soul is and what the human spirit is. If you get even one of these wrong you get this result of not understanding this example of Enoch and what God took to heaven............

If you look back at that scripture where it says God took him it ...[text shortened]... s the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.
What Bible translation does it say "Enoch was nowhere to be found" after God
took him. Why should Enoch need to be resurrected, if he has not yet seen
DEATH? Resurrection is for the dead not the living.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11

What Bible translation does it say "Enoch was nowhere to be found" after God
took him. Why should Enoch need to be resurrected, if he has not yet seen
DEATH? Resurrection is for the dead not the living.

5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying—“he disappeared, because God took him.”[a] For before he was taken up, he was known as a person who pleased God.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

5Because of faith Enoch was caught up and transferred to heaven, so that he did not have a glimpse of death; and he was not found, because God had translated him. For even before he was taken to heaven, he received testimony [still on record] that he had pleased and been satisfactory to God.(A)

American Standard Version (ASV)

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God translated him: for he hath had witness borne to him that before his translation he had been well-pleasing unto God:

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

5Faith enabled Enoch to be taken instead of dying. No one could find him, because God had taken him. Scripture states that before Enoch was taken, God was pleased with him.

Need more?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying—“he disappeared, because God took him.”[a] For before he was taken up, he was known as a person who pleased God.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

5Because of faith Enoch was caught up and transferred to heaven, so that he did not h ...[text shortened]... n him. Scripture states that before Enoch was taken, God was pleased with him.

Need more?
That's enough, however, it also says, "Enoch was taken up to heaven
without dying." NLT

This then answers Mannie's question - He was taken up to heaven.
That is why he could not be found on earth.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Aug 11

That's enough, however, it also says, "Enoch was taken up to heaven
without dying." NLT

This then answers Mannie's question - He was taken up to heaven.
That is why he could not be found on earth.
How can you possibly even begin to believe and have any faith in anything the Bible says when you blaintenly ignor all the other scriptures like they don't exist that say NO ONE went to heaven before Jesus and that he was the FIRST? You must have quite a fight in your mind trying to figure this stuff out and make it make sense.
But if one just picks what scriptures they want to back what they stubbornly believe and ignor the rest and if your happy with that, go for it.
Must really be frustrating though....

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Aug 11
1 edit

What you say is true but in the Vedas there are 6 distinctions offered.

1. The Supreme Personality of Godhead.

2. The Super soul God with every living beings heart.

3. Brahman the all pervading spiritual energy of God.

4. All the different incarnations of God.

5. The internal potency of God.

6. The individual soul the son (you and me and your neighbour and Jesus) everyone

All theses distinctions of God are as you say united..... but appear to be separate.