1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 13:493 edits
    ToO wants everyone to pay attention to the words of "Jesus while He walked on the earth".

Here are some of those words:

"From that time Jesus began to show to his disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised on the third day." (Matthew 16:21)

"[Jesus] Saying, The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised." (Luke 9:22)

"The Jews then answered and said to Him, What sign will you show us, seeing that you do these things?

Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. ... But He spoke of the temple of His body.

When therefore He was raised from among the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken" (See John 2:18-22)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 13:521 edit
    These are crucial words of Jesus "while He walked on the earth".
    If we intend to love Him and keep His word as He makes an abode with us (John 14:23) ... THESE words should be kept also.

And THIS word also showing the real significance of His dying and rising from the dead -

" ... Jesus took bread and blessed it, and He broke it and gave it to the disciples and said,

Take, eat; this is My body.

And He took a cup and gave thanks, and He gave it to them, saying,

Drink of it, all of you, For this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins." (Matt. 26:26-28)

... while He walked on earth.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 13:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    ToO wants everyone to pay attention to the words of "Jesus while He walked on the earth".

Here are some of those words:

[b] "From that time Jesus began to show to his disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised on the third day." (Matthew 16:21)

"[ ...[text shortened]... ness of sins." (Matt. 26:26-28)

... while He walked on earth. [/b]
    Imagine if anyone suggested the words of the bible are literally true. Imagine if we decided to focus strictly on the words of Jeus "while he walked on earth" and not the words of his self appointed interpreters?
    "The Jews then answered and said to Him, What sign will you show us, seeing that you do these things?

Jesus answered and said to them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. ... But He spoke of the temple of His body.

Maybe we can just continually adjust the meaning of words to make them fit our ever changing requirements, or maybe he spoke about the temple and made a claim he could not match with deeds. It is more than two millenia and counting since the temple of his time was destroyed.

Romans 1 Jesus 0
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 02:002 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Maybe we can just continually adjust the meaning of words to make them fit our ever changing requirements, or maybe he spoke about the temple and made a claim he could not match with deeds. It is more than two millenia and counting since the temple of his time was destroyed.

Romans 1 Jesus 0

------------------------------------------------------

Romans and Jesus are on the same team. So I would put it at

Jesus and Romans 1 . . . . Finnegan (who knows? Too much noncomittal "maybe, maybe, maybe" )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree