Biblical literalists and literalisms

Biblical literalists and literalisms

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
I'm guessing it's easy enough to recognize parables and poetry, what do you think?
The OP states what I think. Would you like to share what you think? Perhaps you can see what I replied to Josephw and respond yourself?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @josephw
Name one. Good luck.
Could name hundreds,even between the different Gospels, but just to make things nice and simple for you, the God of the OT is not the God of the NT. I repeat, the God of the OT is not the God of the NT. Their characters are so contradictory that to think otherwise beggars belief.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Your nasty jibes have no effect on me josehpw, but they will be having an effect on you.
Not a jibe geester. I would truly be surprised to hear you say you believe Jesus rose from the dead, literally.

So far you have demonstrated you don't believe what the Bible says, picking and choosing only those things that fit into your own paradigm. If you can't believe it, it must not be true. Kinda like an atheist.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Could name hundreds,even between the different Gospels, but just to make things nice and simple for you, the God of the OT is not the God of the NT. I repeat, the God of the OT is not the God of the NT. Their characters are so contradictory that to think otherwise beggars belief.
Well, so far you've given me an example of a personal opinion.

You're obviously having difficulty finding just one example of an error or contradiction.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 17

I don't disagree.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear you say you don't disagree with the assertion that Jesus and the apostle John were lovers.

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

The OP states what I think. Would you like to share what you think? Perhaps you can see what I replied to Josephw and respond yourself?
Would you classify the lake of fire, the screaming and gnashing of teeth and the worm that doesn't die as a parable, analogy, story, poem or song?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 17

Would you classify the lake of fire, the screaming and gnashing of teeth and the worm that doesn't die as a parables, analogy, story, poem or song?
I think divegeester probably thinks Jesus said those things just to scare people into believing in Him. 😛

Moves
26 Sep 17

Not a jibe geester. I would truly be surprised to hear you say you believe Jesus rose from the dead, literally.

So far you have demonstrated you don't believe what the Bible says, picking and choosing only those things that fit into your own paradigm. If you can't believe it, it must not be true. Kinda like an atheist.
I believe that Jesus literally rose from the dead.

What's your next play?

Moves
26 Sep 17

Would you classify the lake of fire, the screaming and gnashing of teeth and the worm that doesn't die as a parable, analogy, story, poem or song?
You first...?

Moves
26 Sep 17

I think divegeester probably thinks Jesus said those things just to scare people into believing in Him. 😛
For the umpteenth time of asking, do you believe that there is a literal hell where Jesus will be torturing all the unsaved with flames for eternity?

Moves
26 Sep 17

Who here believes that the trees of life and of knowledge in genesis are literal trees, with roots and photosynthesis etc?

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

Becker, if you or Josephw find the balls to actually state unequivocally what you believe about eternal suffering, please do let me know.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Sep 17

Well, so far you've given me an example of a personal opinion.

You're obviously having difficulty finding just one example of an error or contradiction.
Not being aware of the glaring contradictions in the bible simply betrays you haven't studied it objectively. '

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 17

For the umpteenth time of asking, do you believe that there is a literal hell where Jesus will be torturing all the unsaved with flames for eternity?
You're off script divegeester. That's why I won't answer.

Frame your question in such a way that reflects the narrative of the Word of God and I will gladly discuss the issue of eternal separation from the life of God.

Use any good translation. Quote the verse or verses related to the lake of fire, hell or Gehenna.

Moves
26 Sep 17

You're off script divegeester. That's why I won't answer.
Lol. What a pussy you are.