Born again!

Born again!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
I cant believe you still saying the same thing Galveston. The Bible says nothing about Noah preaching or warning anyone. Thats the crux of your problem.
2 Peter 2:5

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by Velns
This is interesting. Earlier in this thread Galveston75 seemed to be implying that Noah's ark was a representation of the Jehovah's Witness church and therefore the only way to escape the metaphorical flood of the coning times, but if Noah never preached to the masses then the typification does not work as the Jehovah's witnesses always go door to door. It doe ...[text shortened]... Jehovah's witnesses are too. Also maybe the modern ark is something other than their church.
Hummm....Don't recall ever saying anything of the sort. Where was it I said that?
And no it is not a waist of time as we are pretty much the fastest growing religion in the world. I believe there is something like 6 congregations started every day or 2200 a year on the planet by ones who are interested and do get baptized and in turn go out to find others who are looking for the future that God says we could all have if we leave all false religions.
Maybe you have some misunderstandings about us. It sounds like it....

Here you go if you are interested: http://en.az24.info/jehovahswitnesses/2012-jehovahswitnesses.html

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
2 Peter 2:5
This:

2 Pet 2:5 .. but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Is a very very long way off from your version of:

.. He had Noah go out and preach to all what he had planed in the future for all humans that did not change their ways and turn back to God and live a good and decent life... And if God did not have Noah go out and do all he could to find a listening ear ..... For decades Noah went out to warn them all while he was still building the ark.

Embellishing and dramatizing does not help in adult Bible discussions. That kind of story telling is good in sunday school.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

This:

2 Pet 2:5 .. but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Is a very very long way off from your version of:

[i] .. He had Noah go out and preach to all what he had planed in the future for all humans that did not change their ways and turn back to God and live a g ...[text shortened]... g does not help in adult Bible discussions. That kind of story telling is good in sunday school.
Well take it or leave it. Whatever he spoke of it was what God told him to do. You said he did nothing but yet here is the scripture where it says he did.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by Phranny
I’m a born again heathen. We all come into the world heathens and are promptly indoctrinated into the faith of our fathers (and mothers). Some of us develop an intellect, realize he dogma of all organized religions have obscured the true values put forth by their founders and we become humanist heathens and often refer to ourselves as agnostic or atheist.
I would rather refer to myself as a Christian, even if I can not live up to the title.

The Instructor

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

Well take it or leave it. Whatever he spoke of it was what God told him to do. You said he did nothing but yet here is the scripture where it says he did.
I never said Noah did nothing. I said that the Bible does not tell us that he preached and warned people about their lives or about the flood. Peter saying that Noah was a preacher of righteousness does not mean you are at liberty to expand on it and make an interesting story along those lines to your liking. That should be left for movie makers not for Bible scholars which you claim to be.

What you also ignore is that the Genesis account said clearly that God made up his mind to destroy mankind before telling Noah.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

I never said Noah did nothing. I said that the Bible does not tell us that he preached and warned people about their lives or about the flood. Peter saying that Noah was a preacher of righteousness does not mean you are at liberty to expand on it and make an interesting story along those lines to your liking. That should be left for movie makers not for Bibl ...[text shortened]... e Genesis account said clearly that God made up his mind to destroy mankind before telling Noah.
So in your opinion what did Noah tell all that he talked to?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I would rather refer to myself as a Christian, even if I can not live up to the title.

The Instructor
Then change your title....

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

So in your opinion what did Noah tell all that he talked to?
I dont need opinions when discussing the Bible. The reason for all the thousands of Christian sects is everyone has an opinion when eventually turn to 'facts' and 'truth'. I dont do that. I take what the Bible says and leave it at that.

Peter said Noah preached righteousness. Thats all we need to repeat. He preached righteousness.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13

I dont need opinions when discussing the Bible. The reason for all the thousands of Christian sects is everyone has an opinion when eventually turn to 'facts' and 'truth'. I dont do that. I take what the Bible says and leave it at that.

Peter said Noah preached righteousness. Thats all we need to repeat. He preached righteousness.
So what did he talk about? The beautiful weather? Of course not so it had to be something to do with the subject at hand which was the coming flood. That is why he was scoffed at because first of all no one even knew what rain was.
Then they didn't believe in God or that he had actually spoken to Noah.
So connecting those issues together it would have to have been about the flood and the warning that they were all going to perish if no changes were made to their life's.

