1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '16 22:275 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage. Of course taking such an approach yields "nonsense", but it is how sonship manages to hold onto his beliefs.

I will take a much simpler approach today. I will simply ask you and Rajk999 if Jesus Christ abides in you.

And why not? This is the direct approach Paul used.

" Test yourselves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved? " (2 Cor. 13:5)

I fully realize that Jesus Christ is in me. I past the test. How about you and Rajk999 ?

Oh, I also am aware that I am continuing in the life long process of learning to walk in Him and keep His commandments - following His leading.

So do either of you - Rajk9999 or ThinkofOne have the clarity and courage to confess that Jesus Christ lives in you ?

Or will you make excuses for not having that assurance ? Will either of you two "cobble together" various and sundry excuses to cloak the uncertainty you have that Jesus Christ has taken up an abode in you ?

Let's see how you answer this simple approach. Let's see also how long a time you need to muster up the guts to give me a simple answer.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 00:141 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    If sonship remains true to form, he has or will cobble together verses and/or portions of verses taken out of context from disparate passages and use them to dismiss what Jesus makes perfectly clear in the above passage. Of course taking such an approach yields "nonsense", but it is how sonship manages to hold onto his beliefs.

I will take ...[text shortened]... roach. Let's see also how long a time you need to muster up the guts to give me a simple answer.
    Yet another demonstration of your inability to understand simple language, and your continued failure to include the context. You have TWO failings here:

1. Paul said to test yourselves. Paul did not say for YOU TO TEST ANYONE ELSE. So you are out of place to ask these questions

2. Paul is telling the Christians that if they have Jesus in them they will not continue with sin and be as reprobates. The previous chapter ends with this:

For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed. (2 Corinthians 12:20-21 KJV)

Hence the call by Paul to test/examine themselves.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 00:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    On the day of Pentecost, only a specific group of devout men received the HS. It was not everyone who were present.

For me the proof that someone has Gods Spirit in them is if they preach the doctrine of Christ and if they follow His commandments. I dont know who else has Gods Spirit.

How do you know or how do you tell the difference. I ask because you say that there is a real distinction
    You don't know anyone else with the HS, there is not no small wonder why you have no
    clue who belongs to God and doesn't since those without God's Spirit are not His. You really
    should read Acts all the way through and the rest of the NT not just your pet scripture.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 00:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You don't know anyone else with the HS, there is not no small wonder why you have no
    clue who belongs to God and doesn't since those without God's Spirit are not His. You really
    should read Acts all the way through and the rest of the NT not just your pet scripture.
    What God gives to people - spiritual gifts or HS etc is between them and God,
    I dont discuss those things because it has nothing to do with me.

I discuss the doctrine of Jesus .. the doctrine that gives eternal life.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 01:25
    What God gives to people - spiritual gifts or HS etc is between them and God,
    I dont discuss those things because it has nothing to do with me.

I discuss the doctrine of Jesus .. the doctrine that gives eternal life.
    You also don't read the WHOLE Bible that discusses others being filled and getting the
    Holy Spirit in their lives either. If it doesn't fit your views you don't acknowledge it.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 10:55
    You also don't read the WHOLE Bible that discusses others being filled and getting the
    Holy Spirit in their lives either. If it doesn't fit your views you don't acknowledge it.
    Why do I need to know what God gives others? What part of the Bible says I need to know that?

What God gives to people is between them and God? I dont understand what you are carrying on about.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '16 11:592 edits
    Yet another demonstration of your inability to understand simple language, and your continued failure to include the context. You have TWO failings here:

1. Paul said to test yourselves. Paul did not say for YOU TO TEST ANYONE ELSE. So you are out of place to ask these questions

2. Paul is telling the Christians that if they have Jesus in them they ...[text shortened]... ommitted. (2 Corinthians 12:20-21 KJV)[/i]

I don't mind at all if anyone should ask me this question.
    i am not doing anything that I would object to if i were asked.

If you object being asked perhaps there is a problem with you not knowing how to answer. And that may mean you have a problem with knowing.
    And that may mean you should go before God to seek a solution why a problem with knowing exists.

Believe it or not, the questions is a constructive one. And it is meant for people to squarely examine where they are for that purpose of coming forward TO receive Jesus Christ into them.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 May '16 12:01

2. Paul is telling the Christians that if they have Jesus in them they will not continue with sin and be as reprobates. The previous chapter ends with this:

For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed. (2 Corinthians 12:20-21 KJV)

I don't dispute at all that the their consecration is his concern.

YOU ASSUME ... YOU ASSUME ... that standing on the truth that Jesus Christ lives in me is just an excuse to live a sinful life.

That is the brainwashing that YOU are under. You teach that the Christian has no right to proclaim that Jesus Christ lives in them because of the redeeming blood of Christ. You and ToO both devalue Christ's redemption.

The overcoming victorious believers overcome the accuser because they first stand upon the unconquerable faithfulness of Christ's redemption.

" And they overcame him [the accuser] because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their soul-life even unto death." (Rev. 12:11)

First things First. The Christians overcome because of the redeeming blood of Christ which has brought them into union with God.

The Christian never graduates from his or her need to stand upon the redeeming blood of Christ. The Christian never becomes so obedient to any commandments that he has no more need to stand upon the fact that Christ shed His blood to cleanse him from all sins. No amount of your law keeping renders it unnecessary to tell Satan the Accuser -

"I am washed in the blood of Jesus. I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. i overcome your incessant accusation that I am not up to snuff by reminding you that the blood of Jesus has brought me into union with God Almighty.

I overcome your accusation cloaked in whatever religious piety you use, by the blood of Christ's eternal redemption."

The horse goes before the cart.
    The engine goes before the rest of the railroad cars.

And the Christian must stand upon the truth that the blood of Jesus has caused him to be indwelt with by God and brought him into dwelling in God.

But for the record - OF COURSE Paul was concerned about their consecration to living a holy life for God's purpose of building the church.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 12:21
    Why do I need to know what God gives others? What part of the Bible says I need to know that?

What God gives to people is between them and God? I dont understand what you are carrying on about.
    So something as important between us and God where it is clearly stated if you do not
    have this you do not belong to God is meaningless to you?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 12:45
    So something as important between us and God where it is clearly stated if you do not
    have this you do not belong to God is meaningless to you?
    You do not understand.

Your relationship with God is YOUR BUSINESS .. not mine.
    My relationship with God is MY BUSINESS .. not yours.

Get it?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 12:48

I don't mind at all if anyone should ask me this question.
    i am not doing anything that I would object to if i were asked.

If you object being asked perhaps there is a problem with you not knowing how to answe ...[text shortened]... ely examine where they are for that purpose of coming forward TO receive Jesus Christ into them.
    Everyone is different. Some people put all their personal information all over the internet, on Facebook .. its their choice. I dont care to be like them anymore than I care to be like you.

You are you.
    I am me.

Christians need to EXAMINE THEMSELVES.. its an individual private matter. Not a public one.

You dont need to [although you might like to] poke your nose in peoples personal lives. Get over yourself.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:01
    Everyone is different. Some people put all their personal information all over the internet, on Facebook .. its their choice. I dont care to be like them anymore than I care to be like you.

You are you.
    I am me.

Christians need to EXAMINE THEMSELVES.. its an individual private matter. Not a public one.

You dont need to [although you might like to] poke your nose in peoples personal lives. Get over yourself.
    I'm not talking about my judgment, scripture clearly teaches if you do not have the Spirit of
    God you do not belong to God. You liking or disliking anything about that is meaningless.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:052 edits
    [quote]

For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, ...[text shortened]... ncerned about their consecration to living a holy life for God's purpose of building the church.
    So when we clear out all of the fluff and BS, you basically admit you were using that Pauls words incorrectly and without regard for the context.

In any case, some Christians overcome and are given eternal life and some dont and are destroyed. God alone knows who these are. Certainly not you.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:07
    I'm not talking about my judgment, scripture clearly teaches if you do not have the Spirit of
    God you do not belong to God. You liking or disliking anything about that is meaningless.
    And Im saying that whether or not someone has or does not have, the Spirit of God is THEIR BUSINESS NOT MINE.

Get it now?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:41
    You do not understand.

Your relationship with God is YOUR BUSINESS .. not mine.
    My relationship with God is MY BUSINESS .. not yours.

Get it?
    The sad part is this alleged god you think you have could give a crap less about the plight of humans. Even assuming there IS such a bible god. For evidence I give you the hundred MILLION dead or more in century 19,20,21 from despots and wars not even counting famine and disease, strictly human killing human for idealouges or wars or religion.

Do you seriously think that is business as usual for such a loving god? Your god may just as easily look on those deaths as sport. It certainly did nothing about them.

So the deaths of infants, children, women meant nothing to this alleged god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree