Buddhism.........

Buddhism.........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
balance in all things my son😵
Aye ...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by black beetle
No my dear Boston Lad, the whole line has to do with the final fruit of the meditation; Bodhidharma suggests it 's meaningless either to use the mind in order to search for the reality, or to use the reality in order to search for the mind because the mind neither gives birth to the reality nor the reality gives birth to the mind. So, due to the fact th ...[text shortened]... at samadhi (samadhi is the final end of the meditation -it is simply the mind in full calm)
😵
So, a kind of surrogate philosophy which avoids using the "mind in order to search for reality"
in its orderly and disciplined quest for a status of "the mind in full calm" which is real?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
10 Dec 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
So, a kind of surrogate philosophy which avoids using the "mind in order to search for reality"
in its orderly and disciplined quest for a status of "the mind in full calm" which is real?
The point is always just the evaluation of the mind and thus the understanding of the nature of the individual; all methodologies point towards to the mind, therefore when the mind is evaluated all the used methods are discarded. It is possible to perceive all kinds of perceptions -but all perceptions are rooted solely in the mind, so it is needless to hook on them.
The "mind in full calm" is simply a method that is used for the evaluation of the nature of the individual, and when the evaluation is done the method and the whole system are discarded😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 13

The point is always just the evaluation of the mind and thus the understanding of the nature of the individual; all methodologies point towards to the mind, therefore when the mind is evaluated all the used methods are discarded. It is possible to perceive all kinds of perceptions -but all perceptions are rooted solely in the mind, so it is needless to ...[text shortened]... the individual, and when the evaluation is done the method and the whole system are discarded😵
"The "mind in full calm" is simply a method that is used for the evaluation of the nature of the individual, and when the evaluation is done the method and the whole system are discarded." -black beetle

When "the method and the whole system are discarded" what remains?
Is there an endgame? Does the unencumbered mind reign supreme?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Dec 13

"The "mind in full calm" is simply a method that is used for the evaluation of the nature of the individual, and when the evaluation is done the method and the whole system are discarded." -black beetle

When "the method and the whole system are discarded" what remains?
Is there an endgame? Does the unencumbered mind reign supreme?
Remains specific inner truth and attitude; the disciple is on his/ her way to Dharma (Cosmic Low and Order/ Cosmic reality/ Tao/ Way/ Bodhi).

There is no endgame. Thus I have heard: "Inside no senses. Outside no objects of senses. When Inside and Outside are equalized, this is called Middle Way"
😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 13
1 edit

Remains specific inner truth and attitude; the disciple is on his/ her way to Dharma (Cosmic Low and Order/ Cosmic reality/ Tao/ Way/ Bodhi).

There is no endgame. Thus I have heard: "Inside no senses. Outside no objects of senses. When Inside and Outside are equalized, this is called Middle Way"
😵
Your systematic treatment of the topic reflects serious academic interest which I applaud. Does this 'smiley' face which has become bb's trademark for years give evidence of or in some manner or means symbolize the "Middle Way" 😵 ?

Note: Is "Middle Way" in this context similar to Tertium Quid?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Dec 13

Your systematic treatment of the topic reflects serious academic interest which I applaud. Does this 'smiley' face which has become bb's trademark for years give evidence of or in some manner or means symbolize the "Middle Way" 😵 ?

Note: Is "Middle Way" in this context similar to Tertium Quid?
bb is High on Wine and his smile a tribute to Mumonkan (Gateless Gate), Case 10, which goes like this:

Monk Seizei told Sozan:
“Seizei is alone and poor. Will you give him support?”
Sozan asked:
“Seizei?”
“Yes, sir”
“You have Zen, the best wine in China, and already have finished three cups, and still you are saying that they did not even wet your lips”

And no, "Middle Way" in this context is not similar to Tertium Quid
😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 13
1 edit

bb is High on Wine and his smile a tribute to Mumonkan (Gateless Gate), Case 10, which goes like this:

Monk Seizei told Sozan:
“Seizei is alone and poor. Will you give him support?”
Sozan asked:
“Seizei?”
“Yes, sir”
“You have Zen, the best wine in China, and already have finished three cups, and still you are saying that they did not even wet your lips”

And no, "Middle Way" in this context is not similar to Tertium Quid
😵
May I ask if bb's lovely bride also partakes of the fine nectar of Zen with him in the revels of an endless night?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Dec 13

May I ask if bb's lovely bride also partakes of the fine nectar of Zen with him in the revels of an endless night?
She turns my brain upside down and hollows out my eyeballs😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Dec 13

She turns my brain upside down and hollows out my eyeballs😵
Hmm... does this event contribute to bb's "mind in full calm"?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Dec 13

Hmm... does this event contribute to bb's "mind in full calm"?
Big time😵

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 13

There is some form of afterlife.

Some aspect of us can enter that afterlife.

What kind of afterlife we experience, or if we have one at all, is dictated by a
supreme being that created the universe and us in it.

That supreme being has sent various prophets and it's own son to give us
guidance on how to live and how to get a 'desirable' location in the afterlife.

I never found the phrase "afterlife" anywhere in the Bible.
I did see resurrection.

Death is called "the last enemy".

"Death, the last enemy, is being abolished." (1 Cor. 15:27)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] There is some form of afterlife.

Some aspect of us can enter that afterlife.

What kind of afterlife we experience, or if we have one at all, is dictated by a
supreme being that created the universe and us in it.

That supreme being has sent various prophets and it's own son to give us
guidance on how to live and how to get a 'desirable' loc ...[text shortened]... [b]"the last enemy"

"Death, the last enemy, is being abolished." (1 Cor. 15:27) [/b]
How would you differentiate between an "afterlife" and "resurrection"?

rc

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
How would you differentiate between an "afterlife" and "resurrection"?
In order to be resurrected one must be dead, naturally this is at odds with the idea of an eternal soul, which states that a part of you, cannot and does not die, but transcends to the afterlife to receive a blessing or a punishment depending upon whether you were virtuous or wicked. (another Egyptian concept which has found its way into nominal Christianity)