1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Rajk has it backwards, you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments.
    Otherwise it is works of the flesh.
    I have to say AMEN !
    AMEN!

Practically every epistle in the New Testament is seeking to bring the Christians BACK to Christ.

What is Galatians ? A book bringing the believers BACK to Jesus Christ - alive and available as the Spirit. Bringing them back from the law keeping of the Old Covenant.

What about Colossians? It is too to bring the Christians BACK from human philosophy to Christ.

Philippians brings the Christians back from working for God yet apart from Christ.

Ephesians brings the believers back from mere individual pursuit of personal spirituality to the corporate Christ - the church. What is our overcoming sin if it is not related to the church? What is any of the Christians' spirituality if it is divorced from God's plan - His house the church.

First and Second Corinthians? bring them back to Christ - Christ IN YOU.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 19:54
    Rajk has it backwards, you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments.
    Otherwise it is works of the flesh.
    Waiting for some references Checkbaiter
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 20:01
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Calling me ??

Huh. Tired of Calling Sonship already ?

Maybe you should start another thread "Begging Sonship to Go Away".
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 20:28
    9But you are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if in fact the spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this person is not his. 10But, if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. 11Moreover, if the spirit of him who raised Jesus out from among the dead lives in you, he who raised Christ Jesus out from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his spirit that dwells in you.

If you don't know this basic fact from the word of God, you are unable to discern spiritual matters. This is something a "babe" in Christ should know.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 20:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    I have to say AMEN !
    AMEN!

Practically every epistle in the New Testament is seeking to bring the Christians BACK to Christ.

What is [b]Galatians
    ? A book bringing the believers BACK to Jesus Christ - alive and available as the Spirit. Bringing them back from the law keeping of the Old Covenant.

What about Colossians? It is too to ...[text shortened]... the church.

First and Second Corinthians? bring them back to Christ - Christ IN YOU.[/b]
    Yes, there are Doctrinal Epistles, such as Romans, Ephesians, Thess., etc.,
    then Reproof Epistles or as you say (bring back) like Corinthians, and Correctional Epistles....
    Romans -Doctrine
    Corinth.- Reproof
    Galatians- Correction

Ephesians - Doctrine
    Phill. - Reproof
    Coloss- Corection

Thess.- has no reproof or Correction because they end in the "Rapture" or "Gathering together" of the saints.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 20:392 edits
    [b]9But you are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if in fact the spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this person is not his. 10But, if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. 11Moreover, if the spirit of him who raised Jesus out from among the dea ...[text shortened]... , you are unable to discern spiritual matters. This is something a "babe" in Christ should know.
    You said this:

.. you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments. Otherwise it is works of the flesh.

And the supporting reference is :

9But you are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if in fact the spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this person is not his. 10But, if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness. 11Moreover, if the spirit of him who raised Jesus out from among the dead lives in you, he who raised Christ Jesus out from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his spirit that dwells in you.

I have to wonder if you jokers went to school and have some basic education including the ability to read, write and understand simple English. Does not appear that way. I think it is rumoured that the United States have to worlds most backward education system .. something I have no proof of until now.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 21:15
    You said this:

[b] .. you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments. Otherwise it is works of the flesh.

And the supporting reference is :

[i]9But you are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if in fact the spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this person is not his. 10But, if Christ is in ...[text shortened]... States have to worlds most backward education system .. something I have no proof of until now.[/b]
    What do you suppose the spirit giving life to your mortal bodies means? What did Jesus mean when He said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 21:19
    Here is another one, they are all over the place....
    For if you continue to live according to the flesh, you are about to die, but if by the spirit you continue to put to death the practices of the body, you will live. 14For as many as are led by the spirit of God, these are sons of God.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 21:27
    What do you suppose the spirit giving life to your mortal bodies means? What did Jesus mean when He said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak?
    Actually I dont have to answer that. YOU SAID: .. you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments. Otherwise it is works of the flesh.

And your supporting reference was :

YOU explain what it means using your reference.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 21:28
    Here is another one, they are all over the place....
    For if you continue to live according to the flesh, you are about to die, [b]but if by the spirit
    you continue to put to death the practices of the body, you will live. 14For as many as are led by the spirit of God, these are sons of God.[/b]
    Lack the courtesy to quote something properly .. like in stating the book and chapter?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 22:34
    Lack the courtesy to quote something properly .. like in stating the book and chapter?
    I didn't bother because most Christians know these by heart...sorry
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 22:36
    Actually I dont have to answer that. YOU SAID: [b] .. you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments. Otherwise it is works of the flesh.

And your supporting reference was :

9But you are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if in fact the spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this person is ...[text shortened]... odies through his spirit that dwells in you.

YOU explain what it means using your reference.[/b]
    I don't have the time...sorry, maybe in a few days....
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 22:581 edit
    I don't have the time...sorry, maybe in a few days....
    Well .. I know you cannot. Your modus operandi is as follows:
    1. Make statements without supporting references
    2. When confronted you quote a passage that bears no resemblece to the original statement ie for any normal right thinking person
    3. Make the claim that I dont understand the Bible

For example your statements just in the last few days.
    -. A man must have one wife
    - God did not allow mankind to be exposed to the Devil in the OT
    -. The new dsipensation did away with the doctrine of Christ
    - Now this one

You provided no clear references for these. Yet you are so sure that they are correct.

When I say something I have very clear references that is almost exactly as I say it. Maybe you should try to do that instead of believing church dogma.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '16 01:023 edits
    Well .. I know you cannot. Your modus operandi is as follows:
    1. Make statements without supporting references
    2. When confronted you quote a passage that bears no resemblece to the original statement ie for any normal right thinking person
    3. Make the claim that I dont understand the Bible

For example your statements just in the last few days.
    -. A m ch dogma.
    Your modus operandi is as follows:

What's the subject being discussed ?
    Doesn't matter!
    You're not saved unless you keep my list of commandments.

When challenged -

"Eveybody is under traditional religious dogmas except me."
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 May '16 02:091 edit
    deleted

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree