1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dude i believe you, perhaps its spiritualistic, Bible does condemn that sort of thing,
    as I have never seen the film myself, I cannot confirm or deny what it contains...
    You haven't seen it and yet you suggest that it falls foul of Deuteronomy. Did someone tell you not to watch it? Had they seen it?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some bits of Deuteronomy are still OK; some bits of Deuteronomy are not OK anymore? You just decide for yourself do you?
    FMF I have ignored your posts for the very reason that you reduce every single thread
    to a personal level, when you start to behave, ill answer your posts, until that time, I
    have nothing of import to say about me, personally.
  3. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:551 edit
    this is my sis https://twitter.com/foiltags she love god she tells me every day d
    tell her your self
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    this is my sis https://twitter.com/foiltags she love god she tells me every day d
    She is on her honey moon in the born again experience.

You REALLY should sit down with her and read a chapter from the New Testament along with her. That would make her so happy. She is going to need your support and not your opposition.

(I hope you are not pretending to be younger than you really are )
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 13:592 edits
    FMF I have ignored your posts for the very reason that you reduce every single thread
    to a personal level, when you start to behave, ill answer your posts, until that time, I
    have nothing of import to say about me, personally.
    I'll reword the question then. Some bits of Deuteronomy are still OK; some bits of Deuteronomy are not OK anymore? How is it decided?

And here's another smack-bang-on-topic question you dodged just now: You haven't seen [the Harry Potter film in question] and yet you suggest that it falls foul of Deuteronomy. Did someone tell you not to watch it? Had they seen it?
  6. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    She is on her honey moon in the born again experience.

You REALLY should sit down with her and read a chapter from the New Testament along with her. That would make her so happy. She is going to need your support and not your opposition.
    i don't understand all this > speak to my sister fay! she will explain it all - believe or not - tell her tim sent you

https://twitter.com/foiltags
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll reword the question then. Some bits of Deuteronomy are still OK; some bits of Deuteronomy are not OK anymore? How is it decided?
    If you want, I'll talk about this a bit with you. But you'll get some longer posts because it is not a trivial question.

I mean, I like to go to Red Lobster and eat shrimp and sea animals with no fins. So what gives ? Right ?

That's kind of what you're getting at ? Why does the Bible believer not strictly adhere to the Levitical injunctions and ordinances in all things ?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:11
    I mean, I like to go to Red Lobster and eat shrimp and sea animals with no fins. So what gives ? Right ? That's kind of what you're getting at ?
    No that's not what I am getting at, so don't bother with my question - certainly not on my account.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No that's not what I am getting at, so don't bother with my question - certainly not on my account.
    Okay. I'll stay out of it. But when you say -

I assume you do mean how does the God seeker decide which laws of Moses are binding and which are not.

Thus I used a typical example - instructions on which animals were "clean" for the Hebrews to eat and which were "unclean".

Carry on.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:21
    Originally posted by tim88
    my sister was a born again christian - she wouldn't let my niece watch harry potter( if your a born again you cant watch harry )but one day my sister was away for the day in melbourne we are from mildura 600km away so what did i do that's right i let her watch it my niece! anyway my sister found out and boy did i get an ear full - I explained why i think her ...[text shortened]... is and i'm so glad she listened to me her little brother timmy!

so why are you born again?
    I think the only issue is with maturity of the children. However I think it's sad when lots of Christians freak out about "Harry Potter" LOL it's a good story about good and evil and good wins in the end. Imagination for kids is good. Look at the stuff C.S. Lewis wrote for example.

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:23
    why was she reticent about letting the children watch harry potter, could it be that it
    contains elements expressly condemned in the Bible?
    It's a fictional story !!!!!!

Manny
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:23
    I assume you do mean how does the God seeker decide which laws of Moses are binding and which are not.
    I've read long, long posts by you on this kind of thing before and was left thoroughly unconvinced. So please do not spend any more time on it on my account.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've read long, long posts by you on this kind of thing before and was left thoroughly unconvinced. So please do not spend any more time on it on my account.
    Jaywill likes to hear himself talk hence the long posts. Here is what Paul said:
    Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
    (1 Corinthians 10:25-29)

Basically, eat whatever you like, unless you think that some other weak person might be affected by what you eat then you can refrain. The same applies to all of the trivial OT laws which were not repeated by Christ. These are not issues to be concerned about. Looking at a movie regardless of the content is a trivial matter. If it does not affect SOME OTHER WEAK PERSON then go for it.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:31
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think the only issue is with maturity of the children. However I think it's sad when lots of Christians freak out about "Harry Potter" LOL it's a good story about good and evil and good wins in the end. Imagination for kids is good. Look at the stuff C.S. Lewis wrote for example.

Manny
    I agree with you about "freaking out."

A Christian parent has to exercise some forebearance and wisdom. The surrounding culture is prevailing. And you have to be guarded but not too reactionary.

You liberally try to steer them towards the relatively more wholesome, perhaps ? Over reaction and legalism can damage kids. And by the time they get to be teenagers they have well developed the fine art of doing at their friend's house without your knowledge, what you would not have done at home.

When my teenager told me all the movies he saw, I was surprised. Then I learned the litany of films were enjoyed at his friend's house. You may never know.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '12 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jaywill likes to hear himself talk hence the long posts. Here is what Paul said:
    [quote]Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no que the content is a trivial matter. If it does not affect SOME OTHER WEAK PERSON then go for it.
    lol.

I like to hear you talk too, when it is truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree