Brhadārankyaka Upanishad 6.4.9,21

Brhadārankyaka Upanishad 6.4.9,21

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Now you are simply engaging in silly semantics.
No, I am not. You are making false claims about other posters arguments including my own. I am calling you on it.

No one considered any alternatives, as far as they were concerned the case was cut and dry.
I don't know what alternatives others considered, I haven't read the whole thread.
My own comments were addressed directly to Dasa and applied to what Dasa himself said not some untranslated ancient document. Dasa quite clearly and unequivocally supported rape.

The Upanishad advocates rape ...
That is not a claim I have made.

and Dasa was scum.
Do you dispute this? He has openly and repeatedly supported both genocide and rape.

I wonder why it occurs with such frequency?
Yes we know you are just smarting from previous occasions where you have been accused of similar behaviour.

F

Moves
28 Mar 16

Condemning Dasa for his hatred has accomplished what may I enquire? Has it changed his perspective, made him more civil and understanding, more tolerant of others?
So you shy a way from adopting or promoting a moral stance on the attitude and stance Dasa has taken on rape because... what?... your reaction might not accomplish anything? Or is it because you wanted to make him "more tolerant of others"? Either way, your pose doesn't really add up.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Mar 16
2 edits

If pitch fork and torches is your thing then so be it, but personally I prefer simply to understand.
You are not trying very hard. You apparently didn't read my first post in this thread but jumped straight in to accusing everyone in the thread of certain things.

Condemning Dasa for his hatred has accomplished what may I enquire?
Sometimes the right thing to do is to condemn someone for bad behaviour regardless of what it may accomplish.
So far the main effect has been to bring you out of the woodwork.

Your concern for my neck is admirable but I have no plans on ascending the gallows. What are you going to condemn me for? failure to wield my pitchfork and torch, how ironic dont you think 😀
And what do you feel you have accomplished by filling the thread with false accusations, lies and other nonsense?

rc

Moves
28 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are not trying very hard. You apparently didn't read my first post in this thread but jumped straight in to accusing everyone in the thread of certain things.

[b]Condemning Dasa for his hatred has accomplished what may I enquire?

Sometimes the right thing to do is to condemn someone for bad behaviour regardless of what it may accomplish.
So f ...[text shortened]... eel you have accomplished by filling the thread with false accusations, lies and other nonsense?[/b]
On the contrary I made some observations and cited various points, that it did not encompass what you have said again is neither here nor there because the points were valid in themselves irrespective of what you posted.

Your comments about bringing people out of the woodwork are unworthy of serious comment. It will suffice for me to notice that you cannot provide a single valid reason what your condemnation has accomplished.

I see gain you have spiralled into your now familiar pattern of behaviour and resort to that last bastion of the desperate dealing with those points you neither agree with nor can adequately address with claims of dishonesty. Thank you it was simply a matter of time.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Mar 16

On the contrary I made some observations and cited various points, that it did not encompass what you have said again is neither here nor there because the points were valid in themselves irrespective of what you posted.
You accused all posters including myself. Clearly that can not be said to be 'irrespective of what I posted'.

I see gain you have spiralled into your now familiar pattern of behaviour and resort to that last bastion of the desperate dealing with those points you neither agree with nor can adequately address with claims of dishonesty. Thank you it was simply a matter of time.
My claims of dishonesty, are just that: claims of dishonesty. You have made several false claims that you know full well are false. Hence, you were dishonest.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Mar 16

If pitch fork and torches is your thing then so be it, but personally I prefer simply to understand. Condemning Dasa for his hatred has accomplished what may I enquire? Has it changed his perspective, made him more civil and understanding, more tolerant of others?

You appear to me to be like the wind and the rain competing to get a man to take ...[text shortened]... u going to condemn me for? failure to wield my pitchfork and torch, how ironic dont you think 😀
Wield your pitchfork at Dasa?!

Sir, you haven't even wagged a finger.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Mar 16

Your comments about bringing people out of the woodwork are unworthy of serious comment. It will suffice for me to notice that ...[text shortened]... nor can adequately address with claims of dishonesty. Thank you it was simply a matter of time.
You said you are not judging but merely want to understand.

So how is Dasa's stance on Muslims any different from Slobodan Milošević who as you know has just been judged and convicted of war crimes, genocide and such, in the deaths of some 8000 Sebian Muslims.

How is Dasa any different from him, when Dasa calls for the death of ALL Muslims?

If he was in charge of an army and decided to end the "Muslim threat'' for once and all, what difference would you see in him and Milosovic? Even now as powerless as he is, don't you believe in the scripture saying in a man's heart so he is?

rc

Moves
28 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Wield your pitchfork at Dasa?!

Sir, you haven't even wagged a finger.
What can I say other than I am not very judgemental.

rc

Moves
28 Mar 16
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
You said you are not judging but merely want to understand.

So how is Dasa's stance on Muslims any different from Slobodan Milošević who as you know has just been judged and convicted of war crimes, genocide and such, in the deaths of some 8000 Sebian Muslims.

How is Dasa any different from him, when Dasa calls for the death of ALL Muslims?

If he w ...[text shortened]... now as powerless as he is, don't you believe in the scripture saying in a man's heart so he is?
Dasa's own words and actions condemn him, why should I reiterate it? I don't understand enough about the Balkans war and what transpired there to comment.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Mar 16

What can I say other than I am not very judgemental.
Rather, I would say that your own hands are not clean as you support an organisation that itself has a less than exemplary record of its treatment of women in particular :
- insisting that they be in submission to men
- advising that they not pursue education beyond a certain point
- making the process of reporting child/sexual abuse cases difficult
- sidelining dissenting voices

I would say the Watchtower and the Vedas have a lot in common, hence you sympathize with Dasa.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Mar 16

Dasa's own words and actions condemn him, why should I reiterate it? I don't understand enough about the Balkans war and what transpired there to comment.
Melosevic just wanted the same thing as Dasa, killing all Muslims and that was what he tried, killed literally thousands Hitler style, pure genocide was the intent, at least those who dared to live in Serbia, which is exactly what Dasa wants. Melo is now serving a 40 year prison sentence for war crimes and considering his age of 75, it seems certain he will die in prison.

How is that different from Dasa?

Pretty simple, cut and dried.

rc

Moves
28 Mar 16
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
Melosevic just wanted the same thing as Dasa, killing all Muslims and that was what he tried, killed literally thousands Hitler style, pure genocide was the intent, at least those who dared to live in Serbia, which is exactly what Dasa wants. Melo is now serving a 40 year prison sentence for war crimes and considering his age of 75, it seems certain he will die in prison.

How is that different from Dasa?

Pretty simple, cut and dried.
Pretty simple, cut and dried. - sonhouse

really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_persecution_of_Serbs

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Mar 16

I'm pleased you agree he is condemned, if only by his own words.

rc

Moves
28 Mar 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I'm pleased you agree he is condemned, if only by his own words.
yes even today though I am still unsure what condemnation is intended to achieve and no one seems able to say.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Mar 16

Pretty simple, cut and dried. - sonhouse

really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_persecution_of_Serbs
Did you actually read that piece? Serbs were killed or forced to convert to Catholic faith, not Islam.

So you figure payback is ok, Serbs were killed, as atrocious as that was, and that justified the killing of thousands of Serbian Muslims?