1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '16 23:21
    To "Receive the Holy Spirit" was a basic command of Jesus to His disciples.
    So when He says if we love Him we will keep His word, surely the most basic word is to receive Him. That means to "Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:22)

The cornerstone of the New Testament is that Jesus Christ is alive and available.
    Since He resurrected and in the form of the Holy Spirit is available, the most important commanding word is or man to "Receive the Holy Spirit".

If anyone thinks he can reject Christ and not receive Christ, no matter what they THINK they are doing to keep His word, He and the Father will not come to make an abode with that person.

Beware that ThinkoOne and Rajk999 are not attempting to use John 14:23 to teach that Christ is dead and unavailable but if they somehow keep Christ's word, according to their concept, Christ and the Father will come to make an abode with such a one. He will not.

He will not because in rebellion the person will not Receive the Holy Spirit. He who does not "Receive the Holy Spirit" the Father and the Son will not make an abode with. if they follow the golden rule thinking that they are keeping Christ's word yet refuse to receive the living and available Christ, the Triune God will not make an abode with them.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 00:014 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Let's look at what I posted:

If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage.

As I showed in my previous post, in John 14:16-24 Jesus makes it clear that Jesus / God / the "Spirit of truth" will only abide in those who KEEP His commandments.

The command that men first receive from Jesus is the believe in Him. In fact this is called "the work/s of God" by Jesus.

" ... What shall we do that we may work the works of God?

Then Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe into Him who He has sent. " (John 6:28,29)

This is a command that never grows old. The believer never graduates from deeper and deeper believing in Jesus Whom God has sent.

The sinner believes initially and receives Christ as Savior.
    Then he does the work of God by deepening that believing into Christ.
    He believes for this area of his life. He believes for that area of his life.
    He deepens his belief by taking Christ as everything he needs, even to the point of Christ saturating his thought life and motives.

Anyone who does not believe into Christ cannot be keeping His word to receive Him and believe into Him. Since he refuses to believe Jesus is alive and available upon that refusal the Father and the Son can never make an abode with him according to John 14:23..
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 00:041 edit

You have once again found a way to dismiss or otherwise ignore what Jesus makes perfectly clear in that passage and have remained true to form.

I do not dismiss anything. If we love Him we will keep His word STARTING with the most basic command to believe into Him.

If we love Him we will keep His foundational work to Receive Him.

" ... and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me." (See John 13:20b)

Any fool who says in his heart "I have no intention of receiving Jesus, but I will keep the golden rule without believing in His redemptive death and resurrection" will not find the Father and the Son coming to him to make an abode with him. The Holy Spirit cannot because his will is set against Christ and locks Him out of his heart.

That person will not be saved.
    Though he help old people across the street under the confidence that he is keeping the command of Jesus, he does not allow Jesus to come to make an abode with him.

He also cannot run to third base before he has gotten to first base.
    His good works are not out of faith and will not justify him because "By works of the law no flesh will be justified."

"Because out of the works of the law no flesh shall be justified before Him; for through the law is the clear knowledge of sin." (Rom. 3:20)

Do you actually believe that everyone who declares / believes that Jesus abides in them necessarily has Jesus abiding in them?

No. But I do believe Romans 10:9-13

I do not believe that the command Receive the Holy Spirit being refused because one does not regard Christ as living and available can "keep" His word or His commandments.

As many as RECEIVED HIM to them He gave authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name. (John 1:12)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 00:042 edits

Or is it more akin to declaring Jesus as "Lord"?

Matthew 7
    21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You cannot use this passage as a rationale to reject Christ not receiving the Holy Spirit and assuming you are keeping His commandments.

That is all I mention as important at this moment.

Any coward not willing to confess Jesus as Lord before men because he thinks Jesus is dead, cannot boast that he knows how to keep the word or commandments of Jesus. And such a foolish one will not be an abode of the Father and the Son.

In the chapter discussed Jesus made it emphatic that the "many abodes" of the Father's living house was to those who believe in God and in Himself.

" Do not let your heart be troubled; BELIEVE INTO GOD, BELIEVE ALSO INTO ME.

In My Father's house are many abodes; if it were not so I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you." (See John 14:1,2)

He and the Father coming to make an abode with us is based upon His going to Calvary's cross and preparing a way through His redemption, for man to have a standing in God Himself.

Aside from His eternal redemption we could not be where He is - in the Father and the Father in Him.

Naturally if you do not believe that Christ is risen, you cannot believe that He is available to receive you to Himself. For "Himself" is nonexistent to you. And you do not believe in His redemptive death and resurrection to either command us OR make His abode with us.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 00:294 edits
    "Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me ..."

A man should ask himself about any so-called ministry which claims to be about the teaching of Jesus.

"Does this in fact increase my LOVE for the Lord Jesus?"

A teaching may actually cool down one's love for Jesus. Jesus can become a bothering. The more he listens to some teachers the more he may be bothered about Jesus and feels to be independent from Jesus.

He may draw near to God with his mouth but be increasingly far from God in his heart.

Then there are the commands of Jesus. The command to receive Him in His form as the Holy Spirit is a command to be kept.

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him and We will come to him and make an abode with him."

His word and command begins with the charge to receive Him in His form as the Holy Spirit.

" Jesus said to them again, Peace be to you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you. And when He had said this, He breathed into them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit." (John 20:21,22)

Anyone teaching that these are not the words of Jesus surely is not interested in loving Him or His Father. How can he teach you to love Jesus?

The more you listen to such talk opposing Jesus the more your heart will be lukewarm and finally cold towards Jesus Christ.

How then will the Father and the resurrected Son as the pneumatic Christ come to make an abode in your innermost spiritual being ?

Anyone teaching that John chapter 20 contains no authentic words of Jesus because it was after His death, cannot teach you to love Jesus or keep His word. His aim is that you do not love Jesus and that you reject His word.

What possible authority can he be on John 14:23. ?
    The core of the teaching of such a one is to Reject the Holy Spirit.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    To [b] "Receive the Holy Spirit" was a basic command of Jesus to His disciples.
    So when He says if we love Him we will keep His word, surely the most basic word is to receive Him. That means to "Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:22)

The cornerstone of the New Testament is that Jesus Christ is alive and available.
    Since He resurrected and i ...[text shortened]... use to receive the living and available Christ, the Triune God will not make an abode with them.[/b]
    People can read for themselves what Jesus said and interpret for themselves. Nobody needs a false teacher to interpret for them. Jesus said .. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23 KJV)

The fact that you need to explain over what Jesus already explained so clearly means that you are not agreeing with what Jesus Christ said. It is simple, so simple that a 5 yr old can understand and DO as Christ commanded. IF YOU KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS, THEN CHRIST MAKES HIS ABODE WITH YOU

There is a condition that has to be fulfilled before Christ makes his abode with the Christian. Its NOT like how many Christians say it: - IF God gives me eternal life first, THEN I will obey the commandments. That attitude is such preposterous nonsense, it is hard to imagine people actually falling such a completely contrary doctrine to what Jesus preached. Anyone that believes that doctrine cannot be of Christ and cannot possibly have Gods Spirit.

The teachings of Christ has the same condition .. OBEY FIRST, THEN CERTAIN THINGS HAPPEN.:

Read it
    Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
    John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
    John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
    Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

In other words:

IF someone follows his commandments :
    - THEN that person is a disciple
    - THEN that person is never sees death
    - THEN that person will abide in Christ's love
    - THEN the Comforter is sent to that person for ever
    - THEN that person is a friend of Christ
    - THEN that person will enter into life
    - THEN that person will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 11:52

People can read for themselves what Jesus said and interpret for themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that Rajk999 makes this apply to everyone except himself.
    He repeatedly chimes in to "help" readers of the words of Jesus advance Rajk999's anti-grace Arminian emphasis.

Why doesn't Rajk999 apply the [i] "No help needed" [/i[ philosophy to himself ?

Nobody needs a false teacher to interpret for them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's see then if Rajk999 has identified some false teaching in the previous four to six posts I have made in this thread.

Jesus said .. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23 KJV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No false teaching with any of this. I affirm that to the lovers of Jesus, He and His Father will come to make an abode with each of them. No false teaching in my affirmation of these words.

The fact that you need to explain over what Jesus already explained so clearly means that you are not agreeing with what Jesus Christ said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mind someone say that they don't like my exposition on a passage.
    To PROVE falsehood in what I explained, that Rajk999 cannot do.

Watch him try.

It is simple, so simple that a 5 yr old can understand and DO as Christ commanded. IF YOU KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS, THEN CHRIST MAKES HIS ABODE WITH YOU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I pointed out was that He commanded His disciples (AND US frankly) to Receive the Holy Spirit.

My burden was to point out that to come into Christ Himself, receive Christ Himself, open up one's heart to Christ Himself is the most important commandment.

And I pointed out briefly that this is an ongoing matter.
    I received Jesus initially for eternal redemption. But every day, indeed every moment I need to remain open to allow His Spirit to enter more chambers of my being.

Therefore, to receive Jesus is the underlying commandment.

It is possible that Rajk999 has so much self confidence the he can follow Jesus that he doesn't need to think about receiving Jesus.

In his tag Rajk999 has "Enjoying". When I tried to get him to speak of his subjective experience of Christ he always sidesteps, refuses and bows out under some lame excuse. He boasts of "Enjoying" - I don't know what. But he sure refuses to speak of any "enjoyment" of God.

Oh doctrine he will argue about. But it is only objective with no personal testimony of his own "Enjoyment" of Christ. Perhaps he has none. I don't know. But he will make rationales not to talk about his own experience.

On the other hand I have spoken often about my subjective experience and real enjoyment of the Holy Spirit and of Christ.

It is a strange thing - a man so strong to teach about Jesus yet so very, very reluctant to describe his own personal experience of Jesus.

The same goes for ToO.
    The Apostle Paul was not like this at all. And i don't want to be one who speaks only in terms of objective dogmas. Why not add also one's own enjoyment of the truths being spoken of ?

That is what it is to be a witness of Jesus.
    "They overcame him [the devil] ... by the word of their testimony ..." See (Rev. 12:10)

There is a condition that has to be fulfilled before Christ makes his abode with the Christian. Its NOT like how many Christians say it: - IF God gives me eternal life first, THEN I will obey the commandments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This man is simply lost. It is THROUGH the divine life that the Christian is at all able to obey the Lord Jesus.

Grace is like powersteering somewhat in an automobile. The Grace of Christ empowers because Christ ALONE is the only man absolute for the will of God. The marvel is that Christ has come into the Christian's spirit to co-operate with the believer.

So the more one realizes that with EVERTHING and in EVERY WAY he needs the life of Jesus to live for God, the more triumph he experiences. Then he can say with Paul that it is no longer he that lives but Christ that lives within him.

So again I stress that the most basic command of Jesus is to Receive Him and to "Receive the Holy Spirit".

This morning, though I am eternally saved, I still need to actively .Receive the Holy Spirit for the grace to live unto God.

We should have no confidence in ourselves. All our confidence should be in receiving Jesus Christ into more and more areas of our living.

So to love Him and receive HIm has to be the most basic and underlying word and commandment of Jesus Christ for Him to initially make an abode in us. And it is the continuation of this RECEIVING Him into more chambers of our hearts that causes Him to make His home more and more in our heart and "power steer" our daily living with empowering grace.

Here we see Paul insisting that he live everyday the righteousness of God based upon faith.

"And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is of God and based on faith." (Philippians 3:9)

As you read Rajk999's posts ask - "Is this man trying to carry out his own self effort to live righteously? Or is his righteousness based on receiving Christ as everything ? What is exalted finally, his own zeal and self effort to do what Jesus said ?"

The Christian life has to be believing the Christ coming into your heart can be EVERYTHING you need. He can regulate and empower through His indwelling grace every area of your living.

So the Christian never graduates from the need to receive Christ - the basic command, the basic word of Christ. To ABIDE in Him (John 15).
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 12:06
    [b]
    People can read for themselves what Jesus said and interpret for themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that Rajk999 makes this apply to everyone except himself.
    He repeatedly chimes in to "help" readers of the words of Jesus advance Rajk999's anti-grace Arminia ...[text shortened]... receive Christ - the basic command, the basic word of Christ. To ABIDE in Him (John 15).[/b]
    According to Jesus Christ:
    IF you follow my commandments THEN I will make my abode with you

According to false Christians like yourself:
    IF God gives me eternal life, THEN I will follow Christ commandments

People will make their own decision about who to follow ..
    - the Christian masses that follows after false doctrines or
    - the elect and chosen few who follow Jesus Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 15:352 edits
    Rajk999 for putting forth such effort to call me out and try to debunk once and for all what I have been writing.

Here's his last installment:

According to Jesus Christ:
    IF you follow my commandments THEN I will make my abode with you

I in no way contradicted this. I did say that we have to receive Jesus Himself into our being. That is the first commandment. And that is also a commandment that we never ever graduate from.

Have I received Jesus. Yes Indeed I have! Many years ago I first received Jesus.

Okay then. Do I still need to receive Jesus ?? Yes Indeed.
    This morning while I drive in heavy DC area traffic I assure you that there will be temptations to be angry.

In those moments of temptation I will have to receive Jesus again into my emotions. This is how I can receive Jesus again and again.

"Lord Jesus, I praise You that You live in me. Lord in this traffic with rude drivers, Lord, come into my emotions. I take You Lord as my feelings. I take You Lord Jesus as my attitude and actions."

This is not receiving Jesus for eternal redemption, which only needs to occur once in my lifetime. But this is continuing to receive Him in order to Walk by the Spirit.

This is keeping His word to believe in Him, even to believe INTO Him. This is opening more of my heart that by faith He may make His home in my heart - in ALL of my heart.

Paul's prayer was for this kind of strenghtening INTO the realm of Christ within. This is the strengthening the bond between the believer and the indwelling Spirit of Jesus Christ that Christ may make His HOME - settle down - have complete authority over one's heart.

"That He would grant you [Christians] according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man,

That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith ..." (Eph. 3:16,17)

Does Rajk999 know ANYTHING about this ? I wonder. The saved Christian, for whom the question of eternal salvation has been solved once and for all ... needs to be STRENGTHENED into the sphere of Christ.

The saved believer for whom eternal life is a settle issue forever, needs to be STRENGTHENED into the inner man. That is where Christ is, in the innermost being. Paul prays that we who have eternal life would be STRENGTHENED ... STRENGTHENED .... more and more and more STRENGTHENED into that realm where the living Spirit of Christ is.

In this way as we are strengthened into our spirit, Christ then migrate out into all the other parts of our being. He " makes His home" in our hearts. That is a transformation of the soul.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 15:37

According to false Christians like yourself:
    IF God gives me eternal life, THEN I will follow Christ commandments

People will make their own decision about who to follow ..

This heretic wants to discourage people from proclaiming that Jesus Christ lives in them. So we bring him back to the New Testament which says we BELIEVE therefore we SPEAK.

Second Corinthians 4:13 says -

And having the same spirit of faith according to that which is written, " I believed, therefore I spoke," we also believe therefore we also speak."

People like Rajk999 say "Oh No. Don't dare speak these things. You have to first keep the commandments. "

It sounds good doesn't it ? But we overcome the Devil by the blood of the Lamb and "BY THE WORD OF [OUR] TESTIMONY".

Receive Jesus. Then rise in the morning, each morning and begin the day proclaiming -

"In my spirit lives Jesus Christ. In my spirit lives a Perfect Man. God is in me. I am joined to the Lord. I am one spirit with the Lord. The Triune God lives in me. I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. "

This is the SAME spirit of faith. This is we believe THEREFORE WE SPEAK.
    Don't be bothered by Rajk999's kind of trust in SELF EFFORT of the religious nature.

I have no confidence at all in myself. All my confidence is in the One who saved me forever with His precious blood.

Says me only? No, says also Paul and his companion apostles.

" For we are the circumcision, the ones who serve by the Spirit of God and boast in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh." (Phil. 3:3)

Rajk999, we Christians should boast in Christ Jesus. We Christians should have ZERO confidence in the religious flesh. Our dedication and our zeal mean nothing. Christ is our everything. We need to be strengthened into the inner man where Christ is so that Christ may make His home in our hearts by faith.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 17:532 edits
    Rajk999 for putting forth such effort to call me out and try to debunk once and for all what I have been writing.

Here's his last installment:l.
    I can pick just about any passage you quote and show how your doctrine is misleading to the gullible and annoying to those who know the truth. Here is one. You quote this:

"That He would grant you [Christians] according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith ..." (Eph. 3:16,17)

You did not quote the entire passage but left out this part:

... that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV)

Paul continues to explain what it means to have Christ make His home in the hearts of Christians in Chapter 4. Its all about doing good works and keeping away from sin.

Now Chapter 5 is a chapter you never quote since it says:

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. (Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)

Paul says that THOSE CHRISTIANS WHO CONTINUE WITH SIN HAS NO INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

It certainly is not just accept Christ with your mouth and you are saved dternally. Read your Bible instead of cherry picking verses. Read the whole of Ephesians to get the whole truth. What you present is half truths and deceit.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 18:18
    Rajk has it backwards, you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments.
    Otherwise it is works of the flesh.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 May '16 18:33
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Rajk has it backwards, you receive Jesus TO be able to obey/follow his commandments.
    Otherwise it is works of the flesh.
    Jesus never said that. Now if that were true he would have said it. Paul never said that either. You statement is fabrication of false teachers.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 19:382 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Rajk999 continues his frontal attack !!

I can pick just about any passage you quote and show how your doctrine is misleading to the gullible and annoying to those who know the truth. Here is one. You quote this:

"That He would grant you [Christians] according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith ..." (Eph. 3:16,17)

You did not quote the entire passage but left out this part:

I'd love to quote the entire chapter. I'd love to quote the whole book of Ephesians.
    So what is "left out" .? I'd be glad to comment on more.

... that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
    May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV)

Is there something in the extended quotation which argues against my comments on verses 16 and 17 ?

Paul continues to explain what it means to have Christ make His home in the hearts of Christians in Chapter 4. Its all about doing good works and keeping away from sin.

How is Christ making His home in man's heart somehow against doing good works or keeping away from sin ?

Rajk999 creates a totally 100% false crises.

Now the remaining part of the passage is precious because it goes beyond any single individual Christian's spirituality and relates it to God's larger plan to build up a corporate entity the church.

This requires that our roots go deep down into Christ.
    Actually, His making His home in the hearts of the believers is the sinking of the Christian roots deeper down into Christ.

" That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

May be full of strength ..."

As you can see 'full of strength" is because Christ makes His home in the heart.
    "Full of strength" is full of the strength that Christ supplies.

It is not natural strength no matter how well intentioned. It is the strength that is brought up onto the believers because their roots have sunk deep into a Person - Christ.
    From Christ the living Lord the roots draw up all the nourishment and nutrients that are IN CHRIST.

The roots also stabilize the corporate entity of the church -

"that you, being rooted and grounded in love, [Oh God is love] May be full of strength to apprehend with all the saints what the breadth and length and height and depth are ..."

Here Paul is saying Christ is like the boundless dimensions of the universe. He is infinite in supply to what man needs.

How broad is the breadth ?
    How long is the length ?
    How high is the height ?
    How deep is the depth ?

They are all infinite. They are as endless to us as the very dimensions of the universe.
    The church needs strength to apprehend just how rich and extensive Christ is.

Do you need patience ? Patience is Christ.
    Do you need endurance ? Endurance is Christ.
    Do you need love ? Love is Christ.
    Do you need faithfulness, longsuffering, freedom, victory, perseverance, loyalty, wisdom, power ? Christ is the limitless supply of everything man needs.

Christ is the perfect man and the complete God. So Christ Himself must make His home in our hearts through following Rajk999's check list ? No Christ makes His home in our hearts "through faith".

That's what it says. Christ makes His home in our hearts "through faith".
    I think Rajk999 just despises faith.

It seems that his mission is of an exterminator. He is out to exterminate faith.
    Satan of course is the being in this universe wanting to exterminate faith in God.

Now Chapter 5 is a chapter you never quote since it says:

Like I said, I would have liked to quote the whole book.
    Then complaints come about being too verbose.
    Then boasting comes that "I didn't read your long post. Kudos for me."

And walk in love,

That means walk in Christ.

as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

The only thing that smells sweet to God is Christ.

"This is my beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased."

Of course Christ living in us smells wonderful to God.

But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

If you want to escape these things, you better walk in Christ.
    If you want victory over these sins you better take Christ the Victor.
    Christ alone is the Overcomer.
    You better ABIDE in Christ to be an overcomer.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 19:401 edit

Neither filthiness,

Christ is verses filthiness. Better start the day with Christ.
    In fact you better step by step learn to enjoy Christ.

nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient:

The are not only not convenient. They are not Christ.
    Abide in the living and available Christ Who is the one making an abode with the lovers of Jesus.

So far there is exactly NOTHING that Rajk999 has warned us that refutes the need to receive Christ and open up the heart that He make His home there.

There is nothing here contradicting my exhortation to Receive the Holy Spirit today, tomorrow and indeed everyday. And there is nothing in Rajk999 alarm that refutes the need to Receive the Holy Spirit moment by moment breathing the name of Jesus. That is turning the heart to love Him in all kinds of situations.

but rather giving of thanks.

That is especially giving thanks to God for the topmost blessing of God - CHRIST !

We can continuously give thanks that Christ is in us (once we have received Him) and that He is EVERYTHING we need. Like this:

"Lord Jesus, in this situation I thank You that You are wisdom to me.
    Lord Jesus, I thank You that YOU are my love and my patience.
    Lord Jesus I even thankyou for Your sovereign arrangement.
    Lord Jesus thankyou that ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His eternal purpose (Romans. 8:29).

Lord I thankyou just for YOURSELF.
    Lord Jesus THANK YOU that You are SO attractive.
    Lord Jesus THANKYOU that you draw my heart away from sin and filthiness.

Lord Jesus I thankyou that You are eternal life to me.
    Lord Jesus I thankyou that I can pray.
    Jesus thankyou I can 'eat You' and live because of You.

Lord Jesus I have so much to thank You for.
    Thank you Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus I love You and thank You.

Lord Jesus in this difficult situation that I am in right now, I give THANKS to You. You Lord Jesus are my all and all.

Giving thanks in all things.

For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. (Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)

Paul says that THOSE CHRISTIANS WHO CONTINUE WITH SIN HAS NO INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

That is why we teach Christians about abiding in Christ and that Christ can live in them to overcome the world and sin.

Duh !!

It certainly is not just accept Christ with your mouth and you are saved dternally. Read your Bible instead of cherry picking verses. Read the whole of Ephesians to get the whole truth. What you present is half truths and deceit.

Cherries can be quite tasty.
    The whole Bible is a feast of Christ.

If we EAT Him we will live because of Him.

" As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

Once Jesus initially comes into our hearts we need to learn to EAT Jesus. He is good for food. And in this chapter of john 6 to EAT Him is to take in His word.

I say to eat His flesh and drink His blood as true food, as He taught, is to take in His word:

" It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh profits nothing; the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." (John 6:63)

Isn't this marvelous readers? The Spirit gives life. And the Spirit is in the words of Jesus.
    Jesus is therefore in the words of Jesus as the life giving Spirit.

" the last Adam became a life giving Spirit " (1 Cor. 15:45)

It is the Spirit that gives divine life.
    And Christ as the last Adam "became a life giving Spirit".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree