Calling Once Saved Always Saved Christians

Calling Once Saved Always Saved Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Jun 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
His particular brand of self-serving, sneering interrogation could easily be described as 'mental masturbation', and as such I'm surprised that you yourself are such an acolyte of it.

Sorry, not interested.
I enjoy much of the posting by non Christians and some of the atheists,; it frequently makes me think about what and why I believe something, it toughens my cognitive processes. Unlike you I don't disregard what someone is saying just based on the person who is saying it - furthermore I don't swallow all the religious fruit-loopery that goes on here just because an alleged Christian is saying it. I try to look at ideas presented in this forum objectively.

Moves
06 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
You are just another cherry picking false Christian.
Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You judge me because you don't agree with me. Would Jesus speak like this? No he wouldn't. You need to look at yourself through the lens of your own teaching before throwing horrible judgemental accusations at other people. If you want to be judged by the law (of Christ or the OT law) then you will be judged by it ALL. If you are under law then you are fully under law and have rejected the blood of Christ. Live up to what you preach, if you can.

rc

Moves
06 Jun 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You judge me because you don't agree with me. Would Jesus speak like this? No he wouldn't. You need to look at yourself through the lens of your own teaching before throwing horrible judgemental accusations at other people. If you want to be judged by the law (of Christ or the OT law) then you will be ...[text shortened]... e fully under law and have rejected the blood of Christ. Live up to what you preach, if you can.
man reading that almost made me physically vomit.

Moves
06 Jun 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
man reading that almost made me physically vomit.
I don't care.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jun 16

The use of the term "cherry-picking" in this context is you trying to create a false dichotomy. You are also "cherry-picking" yourself!

There is no dichotomy between eternal salvation through faith in the redemptive work of Christ, and subsequently obeying the teachings of Christ. They are not mutually exclusive concepts within the gospel.

My poin ...[text shortened]... e are required to follow the teachings of Christ.

You simple have the cart before the horse.
So the Christian is required to follow the teachings of Christ. According to Paul if a Christian does not follow the teachings of Christ, that Christian will not get into the Kingdom of God.

That is the part that you claim is incorrect hence my calling you a cherry picker.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jun 16

I don't care.
Me neither

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jun 16

Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You judge me because you don't agree with me. Would Jesus speak like this? No he wouldn't. You need to look at yourself through the lens of your own teaching before throwing horrible judgemental accusations at other people. If you want to be judged by the law (of Christ or the OT law) then you will be ...[text shortened]... e fully under law and have rejected the blood of Christ. Live up to what you preach, if you can.
You mean the Jesus that called people fools, hypocrites, blind guides, false teachers, will not use the term cherry picker?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
But wouldn't one be forgiven for thinking that comments like this - from you - are just you engaging self-serving, sneering deflection?
Doubling down, I see.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
If you have "eternal salvation through faith", can your failure to obey the teachings of Christ result in the loss of your "salvation"?
Christ said they will be cast into the lake of fire. But lets assume that as some of them say Christ was in another dispensation, Paul and the Apostles said the same thing. They will be cut off, destroyed, will not inherit the Kingdom of God. It cannot be more clearly stated.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jun 16

Christ said they will be cast into the lake of fire. But lets assume that as some of them say Christ was in another dispensation, Paul and the Apostles said the same thing. They will be cut off, destroyed, will not inherit the Kingdom of God. It cannot be more clearly stated.
Here's the thing, though, and why other Christians here find you hypocritical.

You don't advocate the teachings of Christ, you advocate the teachings of Rajk.

F

Moves
06 Jun 16

Doubling down, I see.
Nope. Just thinking you ought to reflect on your own posting.

F

Moves
06 Jun 16

Here's the thing, though, and why other Christians here find you hypocritical.

You don't advocate the teachings of Christ, you advocate the teachings of Rajk.
Putting aside your personal and discourse-suffocating dislike of Rajk999 for a moment, is he right about the "Lake of Fire" and not inheriting the Kingdom of God, yes or no? If a Christian gains "eternal salvation" through faith, can that Christian's failure to obey the teachings of Christ result in the eternal loss of their "salvation"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Putting aside your personal and discourse-suffocating dislike of Rajk999 for a moment, is he right about the "Lake of Fire" and not inheriting the Kingdom of God, yes or no? If a Christian gains "eternal salvation" through faith, can that Christian's failure to obey the teachings of Christ result in the eternal loss of their "salvation"?
Rather than accept what Christ, Paul and all the Apostles said about this issue, they instead choose to alter the meaning of :
- cut off
- destroyed
- will not inherit
- enemies of the cross
- cannot be forgiven
- without hope
- fall away
and other strongly worded passages that speaks of destruction of unrighteous Christians. Some Christians are even so brassface to claim that Christs teachings are not applicable to them. Even so they fail to see that the Apostles are saying the very same thing as Jesus.

Here is a clear one from Peter:

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. (2 Peter 2:20-22 KJV)

Therefore:
1. Those polluted by a world of sin is in for destruction and death
2. Christians saved by faith in Christ, will know the way of righteousness and will inherit eternal life.
3. However if some Christians in #2, choose to return to a worldly sinful life then they are in a worse situation than persons in group #1 .. something worse than death and destruction awaits them.

So says the Bible.

Moves
06 Jun 16

So the Christian is required to follow the teachings of Christ. According to Paul if a Christian does not follow the teachings of Christ, that Christian will not get into the Kingdom of God.

That is the part that you claim is incorrect hence my calling you a cherry picker.
I completely understand why you believe what you do and I completely understand why you call me a cherry picker. Do you understand why I call you a cherry picker and do you accept that your behaviour and posting in this forum does not represent the teachings and behaviours of Christ?

Moves
06 Jun 16

You mean the Jesus that called people fools, hypocrites, blind guides, false teachers, will not use the term cherry picker?
Are you comparing your poor behaviour here with Jesus admonishing the Pharisees?