born again christian

born again christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
On page one robbie stated that Bible condemns Harry Potter. This was the verse (Deuteronomy 18:10-13) he cited to support the assertion:

There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a
practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds ot ...[text shortened]... g them away from before you. You should prove yourself faultless with Jehovah your God.
So does Robbie condemn it or does the Bible? Which do you mean or do you just say whatever comes out?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by galveston75
I think if you go back and LOOK at what he said, not what you think he said, you just might somehow, maybe even by accident see what he actually said. Give it a try...
But from your long line of misunderstand almost everything Robbie and myself say I doubt you will actually go back and look? Am I right?
I have looked at it. Page 1. Robbie stated that Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter. He cited Deuteronomy 18:10-13to support the assertion.

What is your view on the Bible's stance on stuff like Harry Potter?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
I have looked at it. Page 1. Robbie stated that Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter. He cited Deuteronomy 18:10-13to support the assertion.

So does Robbie condemn it or does the Bible? Which do you mean or do you just say whatever comes out?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF

So what verse in the Bible says it condemns Harry Potter?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

So in your view the Bible condemns it, and robbie quotes the Bible as condemning it, but robbie himself doesn't condemn it?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

So what verse in the Bible says it condemns Harry Potter?
Robbie suggested Deuteronomy 18:10-13.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Robbie suggested Deuteronomy 18:10-13.

So what does that scripture say that would make Robbie say what he did?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

So what does that scripture say that would make Robbie say what he did?
The scripture was provided by robbie. It's there for you to see.

Why are you dodging this question? What is your view on the Bible's stance on stuff like Harry Potter?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
The scripture was provided by robbie. It's there for you to see.

Why are you dodging this question? What is your view on the Bible's stance on stuff like Harry Potter?
Lol. You dodge so clearly and you call me doing that? You are so slippery at times it's outragious.
You always belittle the BIG issue being discussed and play this stupid game.

You either answer why Robbie qouted this scripture and his applying it this movie which is what this thread is about ( I honestly know you can't ) or this conversation is over.

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

Lol. You dodge so clearly and you call me doing that? You are so slippery at times it's outragious.
You always belittle the BIG issue being discussed and play this stupid game.
This is just deflection on your part.

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

You either answer why Robbie qouted this scripture and his applying it this movie which is what this thread is about ( I honestly know you can't ) or this conversation is over.
Why did robbie quote this scripture? Well, clearly, robbie quoted the scripture in order to support his assertion that the Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter. What is your view on the Bible's stance on stuff like Harry Potter?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why did robbie quote this scripture? Well, clearly, robbie quoted the scripture in order to support his assertion that the Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter. What is your view on the Bible's stance on stuff like Harry Potter?
Sooooooo what does this scripture say that would make Robbie us it????????????

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
This is just deflection on your part.
Lol...... I think if you look back I asked my question first but it doesn't matter does it?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

Sooooooo what does this scripture say that would make Robbie us it????????????
He uses that quote from scripture because he apparently reckons its content supports his assertion that the Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter. I myself am more inclined to agree with Rajk999's take on this, which is that the Bible cannot be used to condemn a film of this kind. So we know robbie's view [maybe], and we know Rajk999's view, and I have stated my view. I'll ask you again for the fourth or fifth time, what is your view on the Bible's stance on stuff like Harry Potter?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

Lol...... I think if you look back I asked my question first but it doesn't matter does it?
I have answered your question several times. What is your view on the application of Deuteronomy 18:10-13 to stuff like Harry Potter?