1. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 12:46
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]The point is that the pope is doing the equivalent of telling people that they shouldn't wear a seat belt if they choose to drive.

I think that what the Pope is doing is the equivalent not to drive at all. Hence the word abstinence.[/b]
    Ha! Abstinence, another unrealistic goal for the followers of a church still stuck in the dark ages.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 13:37
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Check out this brotha telling it like it is.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/18/martin.condoms/index.html

Folks, there is nothing in the Bible about wearing a seat belt. But it would be foolish of any pastor not to tell his or her members to use the safety device when driving. Churches all across the country trust and love their fell ...[text shortened]... ca, we are seeing the expansion of HIV/AIDS as well.

The Pope is an embarrassment.
    "The Pope is an embarrassment."

And he wears a clown costume.

Not to offend any of my Catholic brothers.
  3. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 13:39
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:04
    Originally posted by Ray Gunz I
    Ha! Abstinence, another unrealistic goal for the followers of a church still stuck in the dark ages.
    Are you of the opinion that only modern enlightened people could possibly adhere to a celibate life?
  5. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 11:04
    Are you of the opinion that only modern enlightened people could possibly adhere to a celibate life?
    I'm saying the goal is unrealistic. It hasn't worked it the pass, it isn't working now, it wont work in the future. For crying out loud, they can't even stop some of their priest from abstaining. For the Pope to make a statement such as the distribution of condoms not resolving the Aids epidemic in my opinion the height of irresponsibility and possibly borderline criminal. While condoms may not be the answer they are a weapon against the spread of HIV/AIDS and other STDs. Abstinence is a totally ridiculous concept. People, even unmarried Catholics are going to ****, that is a fact! It's human nature.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 12:00
    I'm saying the goal is unrealistic. It hasn't worked it the pass, it isn't working now, it wont work in the future. For crying out loud, they can't even stop some of their priest from abstaining. For the Pope to make a statement such as the distribution of condoms not resolving the Aids epidemic in my opinion the height of irresponsibility and possibly bo ...[text shortened]... ept. People, even unmarried Catholics are going to ****, that is a fact! It's human nature.
    i agree.just don't bat off!!!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 22:38
    I'm saying the goal is unrealistic. It hasn't worked it the pass, it isn't working now, it wont work in the future. For crying out loud, they can't even stop some of their priest from abstaining. For the Pope to make a statement such as the distribution of condoms not resolving the Aids epidemic in my opinion the height of irresponsibility and possibly bo ...[text shortened]... ept. People, even unmarried Catholics are going to ****, that is a fact! It's human nature.
    You seem to imply in your earlier post that people of the dark ages would find celibacy particularly more challenging. Do you now retract that?
  8. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 11:33
    You seem to imply in your earlier post that people of the dark ages would find celibacy particularly more challenging. Do you now retract that?
    Was not implying that at all. However, I would imagine life was allot more dangerous and life spans allot shorter in those days. Speaking for myself, if I were living in those days, abstinence and celibacy would be the farthest things from my mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree