1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ad hominem -

Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/ad%20hominem
    Well I thought it was an awesome post irregardless of the religious overtones. I would like to have been a fly on Robbies shoulder during that interview.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:121 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well I thought it was an awesome post irregardless of the religious overtones. I would like to have been a fly on Robbies shoulder during that interview.
    Robbie's real name is Mark Brown?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:15
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Robbie's real name is Mark Brown?
    Actually its Bobby, Bobby Brown.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:19
    Actually its Bobby, Bobby Brown.
    Bobby Brown The Forum Clown. It all makes sense now.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:251 edit
    I thought it was brill, Prince is at the door with some Bible literature wondering if we are interested in a free home Bible study. 😵
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:281 edit
    I thought it was brill, Prince is at the door with some Bible literature wondering if we are interested in a free home Bible study.
    If Prince had been asked by the person at the door about his lyrics and video art and the JW attitude towards them, what kind of answer would you think he ought to have given?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:28
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Bobby Brown The Forum Clown. It all makes sense now.
    Yes like Great King rat the forum bat, complete sense.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:303 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    If he had been asked by the person at the door about his lyrics and video art and the JW attitude towards them, what kind of answer would you think he ought to have given?
    You think Prince was preaching about his own song lyrics and handing out copies of his latest album to householders? Here have two tickets to my concert they are Holy?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:32
    You think Price was preaching about his own song lyrics and handing out copies of his latest album to householders?
    No, I am asking about what he ought to have said if he had been asked [by the person encountered on a doorstep] about his lyrics and video art and about whether they were deemed appropriate and acceptable according to JW principles.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I am asking about what he ought to have said if he had been asked [by the person encountered on a doorstep] about his lyrics and video art and about whether they were deemed appropriate and acceptable according to JW principles.
    He would probably have said yes they are Holy and you can download my latest album of Holy writings here at www.prince.com/holy writings.php
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:43
    He would probably have said yes they are Holy and you can download my latest album of Holy writings here at www.prince.com/holy writings.php
    It is a genuine question, on-topic and asked in good faith about the JW that this thread is about ~ Prince. One would think that his lyrics and video art were inappropriate and unacceptable to his elders and to his JW brothers at his Kingdom Hall. If they somehow were not, how would you explain that?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:44
    Robbie, I downloaded your interview post to show some people I know, is that ok? I won't be stalking you or anything like that🙂
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:461 edit
    Robbie, I downloaded your interview post to show some people I know, is that ok? I won't be stalking you or anything like that🙂
    Dude its not me, it was printed in Time magazine, I have never met the man and I apologise if I have given the impression that I had.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:48
    Dude its not me, it was printed in Time magazine, I have never met the man and I apologise if I have given the impression that I had.
    Ah, you should have made that disclaimer at the start. Who was the interviewer?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '16 10:49
    If you met a potential JW recruit on a doorstep and he or she expressed interest in your message but then confessed to writing lyrics and making videos like Prince did, would you advise that person that they could simply continue producing that kind of art if they came and joined your Kingdom Hall?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree