1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    They have a test on "The Atheist Experience" show that they call the "Captain Kirk Test".

It basically says that if you have captain Kirk say saying the words rather than the bible
    is it just as convincing?

Then Captain Kirk said to those Crew who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
    And you shall know the truth appen to be true it's true because of it's own merits rather than because of who says it.
    The difference is that Captain Kirk is not God. 😏
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 14:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The difference is that Captain Kirk is not God. 😏
    True but your problem that you never seem to grasp is that we are asking you to prove that your god actually exists.

Quoting what your god is supposed to have said to prove that your god exists is circular.

When faced with the question (for example) "How do you know that your god (assuming it existed) is telling the truth?"
    responding with "My god says that he doesn't lie" is not convincing because your god could have been lying when he said that.

Given that you have no evidence that your god exists, or even if it did that the bible was inspired/written by your god, then
    quoting the bible at me is as effective as quoting Captain Kirk.

Nobody in their right minds will accept it as true without supporting evidence.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 16:23
    Free will doesn't exist.

It can't, The laws of physics do not permit it. Period.

That said... I feel like I have free will, and I act like I have free will,
    and have no choice but to feel like I have free will and act like I have free will.

So the fact that free will is an illusion is irrelevant to everyday life.
    And certainly moral decisions ...[text shortened]... rogram
    the matrix or leave it.

Where were you going with your authority questions?
    It doesn't matter, it's not like you were going to answer them anyways.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 16:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It doesn't matter, it's not like you were going to answer them anyways.
    The only way to find out is to ask.

Also, I am not RC, I tend to answer questions.

You may not like my answers, and it's possible that the answer would be mind your own business
    (not sure what kind of questions your thinking of asking here) but you will only find out by asking.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 16:431 edit
    True but your problem that you never seem to grasp is that we are asking you to prove that your god actually exists.

Quoting what your god is supposed to have said to prove that your god exists is circular.

When faced with the question (for example) "How do you know that your god (assuming it existed) is telling the truth?"
    responding with "My in Kirk.

Nobody in their right minds will accept it as true without supporting evidence.
    People much more intelligent than me have provided tons of evidence. All you have do do is just google it. But here is just one example:

http://www.jesusandthebibletoday.com/proof_the_bible_is_true.html
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    People much more intelligent than me have provided tons of evidence. All you have do do is just google it. But here is just one example:

http://www.jesusandthebibletoday.com/proof_the_bible_is_true.html
    That page makes my eyes hurt.

And it almost makes me embarrassed to be a Christian. Almost.

What it really makes me want to do is slap the people who made that website.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 20:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That page makes my eyes hurt.

And it almost makes me embarrassed to be a Christian. Almost.

What it really makes me want to do is slap the people who made that website.
    Perhaps you would rather see video proof in a slightly different manner. Here is one example:

YouTube

If this is not to your liking, I believe you will be able to find some evidence that the Holy Bible is true that meets your approval by just googling it.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 00:361 edit
    RJ has convinced me. Zeus is the father of gods and men.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree