1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 13:06
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    For as long as I can remember, the thrust of rajk999's posts has been "This is what Jesus says. This is what the apostles say. Follow what Jesus and the apostles say. God will judge."

What exactly is "unworkable" about that?

How exactly does rajk999 fail "to live up to it"? For that matter, how exactly can anyone fail "to live up to it"? Even if an ...[text shortened]... up to it", how exactly could that reasonably be construed as "evidence" that it is "unworkable"?
    Amazing. The commandments of Christ must not be spoken of unless the speaker can live up to them ... thats the logic of most Christians. Yet they all claim that they think its important .. just dont talk about it

Hilarious kind of Christianity.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 13:25
    Originally posted by yoctobyte

You have never started such a thread. You have started threads of every topic under the sun except this topic.
    Maybe it is because it is your thing? Where did that term even come from Once saved always saved" is that your creation? Anyways, you very rarely ever seem to ask anyone what or why they believe the way they do, or what ...[text shortened]... the bible is full of instruction on how to live, act, speak and even think. I agree with that.
    I will leave you with one sentence and I hope for your sake you understand:

It is Jesus Christ's way .. any other way is wrong
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 13:381 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I will leave you with one sentence and I hope for your sake you understand:

[b] It is Jesus Christ's way .. any other way is wrong
    [/b]
    My point is well taken!
    edit: Nothing more need be said.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 13:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Perhaps she has had enough of fruitless interrogations that lead to nothing but finger pointing and moralizing over people. I know I have.
    Do you consider yourself to be a 'Once Saved Always Saved' Christian?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 14:46
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    For as long as I can remember, the thrust of rajk999's posts has been "This is what Jesus says. This is what the apostles say. Follow what Jesus and the apostles say. God will judge."

What exactly is "unworkable" about that?

How exactly does rajk999 fail "to live up to it"? For that matter, how exactly can anyone fail "to live up to it"? Even if an ...[text shortened]... up to it", how exactly could that reasonably be construed as "evidence" that it is "unworkable"?
    I believe that good news of Jesus Christ is based on salvation by faith; Rajk999 believes in justification and salvation based on works. That is the fundamental difference. No one can be justified by works no matter how that belief is expressed; THAT (not shouting; just emphasising) IS the "good news" and that is why it is unworkable. It is not unworkable because obeying the teachings of Christ is unworkable, it is unworkable because justification is by faith. Yes faith without works is dead, but failing to obey one or more of the teachings of Christ does not mean that one is not saved.

Under the old convenant; "Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness". Abraham also obeyed God after he believed, but even then, he was accredited righteousness through faith.

Telling Christians that they should obey Christ is not wrong. Telling people that they will only be saved if the obey (act) Christ is incorrect teaching. The point of christs attonement is " through christ God was reconciling himself to the world".

Does disobedience have consequences? indeed it does as God is not mocked; but eternal life is not dependent on it. Look at Moses and David, both murderers and one and adulterer. Does this mean it is ok to murder - of course not! Both were punished.

Furthermore Rajk999 makes big claims and does not live up to them himself, even in the way he speaks to people in this forum. They way he speaks to people is no worse than how I have spoken to people; in not condemning him, I'm pointing out that he makes incorrect doctrinal claims and fails to live up to them. These claims are unworkable because they are an incomplete representation of the gospel (good news) and unworkable because he fails epically in living it himself.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 14:513 edits
    Amazing. The commandments of Christ must not be spoken of unless the speaker can live up to them ... thats the logic of most Christians. Yet they all claim that they think its important .. just dont talk about it

Hilarious kind of Christianity.
    Nonsense and lies. I've called you out several times for lying in this forum recently; about me in particular.

Preaching Christ is not wrong. Preaching that salvation is dependent on living christs life every day is wrong. You don't do it so unless you want to be called a hypocrite you should either modify your approach or start living it yourself; every day, every hour, every minute, every second. Because the way you behave in here is a universe away from what Christ taught us to behave.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 15:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Nonsense and lies. I've called you out several times for lying in this forum recently; about me in particular.

Preaching Christ is not wrong. Preaching that salvation is dependent on living christs life every day is wrong. You don't do it so unless you want to be called a hypocrite you should either modify your approach or start living it yourself; e ...[text shortened]... ond. Because the way you behave in here is a universe away from what Christ taught us to behave.
    You are just another cherry picking false Christian. Here is what Paul said:

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. (Galatians 2:16-17 KJV)

Yes - A man is justified by faith in Christ
    Yes - a man is not justified by works of the law [ie Law of Moses]

And you stop there. If you continue reading you would see that if you seek for Christ to justify you and give you salvation YOU CANNOT CONTINUE IN SIN.

Christians here preach that all their sin is forgiven and no sin is held against them
    Paul says no such thing.

The warning about avoiding sin and following Christs commandments as ESSENTIAL for eternal life is all over the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

You just choose to ignore it because apparently following Christ will deter you from enjoying your life.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 15:31
    Start a thread that deals with how important it is to follow the commandments of Christ.

You have never started such a thread. You have started threads of every topic under the sun except this topic.

Im waiting 😀
    Do you think salvation begins at Judgment day?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 15:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you think salvation begins at Judgment day?
    I dont know. What do you think?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 16:53
    I dont know. What do you think?
    You don't know?
    Seriously you are arguing the point about people being saved and you don't know when
    it happens?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 16:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You don't know?
    Seriously you are arguing the point about people being saved and you don't know when
    it happens?
    I tell people what I think.
    I provide supporting references for what I believe.
    You like to ask questions.
    Just say what you think or believe so that we can discuss it.
    Hows that.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 21:51
    He's not asking for sex
    His particular brand of self-serving, sneering interrogation could easily be described as 'mental masturbation', and as such I'm surprised that you yourself are such an acolyte of it.

Sorry, not interested.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 01:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    His particular brand of self-serving, sneering interrogation could easily be described as 'mental masturbation', and as such I'm surprised that you yourself are such an acolyte of it.

Sorry, not interested.
    But wouldn't one be forgiven for thinking that comments like this - from you - are just you engaging self-serving, sneering deflection?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 08:49
    You are just another cherry picking false Christian. Here is what Paul said:

[i]Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. [ ...[text shortened]... choose to ignore it because apparently following Christ will deter you from enjoying your life.
    The use of the term "cherry-picking" in this context is you trying to create a false dichotomy. You are also "cherry-picking" yourself!

There is no dichotomy between eternal salvation through faith in the redemptive work of Christ, and subsequently obeying the teachings of Christ. They are not mutually exclusive concepts within the gospel.

My point is the the "work" by which we are justified IS the redemptive "work" of Christ, not our own works. Form that point of eternal salvation we are required to follow the teachings of Christ.

You simple have the cart before the horse.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '16 08:54
    There is no dichotomy between eternal salvation through faith in the redemptive work of Christ, and subsequently obeying the teachings of Christ. They are not mutually exclusive concepts within the gospel.
    If you have "eternal salvation through faith", can your failure to obey the teachings of Christ result in the loss of your "salvation"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree