1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 09:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... divegeester replied to my post with Fixed after editing it ...
    There was nothing wrong with what divegeester did. It's been a brand of RHP humour since I've been a member. People do it many times a week. Your original post is still there for all to see. The fact that divegeester is satirizing you is indicated by him posting "Fixed".
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:012 edits
    My original post said the following:

[b]I am a lying, cheating, obnoxious, redneck, Christian. That's the best kind. That's because I really need Christ as a Savior. No doubt about it.

Then divegeester replied to my post with Fixed after editing it so that it looked like this:

I am a lying, cheating, obnoxious a ...[text shortened]... e it in his text and leaving my text as it was and still adding the word "Fixed" at the end.
    [/b] Does that mean he's the "best kind" of Christian too ?

You know, Lying, misrepresenting, cheating, etc. etc.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 10:31
    Originally posted by sonship
    Does that mean he's the "best kind" of Christian too ?

You know, Lying, misrepresenting, cheating, etc. etc.[/b]
    I have no indication that he is a Christian at all. I have openly declared myself a Christian and you can believe it or not. I know I am in need of a Savior because I have sinned and I continue to sin, even though I have made efforts to stop sinning. I am weak but my Savior is strong and I turn to Him for forgiveness and salvation.

It is my opinion that the best kind of Christian recognizes his sinfulness and his need of a saviour. If you disagree with that, then so be it.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 13:30
    I have no indication that he is a Christian at all. I have openly declared myself a Christian and you can believe it or not. I know I am in need of a Savior because I have sinned and I continue to sin, even though I have made efforts to stop sinning. I am weak but my Savior is strong and I turn to Him for forgiveness and salvation.

It is my opinion tha ...[text shortened]... recognizes his sinfulness and his need of a saviour. If you disagree with that, then so be it.
    maybe you should try atheism for a while. its working fine for me. i hardly ever sin.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 14:06
    I thought this was a good video to refute Atheism. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgjGpPLCFhE

Here is another one to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX_z6bvruo
    Refute atheism? How? As atheism makes no claims and encompasses no beliefs, there's nothing to refute. There is no content to atheism. It is nothing more than the negation of theistic claims, which must sink or swim on their own merit. The only thing one can do is to uphold or refute the validity of theistic claims. There is no such thing as refuting atheism.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 15:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    maybe you should try atheism for a while. its working fine for me. i hardly ever sin.
    The wrongness of this statement would become apparent if we substitute the word "blaspheming" for the word "atheism", since that's what it is.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 15:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The wrongness of this statement would become apparent if we substitute the word "blaspheming" for the word "atheism", since that's what it is.
    i didnt say i never sin.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 18:05
    Didn't you see this:

[b]Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.
    [/b]
    Pretty sure there's a clause in there warning against engine use too. I suppose you treat the Ts & Cs rather like the bible, and just go along with the bits you like eh?
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 18:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, it's perfectly possible to be an atheist without blaspheming.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 18:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    No, it's perfectly possible to be an atheist without blaspheming.
    How can you blaspheme if you don't believe in that which is
    supposed to have been blasphemed against?

Salman Rushdie is alleged to have blasphemed when he wrote the Satanic Verses.

The cartoon that appeared in a Danish newspaper poking fun at
    the prophet Mohammed is also alleged to be guilty of blasphemy.

But supposing someone believed in little green men from the planet Nirvarna
    who were GODS and all life and knowledge came from them?

And I said you're crazy? Would I then be guilty of blasphemy?

No one can prove the supernatural exists, so how could you blaspheme about it?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 18:58
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    How can you blaspheme if you don't believe in that which is
    supposed to have been blasphemed against?
    "Blasphemy" is a kind of thoughtcrime and the suggestion that it applies to non-believers requires doublethink but, in my experience, pointing this out often provokes duckspeak.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 19:58
    Didn't you see this:

[b]Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.
    [/b]
    Tell you what, why don't we both raise "fair play tickets" and see who gets a ban first eh?
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 22:09

Here is another one to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX_z6bvruo
    Do you reckon RJ has actually seen that first video? Or is this an example of Poe's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law) in action?

Or is the 'RJ' character the parody, as has been suggested several times? I am finding harder and harder to believe that RJ can really be that mind-numbingly stupid.

RJ, own up. Do you really honestly think that first link is an attempt to refute atheism?

--- Penguin
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 22:16
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Do you reckon RJ has actually seen that first video? Or is this an example of Poe's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law) in action?

Or is the 'RJ' character the parody, as has been suggested several times? I am finding harder and harder to believe that RJ can really be that mind-numbingly stupid.

RJ, own up. Do you really honestly think that first link is an attempt to refute atheism?

--- Penguin
    My bet is that he went through it and swallowed the lot, probably while doing jazz-hands and echoing 'hallelujah' et c.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 22:50
    Originally posted by sonship

As soon as I saw who did the video I knew it was sarcasm.
    That guy is some kind of atheist comedian wannabe.
    Did you get the part where he called the pillar of salt lady the 'pillow' of salt? That was a big clue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree