1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 19:48
    YouTube

Bloodless hospital told to teach army doctors how to do bloodless surgery.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 20:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAWhRqCjT9w

In a military situation blood for transfusion may not be available. It is a logical move for the US Army medical corp (or whatever they call it) to get some training in how to do it. That there are circumstances where surgery may have to be performed without blood available does not justify the Jehovah's Witnesses hard line on the matter.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 20:27

Are you suggesting they are not using blood because they think blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 21:404 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In a military situation blood for transfusion may not be available. It is a logical move for the US Army medical corp (or whatever they call it) to get some training in how to do it. That there are circumstances where surgery may have to be performed without blood available does not justify the Jehovah's Witnesses hard line on the matter.
    it not only justifies it it provides empirical evidence for it, what is it about it reduces the risk of infection, it reduces the risk of complications, reduces stay in hospital and saves lives and money that you are having trouble with?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 21:475 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you suggesting they are not using blood because they think blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor?
    can you tell us how after watching the video you think that he or it is suggesting and I quote 'that blood carries,'the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor', because try as I might i cannot find a single reference on the video which suggests and I quote that 'blood, carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor'. Nor can I find a single reference in Glavestons post which suggests that. Where has he or the content that he has posted suggested 'that blood carries, the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor',
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 21:48

Indeed, a most excellent video but it seems that despite the technology some people may need to be brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 23:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed, a most excellent video but it seems that despite the technology some people may need to be brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
    like you nuts that think organized religion in it's current form has any future ... hahaha!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 23:491 edit
    can you tell us how after watching the video you think that he or it is suggesting and I quote 'that blood carries,'the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor', because try as I might i cannot find a single reference on the video which suggests and I quote that 'blood, carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor'. Nor can I fi ...[text shortened]... e has posted suggested 'that blood carries, the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor',
    Has this thread got anything to do with what Jehovah's Witness believe about blood transfusions, or is it posted in the wrong forum? The YouTube poster Lekossa, who uploaded this video has a homepage full of JW propaganda about blood transfusions. We have discussed here before the teaching by a JW doctor about how the blood carries the sins, addictions and urges of the donner. If you are claiming that it not part of JW teaching or that you do not subscribe to that teaching then you should just come out and say so.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 00:37
    ...i cannot find a single reference on the video which suggests and I quote that 'blood, carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor'. Nor can I find a single reference in Glavestons post which suggests that.
    Have galveston75's views on blood and "sexual urges, addictions and sins" changed then? Is this thread not about avoiding blood transfusions? Are his views about blood off topic?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 08:502 edits
    Has this thread got anything to do with what Jehovah's Witness believe about blood transfusions, or is it posted in the wrong forum? The YouTube poster Lekossa, who uploaded this video has a homepage full of JW propaganda about blood transfusions. We have discussed here before the teaching by a JW doctor about how the blood carries the sins, addictions a ...[text shortened]... teaching or that you do not subscribe to that teaching then you should just come out and say so.
    you were asked how after watching the video and reading the OPs remarks why you think he (the OP) was suggesting and I quote, ' that blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor'. You will tell us how after watching the presentation and reading the OP comments that you think that he was suggesting, 'that blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor' - thank you, second time asking.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 08:53
    you were asked how after watching the video and reading the OPs remarks why you think he (the OP) was suggesting and I quote, ' that blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor'. You will tell us how after watching the presentation and reading the OP comments that you think that he was suggesting, 'that blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor' - thank you, second time asking.
    Here's what I said:

"Are you suggesting they are not using blood because they think blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor?"

I'm asking Galveston75 a question about his OP.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 09:15
    Here's what I said:

"Are you suggesting they are not using blood because they think blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor?"

I'm asking Galveston75 a question about his OP.
    and I am asking you where you think he suggests 'that blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor', from his Op - third time asking.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 09:26
    and I am asking you where you think he suggests 'that blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor', from his Op - third time asking.
    I did say that he suggests that, I asked him a question.

Third time of responding.

Your turn
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 09:322 edits
    I did say that he suggests that, I asked him a question.

Third time of responding.

Your turn
    yes so tell us what reference you have which led you to believe that he was suggesting that 'blood is bad and carries the sexual urges, addictions and sins of the donor' You are responding but you seem incapable of actually answering the question. Did you simply make it up?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 09:58
    Do you think galveston75's views on blood transfusions are somehow off-limits on this thread?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree