1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 23:38
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Really ? Why do you say so ? Do not go through the Bhagavat Geeta in a casual fashion or at a fast clip. One chapter ( of the central main chapters anyway) per week is what I would recommend, then ruminate about what you have read and then come back here.
    Start with the 2nd Chapter.
    Compared to Zen literature I find it pedestrian.

But hey, each to their own. I will re-read (prolly on the loo) chapter 2 and see if it stirs me 🙂
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 09:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As for the British rule, it was rule by contempt for sure but things were not a whole lot better a thousand years before that with the immutable force of the caste system. You claim the caste system is gone from India but I can say for a fact it is not in fact gone, but only somewhat subdued. My son in law is from Tamil Nadu and my co-workers are Gujarati n ...[text shortened]... become say, a muslim? How does the Hindu community react to that person? A true answer please.
    Answer to your last question first. Hindus in the local area will get shocked if a Hindu converts to Islam. The hullabaloo will go on in the concerned local community for a few days and the ripples will die down. Nobody will be even remember the incident after a few days.
    This is a true answer, as you desired me to give. But I do not lie when answering questions on this forum. So, I felt puzzled when you specifically asked for a true answer.
    You are mixing up the Hindu caste system with the contents of Hindu spiritual thought.
    Hindu Spiritual thought has been contributed to by Hindus across the entire caste system. All Hindu devotees sing the " bhajans " ( or the chants in praise of God ) composed by people belonging to all Hindu castes.
    While the caste system crippled the potential of our society and created and almost perpetuated great injustice, it is no longer relevant in Hindu Society.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree