Calling

Calling " Lord, Lord ! "

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16

Again, it is good to simply call on the name of the Lord Jesus for the purpose of contacting the Lord.

Many, many "O Lords" occur in the Bible. Many "O Lord Yahweh" or "O Lord Jehovah".

Elijah said he would CALL on the name of his God -

"I will call on the name of Jehovah" ( 1 Kings 18:24 )

Today we can call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" and we call on the name of God.

Then Jabez too called in the name of God.

"And Jabez called on the God of Israel" ( 1 Chron. 4:10 )

To call on the God of Israel call today "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus".

In battle men cried out to God and gained victory -

" ... they cried to God in battle" ( 1 Chron. 5:20)
(the sons of Reuben, Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh).

In battle with temptation CALL upon the name of the Lord Jesus.
Anger and temper? Call "O Lord Jesus".
Jealousy and strife? Call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus! Save me Lord!"
Provoked to annoyance? Call on the name of the Lord Jesus. He is divine love even for your enemies. "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus hide me in You Lord."

Whatever your state the Lord is rich to all who call upon Him. Every calling is a confessing of that powerful name of the victorious Savior.

" ... and shall turn again and confess thy name" ( 2 Chron 6:24)

Every calling in from the heart in sincerity and honesty is also a praying to God. This praying through calling "O Lord Jesus".

"if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name" ( 2 Chron. 6:26)

Calling, praying callibrates our hearts towards God's place, toward God's eternal purpose to "house" Himself in man. That is to make His living temple within man.

How significant to turn our hearts toward God's place and call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 16
1 edit

A little song -

Calling O Lord Jesus, How it makes our spirit strong.
We can really touch Him, and our gloom is turned to song.
Don't listen to Satan with all his distractions.
Turn to your spirit and spring into action.
Calling O Lord Jesus, You'll enjoy Him all day long."

"Don't listen to Satan with all his excuses.
Turn to your spirit and he really looses.
Calling O Lord Jesus, You'll enjoy Him all day long."

Calling O Lord Jesus we can exercise our spiritual being to touch God.

" O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. i love You Lord Jesus! "

There are over a hundred of "O Lord's" in the Bible. We are just now noticing them as we are confirmed how effective it is to call on the name of the Lord Jesus.

F

Moves
27 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonship
A little song -

Calling O Lord Jesus, How it makes our spirit strong.
We can really touch Him, and our gloom is turned to song.
Don't listen to Satan with all his distractions.
Has "Satan" ever spoken to you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Has "Satan" ever spoken to you?
God is speaking in His word to all of us.
That's much more important.

F

Moves
27 Jul 16

[b] God is speaking in His word to all of us.
That's much more important.[/b]
I wasn't asking you about what you think is more important. I asked you something else. You mentioned some lyrics that urged the listener "Don't listen to Satan...". Do you claim that "Satan" has ever spoken to you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I wasn't asking you about what you think is more important. I asked you something else. You mentioned some lyrics that urged the listener "Don't listen to Satan...". Do you claim that "Satan" has ever spoken to you?
What I answered is what I answered.
You're not really interested you know.

You're only interested in your feedback.

I could say a lot more about your question.
But that is how I'll leave it for you.

F

Moves
27 Jul 16

What I answered is what I answered.
You're not really interested you know.

You're only interested in your feedback.

I could say a lot more about your question.
But that is how I'll leave it for you.
It was a question about a line of the lyrics you posted. You "could" answer?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jul 16

[b] God is speaking in His word to all of us.
That's much more important.[/b]
Funny, I never head any of that. You have that book written by men, but that is all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Funny, I never head any of that. You have that book written by men, but that is all.
We have God having spoken to us. No, the book did not float down but was penned by men - imperfect men. But God has spoken.

It is not funny that you have nothing.
Tonight when you go to bed it will be with nothing.
And tomorrow you will awake again still with nothing.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

It is very profitable to call on the name of the Lord Jesus.
It is extremely beneficial to call on the name of the Lord Jesus.

This thread will be an encouragement for readers to learn to call out to the Lord Jesus.

But I must warn you. Immediately someone (probably Rajk999) will chime in that many who say "Lord, Lord," the Lord Jesus will tell to ...[text shortened]... amine the many many positive benefits of calling on the name of Jesus in order to contact Jesus.
Alright, so is this a thread about calling on the Lord. or is it a thread of accusations.?

Calling on the Lord, is a great thing. I was personally involved with a person who was an atheist, yet called on the Lord. "Lord if you are real, help me"

After God's intervention, this man became a baptized Christian, then Baptized in the Holy Spirit. It was wonderful to behold.

P

Moves
30 Jul 16

We have God having spoken to us. No, the book did not float down but was penned by men - imperfect men. But God has spoken.

Why do you need to come down on sonhouse? Is nailing him to the wall helping the situation, or does this action satisfy your inner self. Reach to him with your heart. Yes he doesn't grasp Jesus, or God. Politics, it is all beside the point.

God's wrath will land more against self righteous Christians than anyone else. "Where more is given, more will be expected" .

Heaven wasn't offered to the self righteous preacher who felt he deserved heaven, but to those that never even felt they had any hope of it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 16

And you likewise. The difference is I KNOW it. You live in a wishful thinking world. You and a few billion others. You say god speaks but it has to answer for the 200 million deaths by torture and the killing of infants which you just rationalize away and accuse me of knowing the mind of god. Which I don't. I know the NON-ACTIONS of your so-called god.

It is clear the entire human race could be killed by whatever, meteorites, nukes, world wide vocano's, whatever, and your so-called god would not raise a rhetorical finger to help, otherwise it already would have to try and save those 200 million.

THAT is what I see in your alleged god. It is just as if there was no god.

There would be no difference in the ACTIONS or NON-ACTIONS of your god to a non-existent god.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Jul 16
4 edits

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Why do you need to come down on sonhouse? Is nailing him to the wall helping the situation, or does this action satisfy your inner self. Reach to him with your heart. Yes he doesn't grasp Jesus, or God. Politics, it is all beside the point.

God's wrath will land more against self righteous Christians than anyone else. "Where more is given, more will be expected" .

Heaven wasn't offered to the self righteous preacher who felt he deserved heaven, but to those that never even felt they had any hope of it.

Well, you're rebuking me pretty good there Pudgenik. If you can show more love and patience with sonhouse, by all means, let your light shine. Put my poor example to shame then. Praise the Lord.

I think it is faithful to get a person to realize that he is restless and without lasting peace outside of Jesus Christ, and really does not have anything in terms of what a man really needs.

But you are now going to be an example to me of greater patience, love, forbearance in Christ with sonhouse.

I'll be watching closely to see your better attitude and more Christ-like example. I put you on notice then. You are being observed - clocked and timed. Show me then, as you discourse with sonhouse.

P

Moves
01 Aug 16

[quote] Why do you need to come down on sonhouse? Is nailing him to the wall helping the situation, or does this action satisfy your inner self. Reach to him with your heart. Yes he doesn't grasp Jesus, or God. Politics, it is all beside the point.

God's wrath will land more against self righteous Christians than anyone else. "Where more is given, more w ...[text shortened]... observed
- clocked and timed. Show me then, as you discourse with sonhouse.[/b]
sonship, you have a great knowledge of the bible, but i expect more out of you than most here. More is the sense of compassion. Knowledge is not the end-all. If that were true then all of the fallen (satan and his ilk) would be in heaven to. No, we must rise above, set aside our differences. Look at the world, if the Great Day would happen tomarrow. If the knowledge of the Anti-Christ was to become known. Who will stand against his tyranny. Will the Christians try to work together, when the whole world is bent on killing us? Or will they say, oh that guy is a catholic, oh that guy is a J. W. and turn them in.

P

Moves
01 Aug 16
1 edit

[quote] Why do you need to come down on sonhouse? Is nailing him to the wall helping the situation, or does this action satisfy your inner self. Reach to him with your heart. Yes he doesn't grasp Jesus, or God. Politics, it is all beside the point.

God's wrath will land more against self righteous Christians than anyone else. "Where more is given, more w ...[text shortened]... observed
- clocked and timed. Show me then, as you discourse with sonhouse.[/b]
being observed, clocked, etc. Join the crowd. There are many who want me out of the picture. Not here so much, but for the spiritual work i do.

Remember what scripture says. where more is given, more is expected. This quote is not just for me, but all of us