1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...do you accept that your behaviour and posting in this forum does not represent the teachings and behaviours of Christ?
    Can you nominate Christian posters whose behaviour and posting in this forum DOES represent the teachings and behaviours of Christ?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Rather than accept what Christ, Paul and all the Apostles said about this issue, they instead choose to alter the meaning of :
    - cut off
    - destroyed
    - will not inherit
    - enemies of the cross
    - cannot be forgiven
    - without hope
    - fall away
    and other strongly worded passages that speaks of destruction of unrighteous Christians. Some Christians a ...[text shortened]... in group #1 .. something worse than death and destruction awaits them.

So says the Bible.[/b]
    Romans 10:9.

Come on!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:25
    I completely understand why you believe what you do and I completely understand why you call me a cherry picker. Do you understand why I call you a cherry picker and do you accept that your behaviour and posting in this forum does not represent the teachings and behaviours of Christ?
    I never talk of your behaviour .. not interested in that topic.
    Try to raise your level of thinking.

Dunces discuss people
    Smart people discuss doctrine.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:35
    I never talk of your behaviour .. not interested in that topic.
    Try to raise your level of thinking.

Dunces discuss people
    Smart people discuss doctrine.
    Incorrect again. All of the bickering that goes on in this forum is nether smart nor endearing. In fact the NT warns against it.

Broaden your thinking 😉
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:36
    Incorrect again. All of the bickering that goes on in this forum is nether smart nor endearing. In fact the NT warns against it.

Broaden your thinking 😉
    Broaden yours too 🙂

Romans 10:9 is a narrow-minded response. You can do better if you give it a shot
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:37
    Broaden yours too 🙂

Romans 10:9 is a narrow-minded response. You can do better if you give it a shot
    Tell me how you interpret Romans 10:9.

Tell me also, are you a Christian?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:38
    I tell people what I think.
    I provide supporting references for what I believe.
    You like to ask questions.
    Just say what you think or believe so that we can discuss it.
    Hows that.
    In conversation it is a give and take. I asked questions because I dislike assuming I know
    what the other person thinks. You have with me on several occasions misrepresented my
    views and I have called you out on it. You have given me a hard time because you
    claimed my views were once save always saved even though I have never promoted that.

So to avoid a misunderstanding when do you think (you have an opinion) that we are
    saved?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 14:48
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    In conversation it is a give and take. I asked questions because I dislike assuming I know
    what the other person thinks. You have with me on several occasions misrepresented my
    views and I have called you out on it. You have given me a hard time because you
    claimed my views were once save always saved even though I have never promoted that.

So to avoid a misunderstanding when do you think (you have an opinion) that we are
    saved?
    The only give and take I see going on here is I give and you take.

Time for you to give and stop asking questions.

Tell me what you think and quote some references.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 15:15
    Tell me how you interpret Romans 10:9.

Tell me also, are you a Christian?
    Your question about me is of no relevance to the topic. However I am a Christian.

Romans 10:9 can be taken in a vacuum and the doctrine Paul is preaching there can be interpreted to mean that all you need to do is to accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved.

But the very next verse speaks of the righteousness which can come by believing in your heart. This believing in your heart is spoken of by Christ :

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:8-9 KJV)

Mouth worship is condemned by Christ. Believing in your heart means following the teachings of Christ.

If you read on from Romans 10, the very next chapter explains in great detail the process by which Jews and Gentiles are saved by Christ. They are grafted in and brought in by the blood of Christ. However just as God punished the Jews he will likewise punish the Gentiles:

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Romans 11:21-22 KJV)

Paul says that those who do not continue in the goodness of God will be cut off. Here he speaks of Christians

Following Christ is not optional as you seem to imply. It is essential to eternal life.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 16:271 edit
    The only give and take I see going on here is I give and you take.

Time for you to give and stop asking questions.

Tell me what you think and quote some references.
    Actually the very first thing I said in this thread was this,

"Do you think salvation begins at Judgment day?"

Not sure why I can ask one question and you feel I've over stepped and are demanding
    I stop asking and respond to you instead without ever giving me a straight up answer. I
    will gladly respond, but first please answer my question and by all means quote some
    references to support your views.

If you refuse which I think is what you typically do I will answer your question anyway,
    because I'm not trying to trick or trap you. I honestly wanted your views and do not have
    a problem sharing mine.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 16:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Actually the very first thing I said in this thread was this,

"Do you think salvation begins at Judgment day?"

Not sure why I can ask one question and you feel I've over stepped and are demanding
    I stop asking and respond to you instead without ever giving me a straight up answer. I
    will gladly respond, but first please answer my question and by all ...[text shortened]... trying to trick or trap you. I honest wanted your views and do not have
    a problem sharing mine.
    For the last time. Make a comment. Say what you need to say.
    Dont ask me anything. I have asked you nothing.
    If you say something that is worthy of a reply, I will reply.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 17:00
    Your question about me is of no relevance to the topic. However I am a Christian.

Romans 10:9 can be taken in a vacuum and the doctrine Paul is preaching there can be interpreted to mean that all you need to do is to accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved.

But the very next verse speaks of the righteousness which can come by believing in y ...[text shortened]... s

Following Christ is not optional as you seem to imply. It is essential to eternal life.[/b]
    Once again; no one here is arguing against following the teachings of Christ, you are preaching to the choir.

Where you are wrong is in justification by works. I.e. Salvation is dependent on works.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 17:01
    Dodging and deflecting is not something Jesus taught. Careful.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 17:09
    You asked what my views were least you forgotten that
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 17:10
    Dodging and deflecting is not something Jesus taught. Careful.
    ???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree