1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My book of Bible stories is a publication designed for children, published by the Watchtower and Bible
    tract society. Here, look at all the pretty pictures that might help googlefudge to develop spirituality.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/my/article_01.htm
    Ahem...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hubble+pictures&num=100&hl=en&safe=off&complete=0&site=webhp&prmd=imvnsa&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=12OVT9GlNeax0AXzm5nbAQ&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=854&sei=2mOVT4jPLcrD0QWM4c3VAQ

Compare with the awesomeness of reality and then give up.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:16
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Last time I tried to read a bible I threw it at the wall in disgust...

You really don't want me to read the bible because all it does is give me more examples of
    how vile it is that I can use against you.

Telling me to read the bible is about the most stupid advice someone who wants me to
    change my view of Christianity can give.
    Well if you think that's bad, you could try reading the theology of scientology some time๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:242 edits
    @googlefudge,

ahem, please note the picture, from the Hubble, of the so called 'eagle nebula', and
    how it adorns the front cover of our publication,

http://www.watchtower.org/e/ct/creator.htm

been there, done that, saw the exhibition.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well if you think that's bad, you could try reading the theology of scientology some time๐Ÿ™‚
    I'll just stick with James Spader trashing it on Boston Legal if that's ok with you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:27
    @googlefudge,

ahem, please note the picture, from the Hubble, of the so called 'eagle nebula', and
    how it adorns the front cover of our publication,

http://www.watchtower.org/e/ct/creator.htm
    Which part of "Telling me to read the bible is about the most stupid advice someone who wants me to
    change my view of Christianity can give." did you not understand?

The fact that you have put in a few of the awesome pictures from Hubble does not make your vile and
    despicable holy books any more palatable.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:331 edit
    Which part of "Telling me to read the bible is about the most stupid advice someone who wants me to
    change my view of Christianity can give." did you not understand?

The fact that you have put in a few of the awesome pictures from Hubble does not make your vile and
    despicable holy books any more palatable.
    I have not advocated reading the Bible to you, fallacy number one, i suggested a
    children's book with pictures. Secondly the picture of the eagle nebula is not intended
    to add legitimacy to our books, fallacy number two, we are instructed in scripture to
    examine these things and draw inferences, thirdly the book is not considered Holy at
    all, which is fallacy number three. dear oh dear googly one, your not doing very well
    today, are you, never mind, have a cappuccino, relax and lighten up.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:38
    Originally posted by JS357
    What about GF are we trying to fix?
    We would like to fix him from being a disgusting Atheist and turn him into a
    decent Christian human being. HalleluYah !!! Let us all pray for him.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    a disgusting Atheist ??? oh dear, oh dear, RJH, where does one start with a statement
    like that.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 14:44
    I can't think of a bigger waste of time, but then it's your time being wasted.

While it would be possible for a god to prove to me that it exists (don't know how
    but it must know if it had the power and intellect ascribed to a god) there is absolutely
    no way I would ever worship one or become a Christian. Ever.

I also have to say I like the open bigotry here, very Christian of you.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 15:02
    My book of Bible stories is a publication designed for children, published by the Watchtower and Bible
    tract society. Here, look at all the pretty pictures that might help googlefudge to develop spirituality.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/my/article_01.htm
    im pretty sure thats the book the jws dropped off for my daughter a few years back. to be honest you need to splash out on some new illustrations if you want to appeal to a younger generation. a bunch of very white middle eastern dudes with 70's hair cuts and prozac smiles just doesnt cut it with todays savvy kids. it all looks a bit wierd. you need to get some proper illustrations have a look at kids books today the art work is very sophisticated.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 16:52
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im pretty sure thats the book the jws dropped off for my daughter a few years back. to be honest you need to splash out on some new illustrations if you want to appeal to a younger generation. a bunch of very white middle eastern dudes with 70's hair cuts and prozac smiles just doesnt cut it with todays savvy kids. it all looks a bit wierd. you need to ...[text shortened]... t some proper illustrations have a look at kids books today the art work is very sophisticated.
    You mean something like this?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dg3MyZHBAGc/TjjDdVITvDI/AAAAAAAARWY/fTKpINRIlcw/s1600/awesome+dinosaurs+lasers.jpg?iact=hc&vpx=187&vpy=219&dur=2931&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=177&ty=115&sig=107416211198315280842&ei=bIiVT-r5GoHA0QWGp-SEAg&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:84
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 17:21
    Let us pray for the success of Atheism! Jallalooyah!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 17:38
    I can't think of a bigger waste of time, but then it's your time being wasted.

While it would be possible for a god to prove to me that it exists (don't know how
    but it must know if it had the power and intellect ascribed to a god) there is absolutely
    no way I would ever worship one or become a Christian. Ever.

I also have to say I like the open bigotry here, very Christian of you.
    Maybe, that is why He does not bother proving anything to you.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im pretty sure thats the book the jws dropped off for my daughter a few years back. to be honest you need to splash out on some new illustrations if you want to appeal to a younger generation. a bunch of very white middle eastern dudes with 70's hair cuts and prozac smiles just doesnt cut it with todays savvy kids. it all looks a bit wierd. you need to ...[text shortened]... t some proper illustrations have a look at kids books today the art work is very sophisticated.
    actually its for children under six, who have no concept of Prozac smiles or 70's
    haircuts. I used to take magazines to a family whose mum was not interested but she
    said that her daughter loved to read them so she requested that i bring them which i
    was happy to do. The illustrations are fine for children.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 13:26
    You mean something like this?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dg3MyZHBAGc/TjjDdVITvDI/AAAAAAAARWY/fTKpINRIlcw/s1600/awesome+dinosaurs+lasers.jpg?iact=hc&vpx=187&vpy=219&dur=2931&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=177&ty=115&sig=107416211198315280842&ei=bIiVT-r5GoHA0QWGp-SEAg&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:84
    i dont know how old you are but that reminds me of zoids, ill say no more on the matter though, i dont want it getting out that im a giant sci-fi geek and loose my super cool image that im working on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree