born again christian

born again christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You'd seen clips of Harry Potter films and you didn't realize it was "fantasy"?
No i thought it was real.🙄

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so you have no plausible reason why Tim88's sister had reservations about letting the
children watch Harry Potter, fine, all else is irrelevant as far as i can discern, so you
dont think its in any way connected, well ok, but she must of had a reason. I dont
agree with your stance, the Bible condemns sorcery etc , whether it matters whether it ...[text shortened]... on television as
far as i can discern, for entertainment, even though it might be fictional.
You cannot tell the difference between ..

- actual people being killed for real in a fight to the death in the Colosseum

and

- people or computer graphics pretending to do magic/sorcery/being killed etc.

Now thats funny ..😀

The film The Ten Commandments contains Egyptian sorcerers doing magic etc. Would you likewise not watch such a film?

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
You cannot tell the difference between ..

- actual people being killed for real in a fight to the death in the Colosseum

and

- people or computer graphics pretending to do magic/sorcery/being killed etc.

Now thats funny ..😀

The film The Ten Commandments contains Egyptian sorcerers doing magic etc. Would you likewise not watch such a film?
no i can tell the difference that one is fantasy and the other real, there is no difference
that persons are being killed for entertainment whether real or fantasy and as you
have not explained why its different, other than because you say it is on the basis that
one is fantasy and the other real, i suspect as usual you really dont know why its any
different because you have not thought about it. Your reasoning is non existent as
usual.

why were the Israelites warned to avoid it if it is harmless, as you seem to be
suggesting. As for the ten commandments, it is clear that magic and sorcery are not
being portrayed in a good light, are they, such twisted reasoning can not negate
these simple facts.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 12

no i can tell the difference that one is fantasy and the other real, there is no difference
that persons are being killed for entertainment whether real or fantasy and as you
have not explained why its different, other than because you say it is on the basis that
one is fantasy and the other real, i suspect as usual you really dont know why its ...[text shortened]...

why were the Israelites warned to avoid it if it is harmless, as you seem to be
suggesting.
No horses were hurt in the making of 'Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows'
Unfortunately the 25 people you saw die on the screen did actually die.

Warner Brothers
😀

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
No horses were hurt in the making of 'Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows'
Unfortunately the 25 people you saw die on the screen did actually die.

Warner Brothers
😀
watching gratuitous violence and people being killed for entertainments sake is
Christian, how?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 12

watching gratuitous violence and people being killed for entertainments sake is
Christian, how?
It is like a play. Nobody is being killed.

Do you have any indication that there is any part of the Bible which condemns acting or drama ? Im pretty sure there was drama in the time of the Apostles.

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by tim88
i understand all that but why change the rulers why couldn't my niece see harry potter the movie? if you were catholic or christian this would be fine
What has not being allowed to watch a movie got to do with being "born again"?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12
2 edits

I dont
agree with your stance, the Bible condemns sorcery etc , whether it matters whether its
in fantasy form remains to be seen and you have provided no reason why it should be
dismissed merely on the basis that its fantasy.
So you do think the Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter or you don't? You seem to have been trying to have it both ways across the last few pages.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
I'll reword the question then. Some bits of Deuteronomy are still OK; some bits of Deuteronomy are not OK anymore? How is it decided?

And here's another smack-bang-on-topic question you dodged just now: You haven't seen [the Harry Potter film in question] and yet you suggest that it falls foul of Deuteronomy. Did someone tell you not to watch it? Had they seen it?
He doesn't have to have anyone to tell him what not to watch it. A person with a Bible trained conscience and knowing what God does not approve of usually lets one know what to watch or not to watch.
Ones who do not let themselves be guided by God's spirit and do not allow themselves to have that education usually don't see the dangers in seeing such movies.

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by galveston75
He doesn't have to have anyone to tell him what not to watch it. A person with a Bible trained conscience and knowing what God does not approve of usually lets one know what to watch or not to watch.
Do you think robbie is right to cite Deuteronomy 18:10-13 in his condemnation of Harry Potter?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

my moral condemnation? are you in your senses? how does citing a Biblical verse, which
may or may not provide a reason as to why someone else, who is not me, equate in
your twisted world to, my moral condemnation, you are frothing at the mouth, please
try to control yourself.
He never gives up does he? I think he's almost entertaining if nothing else or else he really doesn't get it. Who knows.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think robbie is right to cite Deuteronomy 18:10-13 in his condemnation of Harry Potter?
Where did he condemn it? I can't find it...

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

He never gives up does he? I think he's almost entertaining if nothing else or else he really doesn't get it. Who knows.....
I really don't get what? robbie said that the Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter and even quoted a verse, but then he started back peddling, saying he doesn't personally condemn it even if the Bible does, and then he started being insulting, and then he suggested that Harry Potter doesn't matter because it's only fantasy, and now he seems to have said it does matter and it should be condemned even if it is only fantasy. What is it you think I don't get about robbie's assertions on this thread?

F

Moves
19 Jul 12

Where did he condemn it? I can't find it...
On page one robbie stated that Bible condemns Harry Potter. This was the verse (Deuteronomy 18:10-13) he cited to support the assertion:

There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a
practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable things Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you. You should prove yourself faultless with Jehovah your God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
I really don't get what? robbie said that the Bible condemns stuff like Harry Potter and even quoted a verse, but then he started back peddling, saying he doesn't personally condemn it even if the Bible does, and then he started being insulting, and then he suggested that Harry Potter doesn't matter because it's only fantasy, and now he seems to have said it doe ...[text shortened]... s only fantasy. What is it you think I don't get about robbie's assertions on this thread?
I think if you go back and LOOK at what he said, not what you think he said, you just might somehow, maybe even by accident see what he actually said. Give it a try...
But from your long line of misunderstand almost everything Robbie and myself say I doubt you will actually go back and look? Am I right?