"Jehovah is patient despite extreme provocation, as we can see from the way he dealt with wickedness before the Flood. The earth was then filled with immorality and violence, and Jehovah was “hurt at his heart” because of the degenerate condition of man. (Gen. 6:2-8) He would not tolerate that situation forever, so he determined to bring a flood upon disobedient mankind. While “the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days,” Jehovah made preparations to save Noah and his family. (1 Pet. 3:20) At the appropriate time, Jehovah informed Noah of this decision and assigned him to build an ark. (Gen. 6:14-22) In addition, Noah was “a preacher of righteousness,” telling his neighbors of the impending destruction. (2 Pet. 2:5)
Jesus said that our time is similar to the days of Noah. Jehovah has decided when he will bring this wicked system to an end. No human knows the “day and hour” when that will come. (Matt. 24:36) At this time, we have the God-given work of warning people and telling them how they can be saved." Watchtower magazine.

So Jesus himself said the days of the flood will be like the end days of this system. This is what the JW's have been doing for over a hundred years now which is this warning work to let everyone know another destruction of mankind is coming.
We do not go out and tell everyone it is to late but just the opposite and that there is still time to change and this is what Noah was telling all he could speak with.
Again Jesus himself said these two times are very similar in many ways.
This explains what Noah was telling all the humans before the flood.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
27 Aug 13

Hummm....Don't recall ever saying anything of the sort. Where was it I said that?
And no it is not a waist of time as we are pretty much the fastest growing religion in the world. I believe there is something like 6 congregations started every day or 2200 a year on the planet by ones who are interested and do get baptized and in turn go out to find oth ...[text shortened]... you go if you are interested: http://en.az24.info/jehovahswitnesses/2012-jehovahswitnesses.html
Yes you did say that Galveston 75. Page 4 2nd post from the bottom, on response to me saying that it would be a shame if the Jehovah's Witness church was the only way to the afterlife.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

.. That is why he was scoffed at because first of all no one even knew what rain was....
Nobody knew what rain was?!!
Excuse me?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Aug 13
2 edits

Nobody knew what rain was?!!
Excuse me?
I hope your kidding.... Do you remember the first rainbow that man ever saw? Not one mention of rain of anykind before the flood?

"At an early point in the history of the preparation of the earth, “God had not made it rain upon the earth,” but “a mist would go up from the earth and it watered the entire surface of the ground.” The time referred to is evidently early on the third creative “day,” before vegetation appeared. (Ge 2:5, 6; 1:9-13.) The first instance in the Biblical record when rain is specifically mentioned as falling is in the account of the Flood. Then “the floodgates of the heavens were opened,” and “the downpour upon the earth went on for forty days and forty nights.”—Ge 7:11, 12; 8:2.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 13

I hope your kidding.... Do you remember the first rainbow that man ever saw? Not one mention of rain of anykind before the flood?

"At an early point in the history of the preparation of the earth, “God had not made it rain upon the earth,” but “a mist would go up from the earth and it watered the entire surface of the ground.” The time referred to ...[text shortened]... ,” and “the downpour upon the earth went on for forty days and forty nights.”—Ge 7:11, 12; 8:2.
Again .. opinions and conclusions. These are not factual.

First the Genesis 2 statement of no rain was before man was expelled from the Garden of Eden, actually it was before man was even made. There was no rain but just a mist to water the garden.

Almost 2000 years after that in the time of Noah are you really serious about extrapolating 'no rain' in the Garden of Eden to mean no rain fell therafter until the flood?

That is totally unreasonable.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 13

Again .. opinions and conclusions. These are not factual.

First the Genesis 2 statement of no rain was before man was expelled from the Garden of Eden, actually it was before man was even made. There was no rain but just a mist to water the garden.

Almost 2000 years after that in the time of Noah are you really serious about extrapolating 'no rain' in ...[text shortened]... rden of Eden to mean no rain fell therafter until the flood?

That is totally unreasonable.
And that is your opinion. You know it is ok to still learn something new no matter what age you are or how much you think you know. Right?
So think again about the rainbow. If there had always been rain, there would have always been rainbows. But there wasn't. If so this rainbow that God let Noah and his family see would have been barely noticed.
But God himself said the rainbow was now a sign that he would never flood the earth again. If there had always been rainbows then god saying this would not have the meaning and power that it did.

Plus the mist that God have come up every night to water the earth worked just fine. Do you doubt that it couldn't work just because man was on earth?
Is that unreasonable as you say?
I say prove to me that it did rain before the flood. All the indications in the bible and commen sense would show the water canopy above the earth before the flood is what God mostly used to cause the flood. If it did rain as it does now, the water canopy wouldn't have held as much moisture or even exist to help at all with the amount of water needed to flood the earth.