1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:19
    The 3 years of obfuscation by sonship is starting to add up to something quite distasteful.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:20
    @divegeester said
    Simple question Sonship, do you agree with the statement of belief from your church’s website which I’ve posted in my OP?
    There's a furtive reply!!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:212 edits
    So when you have a book called "The Beliefs and Practices of the Local Churches" and you have TWO statements -

1.)
    Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God;

Somewhere in the book under Beliefs

And

2.)

In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.

Once a person has been saved, he may have both the assurance of salvation and the security of salvation. Once we are saved, we are saved forever.

Under Concerning Salvation I think the place to look for specific teaching on being saved in Concerning Salvation is very important for specifics on Salvation.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:29
    @sonship said
    You see Divegeester has tried to make assurance of salvation a mental issue of whether someone agrees with Jack or not.

Notice the phrase "living contact".

You can have disagreements with other Christians about the Trinity yet have a living contact with the living Person of Christ.

So my replies have been cautious and qualified in the spirit of what was writt ...[text shortened]... ongs to hear me say is - "Disagree with sonship ??? You burn in hell."

A strange fancy indeed.
    FMF and divegeester are so wrapped up with themselves they are unable to have a rational objective discourse except to further the agenda of naysaying anything a Bible believing Christian has to say.

They ignore the clear wording of scripture. They exemplify the proverbial straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. Their minds only become truly engaged when asking how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:35
    @secondson said
    There's a furtive reply!!
    Would you like to comment on the point of the OP.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:36
    ... Are you suggesting that a Protestant can't have small disagreements with the phrasing of something about the Trinity and his church?

Why can't you accept the fact that SS has a nuanced view on this, and isn't committed to the position you suggest he is committed to..?

How is this even the basis for a new thread?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:36
    @secondson said
    FMF and divegeester are so wrapped up with themselves they are unable to have a rational objective discourse except to further the agenda of naysaying anything a Bible believing Christian has to say.

They ignore the clear wording of scripture. They exemplify the proverbial straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel. Their minds only become truly engaged when asking how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
    Would you like to comment on the content of the OP.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:371 edit
    @philokalia said
    ... Are you suggesting that a Protestant can't have small disagreements with the phrasing of something about the Trinity and his church?

Why can't you accept the fact that SS has a nuanced view on this, and isn't committed to the position you suggest he is committed to..?

How is this even the basis for a new thread?
    Who and which post are you replying to?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:39
    @sonship said
    So when you have a book called "The Beliefs and Practices of the Local Churches" and you have TWO statements -

1.)
    [quote] Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; [/qu ...[text shortened]... eaching on being saved in Concerning Salvation is very important for specifics on Salvation.
    Sonship, I have a very simple question for you.

Do you agree with your church’s statement of belief in regards to salvation depending on a belief in the Trinity?

Why won’t you say that you do?

It’s so weird.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:42
    @divegeester said
    Would you like to comment on the point of the OP.
    And the point is?

Is it that God is or isn't three Devine personalities in one, or is the point being if you don't believe it you'll go to hell?

Which is your big gripe? Or is it both?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:43
    @secondson said
    And the point is?

Is it that God is or isn't three Devine personalities in one, or is the point being if you don't believe it you'll go to hell?

Which is your big gripe? Or is it both?
    It’s very clear, just read it.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:44
    @philokalia said
    As for this issue, the piece in the OP suggests that a person's "salvation" is riding on it. You'd say that such a thing is a "small disagreement"?
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:44
    @divegeester said
    Sonship, I have a very simple question for you.

Do you agree with your church’s statement of belief in regards to salvation depending on a belief in the Trinity?

Why won’t you say that you do?

It’s so weird.
    I wouldn't blame sonship for not answering you.

You gripe too much. Must be frustrated about something.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:451 edit
    @secondson said
    I wouldn't blame sonship for not answering you.

You gripe too much. Must be frustrated about something.
    Your allegiance to sonship’s furtiveness is noted.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '18 23:45
    @secondson said
    What about the content of this thread's OP?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree