Bowing to Mary is a Sin!

Bowing to Mary is a Sin!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
15 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Wrong again, RB; that's John the Baptist speaking, not Jesus. So where does Jesus talk about the "wrath of God"?
John the Baptist did not write the book of John, LOL.

And if you read Chapter 3 Jesus is talking to Nicodemus

John 3
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
3In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]”

4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

9“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10“You are Israel's teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven–the Son of Man.[d] 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[e]

16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”[h]

John the Baptist's Testimony About Jesus
22After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized. 23Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were constantly coming to be baptized. 24(This was before John was put in prison.) 25An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew[i] over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan–the one you testified about–well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.”
27To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Christ[j] but am sent ahead of him.’ 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must become greater; I must become less.

31“The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[k] gives the Spirit without limit. 35The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.”

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

Wrong again, RB; that's John the Baptist speaking, not Jesus. So where does Jesus talk about the "wrath of God"?
See you don't even read your Bible so if anyone is off it would be you LOL.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
See you don't even read your Bible so if anyone is off it would be you LOL.
I read it fine, dimwit: 26They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan–the one you testified about–well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.”
27To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Christ[j] but am sent ahead of him.’ 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must become greater; I must become less.

31“The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[k] gives the Spirit without limit. 35The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.”

To this John replied: not Jesus. Show me where Jesus talks about the "wrath of God".

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

I read it fine, dimwit: 26They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan–the one you testified about–well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.”
27To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Ch ...[text shortened]...

To this John replied: not Jesus. Show me where Jesus talks about the "wrath of God".
Jesus God is the same person right?

So the Bible had the Holy Spirit Flow through John as he spoke, just like the O.T. Prophets.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

Jesus God is the same person right?

So the Bible had the Holy Spirit Flow through John as he spoke, just like the O.T. Prophets.
That's what YOU say, but the actual words of Jesus are in the Gospels. Where does He say anything about the "wrath of God"?

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05
1 edit

No1.

If God did have his wrath on use he would not have put it in his Bible, and Chrsit would have did for nothing.

Galatians 2:21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

I mean God makes salvation so easy, I don't understand why you guys think that it should be hard to get to heaven?

R

California

Moves
15 Mar 05

That's what YOU say, but the actual words of Jesus are in the Gospels. Where does He say anything about the "wrath of God"?
Jesus spoke more about hell then he did of Heaven. You should get a red Print Bible that has Jesus's words in Red print so it is easyer to find.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Mar 05

Jesus spoke more about hell then he did of Heaven. You should get a red Print Bible that has Jesus's words in Red print so it is easyer to find.
Jesus' words as told by another.

P

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

No1.

If God did have his wrath on use he would not have put it in his Bible, and Chrsit would have did for nothing.

Galatians 2:21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

I mean God makes salvation so easy, I don't understand why you guys think that it should be hard to get to heaven?
In other words, there is no place in the Gospels where Jesus said anything about the "wrath of God". So you call yourself a Christian i.e. a follower of Christ's teachings even though you ignore his words for others. He said with God all things are possible and never said anything about the "wrath of God". YOU replace your beliefs for the words of Jesus and dare to call yourself a Christian! Amazing.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

Back that statement up with passages and not just those which are parables i.e. stories to impart a lesson but direct quotes from Jesus talking about Hell.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
"Not yet" speaks for itself, ivan.

Many, many Catholics, especially in South America, worship her as Co-Redemptrix. The current pope has gone on record saying he belongs to Mary and Mary alone.
If they worship her, then they are not Roman Catholic.

I would like the context of the Pope's saying that he belongs to Mary.
I guarantee that it is misrepresented, evangelical, anti-Roman spew.

Nemesio

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
15 Mar 05

John the Baptist did not write the book of John, LOL.

And if you read Chapter 3 Jesus is talking to Nicodemus

John 3
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could per ...[text shortened]... eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.”
Hey RB,

We've been over this. It does NOT say Born Again. This is a mistranslation.

I went over it and over it with you before, but you choose to believe in a lie.

Why, I do not know.

Nemesio

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
15 Mar 05

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the WRATH of God rests upon him.(KJV)

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's WRATH remains on him.” (NIV)

======================

John 3:35
the Father loves the Son, and ...[text shortened]... is hand.(KJV)

John 3:35The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. (NIV)
St John 31-36 does not have a clear speaker. It is certainly not Jesus
speaking there. In the preceding passage (27b-30), it is 100% clear that
St John the Baptist is speaking; however, whether St John the Baptist
continues speaking or whether St John the Evangelist is speaking in the
next section is textually unclear.

Nemesio

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

Here's some words of Jesus from Matthew 5: 3-20; find the parts where he talks about Hell or the wrath of God:

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.

10 Blessed are they that have been persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye when men shall reproach you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets that were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost its savor, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house.

16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And what was the great sin of the scribes and Pharisees, RB? That'll be my Bible Study lesson for YOU tonight.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
15 Mar 05
1 edit

I wonder what the Japannese would want to say about bowing ?