1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 18:17
    @kellyjay said
    I agree, and when I inquired about if you are wrong, you didn't respond with what that would mean concerning your answer.
    I am certain that I am 99.999999% right.

Should I modify my beliefs and air on the side of caution due to the remote possibility that I am wrong?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 18:24
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I am certain that I am 99.999999% right.

Should I modify my beliefs and air on the side of caution due to the remote possibility that I am wrong?
    How certain you are was not the question, I asked what if your wrong, what then?
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 18:57
    @kellyjay said
    How certain you are was not the question, I asked what if your wrong, what then?
    Kelly, if there is a 0.0000001% chance of rain, should I prepare myself or be at all concerned about precipitation? Should I carry an umbrella, just in case?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '20 21:50
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Kelly, if there is a 0.0000001% chance of rain, should I prepare myself or be at all concerned about precipitation? Should I carry an umbrella, just in case?
    Assuming you are calculating it all correctly, and are not wrong on with any important variables. You can not even consider being in error?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 07:37
    @kellyjay said
    Assuming you are calculating it all correctly, and are not wrong on with any important variables. You can not even consider being in error?
    Why not answer his question instead of dodging it by asking him one?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 08:23
    @kellyjay said
    Inconceivably small chances of error are literally not worth worrying about.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 10:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Inconceivably small chances of error are literally not worth worrying about.
    Quite full of yourself, you are.
  8. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 10:36
    @kellyjay said
    Can it get darker in a room if those sitting in it are blind?
    Just because you can't see where I am doesn't mean I can't.
  9. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 10:51
    @secondson said
    The more you think about it, the more you realize that the one who blasphemes victimizes their self.
    Quite right. The victim is the person who believes something at variance with doctrine, whether or not the person knows that what he believes is at variance with doctrine. The 'wages' of believing something at variance with doctrine is damnation; there's where the victimization comes in.

Why Torquemada thought it needful to promote blasphemers to eternity in advance of their natural lifespans, I leave to others to figure out for themselves.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 10:57
    @kellyjay said
    Quite full of yourself, you are.
    Thanks Yoda.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 11:02
    @moonbus said
    Just because you can't see where I am doesn't mean I can't.
    If you are blind you are blind, the room getting darker would be lost on you. You could be in the midst of a room with some light, where the light is leaving, turning into a great darkness, you'd not know it since your blind to the light that is.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 11:13
    @kellyjay said
    If you are blind you are blind, the room getting darker would be lost on you. You could be in the midst of a room with some light, where the light is leaving, turning into a great darkness, you'd not know it since your blind to the light that is.
    The light in the room is that God does not exist, but that's okay, you can lead a happy and fulfilled life without him.

Currently, you are blind to that light.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 11:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Thanks Yoda.
    What do you think, someone who cannot be wrong in their own eyes, can they be reasoned with? I think the only thing that can happen with them is they tell everyone else where they are wrong, and when they are not agreed with they find fault.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 11:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The light in the room is that God does not exist, but that's okay, you can lead a happy and fulfilled life without him.

Currently, you are blind to that light.
    You cannot even entertain the idea of be wrong, so everyone else is.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Jan '20 13:26
    @kellyjay said
    You cannot even entertain the idea of be wrong, so everyone else is.
    Kelly, I have already approximated that, to me, the probability of error is 0.00001%

If you were in my shoes, and believed likewise, would you be concerned or troubled by that remote possibility of error? Would it keep you awake at night?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree