1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:52
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And Im saying that whether or not someone has or does not have, the Spirit of God is THEIR BUSINESS NOT MINE.

Get it now?
    No, if you didn't spend so much time attempting to correct people about their efforts to do
    good works I'd say could I'd believe you. Since you spend a lot of time calling people out
    for those things that you disagree with I do not think you are being honest here, if you
    really thought what was going on between them and God was their business you'd not be
    such a blow hard about good works and who is obeying. Your actions here do not line up
    with what you claim about yourself.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The sad part is this alleged god you think you have could give a crap less about the plight of humans. Even assuming there IS such a bible god. For evidence I give you the hundred MILLION dead or more in century 19,20,21 from despots and wars not even counting famine and disease, strictly human killing human for idealouges or wars or religion.

Do you ser ...[text shortened]... hing about them.

So the deaths of infants, children, women meant nothing to this alleged god.
    Everyone is going to die, this life is very short. The one that lasts forever, another story.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 14:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, if you didn't spend so much time attempting to correct people about their efforts to do
    good works I'd say could I'd believe you. Since you spend a lot of time calling people out
    for those things that you disagree with I do not think you are being honest here, if you
    really thought what was going on between them and God was their business you'd not b ...[text shortened]... works and who is obeying. Your actions here do not line up
    with what you claim about yourself.
    It is clear that you do not have the ability to understand what I write.

I never correct people about their efforts to do good works. .. I NEVER DO THAT.

I correct peoples DOCTRINE OR TEACHINGS ABOUT GOOD WORKS. The doctrine of Jesus Christ pertaining to good works is contrary to what Christians preach in my opinion.

But somehow I dont think you can understand the difference.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 16:36
    It is clear that you do not have the ability to understand what I write.

I never correct people about their efforts to do good works. .. I NEVER DO THAT.

I correct peoples DOCTRINE OR TEACHINGS ABOUT GOOD WORKS. The doctrine of Jesus Christ pertaining to good works is contrary to what Christians preach in my opinion.

But somehow I dont think you can understand the difference.
    I've been reading you for awhile I think I'm clear.

You have called out several people including myself about how we view scripture and
    have accused several people including myself from ignoring what the scripture says.

Yet the very thing you accuse others of doing, you do! I never asked if you were a
    someone who could tell if someone had the Holy Spirit. The question wasn't that you
    could tell, but what God requires!

You have on a large number of times ranted about what God requires when it comes too
    good works even to the point where you claimed those that do not know Christ can and
    will be saved. That means you believe you know what it was that God requires to the
    point of rejecting what other scripture says that does not agree with YOU.

We all in following God daily must have Him in our lives, you cannot follow the Spirit of
    God unless you have the Spirit of God. If you are not following God's Spirit the only other
    thing left is following your flesh, and if you are doing that you cannot please God.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '16 16:44

You have called out several people including myself about how we view scripture and
    have accused several people including myself from ignoring what the scripture says.

Yet the very thing you accuse others of doing, you do! I never asked if you were a
    someone who could tell if someone had the Holy S ...[text shortened]... only other
    thing left is following your flesh, and if you are doing that you cannot please God.
    Is God not pleased by the atheist who helps the old lady across the road?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 17:22

someone who could tell if someone had the Holy S ...[text shortened]... only other
    OK !! .. 😀
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 17:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Nope apparently.

God wants people to call on his name and claim to know him. He wants them to go to church and pray all the time and sing hymns. He wants them to live sinful lives and then ask for forgiveness [because this is why Christ died], and sin and the ask again and over and over.

Those who live righteously and do good deeds are frowned upon as they are trying to earn their salvation. Continue with that nonsense and you will end up in hell fire.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '16 08:36
    You do not understand.

Your relationship with God is YOUR BUSINESS .. not mine.
    My relationship with God is MY BUSINESS .. not yours.

Get it?
    And yet you continually poke YOUR nose into what you expressly state here is OUR business.

You blather on for pages about your ASSUMED characterization of our Christianity. You do this all the time, continually. You are like others on this website who attack others in the forums for not agreeing with them. Almost no one here (except the notable exception of ToO) agrees with your "works"-based salvation. So you attack us at every opportunity for the grand crime of not agreeing with the "fringe" things you say.

And then, when asked to "put your money where your mouth is", you rather lamely claim that your salvation is your business, not ours. As if we haven't been telling you that very same thing for a very long time here. I'm pretty sure you assuming things that are not true about our Christianity isn't one of Christ's commandments, either.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 May '16 18:414 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage. Of course taking such an approach yields "nonsense", but it is how sonship manages to hold onto his beliefs.

I will take ...[text shortened]... roach. Let's see also how long a time you need to muster up the guts to give me a simple answer.
    Let's look at what I posted:

If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage.

As I showed in my previous post, in John 14:16-24 Jesus makes it clear that Jesus / God / the "Spirit of truth" will only abide in those who KEEP His commandments.

You have once again found a way to dismiss or otherwise ignore what Jesus makes perfectly clear in that passage and have remained true to form.

Do you actually believe that everyone who declares / believes that Jesus abides in them necessarily has Jesus abiding in them?

Or is it more akin to declaring Jesus as "Lord"?

Matthew 7
    21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In the above Jesus makes it perfectly clear that it is only His judgment that counts - any self-declaration notwithstanding.

You should note that Matthew 7:21-23 and John 14:16-24 are consistent with Jesus saying, " I never knew you: depart from me" to those who continue to sin and that He does not abide in them.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '16 20:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    God I believe is pleased with every kindness we show no matter who shows it.
    None of them are good enough to cause Him to over look all the other things in our lives
    that we do out of our sinful nature. Which is why we need Christ, His work was, is, and
    will always be good enough.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 May '16 17:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Let's look at what I posted:

If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage.

As I showed in my previous post, in John 14:16-24 Jesus makes it clear that Jesus / ...[text shortened]... never knew you: depart from me" to those who continue to sin and that He does not abide in them.
    bump for jaywill
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 21:16
    God I believe is pleased with every kindness we show no matter who shows it.
    None of them are good enough to cause Him to over look all the other things in our lives
    that we do out of our sinful nature. Which is why we need Christ, His work was, is, and
    will always be good enough.
    If it is pleased with every kindness we show why didn't it show displeasure at the deaths of several hundred million people by despots in century 20 and 19? Which is still going on today, don't hear a deity bitching about all those deaths. Oh wait, I forgot, your god is a LOVING god.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 21:30
    If it is pleased with every kindness we show why didn't it show displeasure at the deaths of several hundred million people by despots in century 20 and 19? Which is still going on today, don't hear a deity bitching about all those deaths. Oh wait, I forgot, your god is a LOVING god.
    We all die
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 21:45
    We all die
    Ah, I guess that makes it all ok. Babies burned in ovens, a great way to die.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 22:40
    Ah, I guess that makes it all ok. Babies burned in ovens, a great way to die.
    Death happens to each of us, I agree some ways are worse than others, but no one has
    escaped that fate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree