1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 19:12
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    If you do teach this good news as you say, what is this good news?

That we don't have to perish, that we have everlasting life (John 3:16), that we can now choose not to sin, that we can have holy spirit in us without condition like in the old testament, that God will meet our needs, that we can be healed,that God and Jesus fellowship w ...[text shortened]... the gospel goes on and on with blessings that are too numerous to write on my lunch 1/2 hour.
    So no comments on Matt the 24th and 28th chapters on the public teaching work Jesus told us all to do? Does this not apply to you or others who say they are saved and maybe don't really read all the Bible as you say is really not needed now?
  2. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 22:093 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So what number of humans going to heaven would you be happy with?
    I asked you a series of questions a few post ago. No comments?
    Sorry I must have missed that as I'm not here every day.

I'm not looking for any number to be happy with, in fact it is not something I think about at all, but I can see that you do a lot. It seems strange that a religious group would make a big thing about something that is really quite inconsequential here on earth and in fact it is something that actually raises more questions and raised eyebrows than actually just being religious does. It is almost as though it is an exercise in flag waving by your church.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '13 23:50
    Originally posted by Velns
    Sorry I must have missed that as I'm not here every day.

I'm not looking for any number to be happy with, in fact it is not something I think about at all, but I can see that you do a lot. It seems strange that a religious group would make a big thing about something that is really quite inconsequential here on earth and in fact it is something that actual ...[text shortened]... being religious does. It is almost as though it is an exercise in flag waving by your church.
    Isn't the truth of all matters in the Bible a matter of concern to you or is it just a whatever outlook you have as many do? Is that acceptable to God or is he also just a whatever you want to think or believe kind of God?
    What does he say in the Bible about truth and knowing the truth and what consequences it can have on your future?
  4. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 04:30
    Isn't the truth of all matters in the Bible a matter of concern to you or is it just a whatever outlook you have as many do? Is that acceptable to God or is he also just a whatever you want to think or believe kind of God?
    What does he say in the Bible about truth and knowing the truth and what consequences it can have on your future?
    I am just a casual but interested observer in these matters, you are a disciple of your religion and it seems you have made up your mind regarding truth. Once a mind is made up that it has the truth, it stops seeking. I get the impression you have your own settled version of truth for all matters.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 04:57
    I am just a casual but interested observer in these matters, you are a disciple of your religion and it seems you have made up your mind regarding truth. Once a mind is made up that it has the truth, it stops seeking. I get the impression you have your own settled version of truth for all matters.
    Your wrong on that. I'm always learning and never get tired of learning and one has to be open to that and be willing to be corrected by God and accept that if and when it happens and it will because as the Bible itself says, the light will get brighter and brighter as time goes by. That sometimes includes corrections on what we may think we know or feel is right.
    So no my mind is not close to being closed at all...
  6. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 05:16
    Your wrong on that. I'm always learning and never get tired of learning and one has to be open to that and be willing to be corrected by God and accept that if and when it happens and it will because as the Bible itself says, the light will get brighter and brighter as time goes by. That sometimes includes corrections on what we may think we know or feel is right.
    So no my mind is not close to being closed at all...
    I good open position. Do you accept that you could be wrong on you particular interpretation about this 144,000 people in heaven matter?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 15:44
    I good open position. Do you accept that you could be wrong on you particular interpretation about this 144,000 people in heaven matter?
    Nope not on that one. To much in the Bible makes it a real number. Jesus himself said it was a little flock and when he taked about the other flock or "great crowd" it was said that it was a number "that no man could put a number on". So that strongly indicates that the "little flock" would have an exact number and that could be counted.
    Again the number 144,000 is in the Bible and all the descriptions around it is for that purpose of telling how many will be in heaven with Jesus.

I know it seems to be streaching it that we do understand completely that this number is a factual one in light that all other christian religions are confused by it or just ignor this number that is in everyone of their bibles. They are taught that ALL good people go to heaven after death. No where in the Bible is that ever said by anyone, the writers or by quotes from others.
  8. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    17 Aug '13 17:04
    Nope not on that one. To much in the Bible makes it a real number. Jesus himself said it was a little flock and when he taked about the other flock or "great crowd" it was said that it was a number "that no man could put a number on". So that strongly indicates that the "little flock" would have an exact number and that could be counted.
    Again the numb ...[text shortened]... . No where in the Bible is that ever said by anyone, the writers or by quotes from others.
    You must feel comforted and secure knowing you are a member of an organisation which you believe has everything correct in terms of its understanding of the Bible, or am I being presumptuous and this is not the case? Sorry if I've got that wrong.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 13:452 edits
    nm
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 13:521 edit
    You must feel comforted and secure knowing you are a member of an organisation which you believe has everything correct in terms of its understanding of the Bible, or am I being presumptuous and this is not the case? Sorry if I've got that wrong.
    They think they are correct on God forbidding the giving of blood to save lives by blood transfusions. That one thing should tell you how screwed up they are. The 144,000 are natural descendants of Jacob (Israel) according to the Revelation account. Jehovah's Witnesses are not even mentioned there.

The Instructor
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 15:40
    It's not being presumptuos on your part or mine. The bible makes it clear that most would not be following him and doing his will and in fact most unfortunently would loose their lifes over it at armegeddon. That is a sad fact and one that we do all we can to do just as Jesus told his followers to do and that was to go out and teach and educate all that would listen and gain the knowledge that most churches do not teach or even know about. We would love all to come to the accurate knowledge that God says is required to gain life in the future world that he promisses.
    But he cleary says that most would stay on the "broad and spacious road that leads to death".
    So in turn he says that few would be the ones that find life.

Does this not indicate that it is a small few that would have it right and be doing just as God and his son are trying to get all humans to do?
    It is open to all and always have been but the time is running out.

Plus the Bible says that he, Jehovah would have a people for his name. Many here deny his name as most of the world does.
    We embrace it and tell everyone what it is even though most do not care or ignor it.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 15:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They think they are correct on God forbidding the giving of blood to save lives by blood transfusions. That one thing should tell you how screwed up they are. The 144,000 are natural descendants of Jacob (Israel) according to the Revelation account. Jehovah's Witnesses are not even mentioned there.

The Instructor
    Lol. So neither are you but yet you put yourself in among this special group. How foolish you think.
    You have no idea who they are, what they'll be doing and why they do it. So who gives you the insight of all this that you don't even understand?
  13. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 17:231 edit
    It's not being presumptuos on your part or mine. The bible makes it clear that most would not be following him and doing his will and in fact most unfortunently would loose their lifes over it at armegeddon. That is a sad fact and one that we do all we can to do just as Jesus told his followers to do and that was to go out and teach and educate all that does.
    We embrace it and tell everyone what it is even though most do not care or ignor it.
    I have no intention of being rude but I don't want to be a Jehovah's Witness, it is shame if joining your church is the only way to the afterlife.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 19:47
    I have no intention of being rude but I don't want to be a Jehovah's Witness, it is shame if joining your church is the only way to the afterlife.
    I understand. But if not ours, what if that was still the only way?

What has history shown? Did not something very simular accure with Noah and the flood? What happened to those who did not heed the warnings that Noah gave for decades? Do you think God only wanted those eight to live thru the flood?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '13 20:101 edit
    What has history shown? Did not something very simular accure with Noah and the flood? What happened to those who did not heed the warnings that Noah gave for decades? Do you think God only wanted those eight to live thru the flood?
    Are you paralleling yourself to Noah, and your church to his ark?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree